FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Green Tea is bad for you?!

Zombie
Hiya,
Within the past year I've been drinking green tea frequently. However, after reading many articles online, I'm starting to doubt that the benefits of green tea outweigh its' negative effects.

Below I will post the Green Tea and Flouride facts that I found online, I would like you to give me your opinion on this subject, but please take time to READ THE FACTS.

Quote:
Fluoride is highly toxic. In fact, before fluoride was deemed a "cavity fighter," it was used as insecticide and rat poison. It's true. Even more surprising is that when it comes to dental hygiene, fluoride actually does more harm than good.

So how is fluoride bad for you? To start with, the irony is that when you consume too much fluoride, your teeth can become discolored and crumble. But that's nothing compared to the other ways that fluoride attacks your mind and body.

Tea is very high in fluoride content. Fluoride in Green Tea is much higher than the Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) set for fluoride in drinking water.

To make matters much worse for human health, fluorides in Green Tea is found together with aluminum. The combination of aluminum and fluorides in tea is of urgent concern, due to the increased damage done by fluorides when in the presence of aluminum, especially neurological and renal damage)(17).
tchaunt
If this is true, then I'm screwed. I drink green tea like..............24/7. But my teeth aren't crumbling yet, after 2 years of green tea.
badai
it doesn't help much without citing your source.
HamsterMan
As much as I am opposed to fluoride in the drinking water. Please show me people that drinks green tea frequently that have bad teeth/are sick due to fluoride poisoning.
JBotAlan
Found the source. http://www.ghchealth.com/where-the-yellow-went.html

Looks to be an "everything natural" type website. I've heard people make these claims before...but I was not any more/less healthy when my parents (and since I was a child, I) went all-natural...and I *stopped* getting cavities when I turned 18 and let the dentist treat me with fluoride.

Yeah, fluoride is poison...if you swallow the concentrate the dentist uses! Laughing
driftingfe3s
JBotAlan wrote:

Looks to be an "everything natural" type website. I've heard people make these claims before...but I was not any more/less healthy when my parents (and since I was a child, I) went all-natural...and I *stopped* getting cavities when I turned 18 and let the dentist treat me with fluoride.

Yeah, fluoride is poison...if you swallow the concentrate the dentist uses! Laughing

Yeah, lots of things will kill you if you consume them in excess - even water. Fluoride has been used in toothpaste since 1914, and no one has died from just brushing their teeth. The only way you'll die is if you eat a large amount of the toothpaste. Green tea has been around for people to drink for thousands of years. If people were dying from drinking green tea people would of stopped drinking it a long time ago.

As the information you got was from a "natural" site of course they will say things to deter you from using things like normal toothpaste that everyone uses and buy their special natural products.
jmraker
Quote:
no one has died from just brushing their teeth

The problem is that in order to die from the floride in toothpaste is that you need to eat/swallow many tubes of toothpaste and not die from the other stuff in the paste. There isn't that much in there.

Died at the dentist office on their first visit with only 45 cubic centimeters of 2 percent stannous fluoride solution, triple an amount sufficient to have been fatal.
http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/accidents/kennerly.html

They say that the floride consumed builds up in the liver over your life

If it's that unsafe, and nothing was done, it makes you wonder why the government still dumps it in our water in the off chance that any of it will touch a tooth for a split second and work it's magic
Hogwarts
jmraker wrote:
Quote:
no one has died from just brushing their teeth

Died at the dentist office on their first visit with only 45 cubic centimeters of 2 percent stannous fluoride solution, triple an amount sufficient to have been fatal.
http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/accidents/kennerly.html

And were they brushing their teeth at that point in time? No Rolling Eyes

Also, you could just say "45mL", although I suppose that would make your off-topic anecdote all the less sensationalist.

jmraker wrote:
If it's that unsafe, and nothing was done, it makes you wonder why the government still dumps it in our water in the off chance that any of it will touch a tooth for a split second and work it's magic

Considering the amount of water a person should consume, that "off chance" is a pretty good chance.
8166UY
They can also have negative effects on your kidney, but only specific types (of which I cannot specify).
coolclay
Um regardless of fluoride and green tea how does writing 45 ml instead of 45 cc change it's sensationalism. It's the exact same thing.
Hogwarts
coolclay wrote:
Um regardless of fluoride and green tea how does writing 45 ml instead of 45 cc change it's sensationalism. It's the exact same thing.

And? We know it's the exact same thing; however presenting it in a way which isn't understandable by the plebeians of society basically is going to have a more dramatized effect.
deanhills
Not all green teas are equal. Dr. Mercola claims that if you choose green tea made from better quality, that the fluoride would be less. One can see this by the colour of the green tea. If the green tea has a brownish colour, then its fluoride content is much higher than green tea with a green colour:
Quote:
Many green teas have been oxidized, and this process may take away many of its valuable properties. The easiest sign to look for when evaluating a green tea’s quality is its color: if your green tea is brown rather than green, it’s likely been oxidized.

The matcha tea is a vibrant bright green, and is far less processed and of much higher quality than most other green teas, so you also avoid the risk of ingesting high levels of fluoride, lead, and aluminum, which can be found in inferior teas of all kinds, including green teas.

Source: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/09/30/is-tea-healthier-than-water.aspx
erlendhg
Well, this did not sound very good at all.

But then I have to make the remark that alcohol is also a deadly poison, yet so many people worldwide drink alcohol without suffering from it.

Of course, we know that people have died from abusing alcohol, but as long as one drinks just a little of it, shouldn't it be just fine?

The same goes with coffee. Caffeine is also a lethal posion when taken in large measures.

Isn't it so with all food or drinks, that you shouldn't eat or drink too much of it?
deanhills
erlendhg wrote:
Well, this did not sound very good at all.

But then I have to make the remark that alcohol is also a deadly poison, yet so many people worldwide drink alcohol without suffering from it.

Of course, we know that people have died from abusing alcohol, but as long as one drinks just a little of it, shouldn't it be just fine?

The same goes with coffee. Caffeine is also a lethal posion when taken in large measures.

Isn't it so with all food or drinks, that you shouldn't eat or drink too much of it?
Guess we need to look at the total picture. In some of the cities the pollution of air, water, everything is much worse so much so that the fluoride levels in green tea will be like a speck of nothing in comparison.
Tphilakone
Thanks a lot for a great information ill stop drinking green tea
Helios
Thanks for the information. Fortunately I don't drink green tea. I tried to, but that ended up to be not so good for my stomach for some reason.
Hogwarts
Helios wrote:
Thanks for the information. Fortunately I don't drink green tea. I tried to, but that ended up to be not so good for my stomach for some reason.

Whilst you're at it, stop drinking beverages containing caffeine, alcohol and dihydrogen oxide. All of those can kill you, under some circumstances.
Helios
Oh, funny aren't we... Razz
Coffee can't kill me, I kill it Cool
I don't drink alcohol.
deanhills
Hogwarts wrote:
Helios wrote:

Whilst you're at it, stop drinking beverages containing caffeine, alcohol and dihydrogen oxide. All of those can kill you, under some circumstances.
lol ... now you are seriously cutting into the fun parts .... what would life be without coffee in it. Laughing
Arty
It would be better. Very Happy
stel4e
I don't think drinking green tea once a week will do something bad ....
Zombie
Thanks for all the great input everyone! I've decided to continue drinking green tea... if my posting points are negative when you are reading this... then I've died from flouride overdose
Denvis
I'm drinking Green Tea as I type. I'm growing thirsty the more I type, it's a drug because it's so tasty! I can't resist...
spring567
I think it is good for us ,especially when we site in front of computer.
Ghost900
There may be some truth to that article but it seems that it may be a little exaggerated to get the point across, such as saying the teeth will crumple and whatnot.

I have always known about fluoride in our drinking water and that drinking it isn't the healthiest thing in the world but it can't be to much of a risk otherwise I think cities would lower or quit adding fluoride to the water.

I am not a Green Tea drinker, but not because I am worried about it, I simply don't like tea that much. Smile
silencet25
Zombie wrote:
Hiya,
Within the past year I've been drinking green tea frequently. However, after reading many articles online, I'm starting to doubt that the benefits of green tea outweigh its' negative effects.

Below I will post the Green Tea and Flouride facts that I found online, I would like you to give me your opinion on this subject, but please take time to READ THE FACTS.

Quote:
Fluoride is highly toxic. In fact, before fluoride was deemed a "cavity fighter," it was used as insecticide and rat poison. It's true. Even more surprising is that when it comes to dental hygiene, fluoride actually does more harm than good.

So how is fluoride bad for you? To start with, the irony is that when you consume too much fluoride, your teeth can become discolored and crumble. But that's nothing compared to the other ways that fluoride attacks your mind and body.

Tea is very high in fluoride content. Fluoride in Green Tea is much higher than the Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) set for fluoride in drinking water.

To make matters much worse for human health, fluorides in Green Tea is found together with aluminum. The combination of aluminum and fluorides in tea is of urgent concern, due to the increased damage done by fluorides when in the presence of aluminum, especially neurological and renal damage)(17).

Floride did use to be in tap water i heard
deanhills
silencet25 wrote:
Floride did use to be in tap water i heard
Right. That is not too good either. Fluoride is generally regarded as not good for your health. Probably better to drink bottled water, or water that is filtered from your tap.
PennyLane
Luckily there is no more fluoride in our drinking water here in Belgium. And yeah, if the story is true, then I'm doomed... But I pretty much doubt about the story, because it reminds me of stories like Coca Cola which could digest your stomach...
Urban legends anyone :p
misterXY
JBotAlan wrote:

damn hippies.
mwsupra
I don't see anything too bad with it unless you drink it 24/7. But like its been said, anything in excess is bad for you (except sex maybe? lol)
ted1986
There are so many kinds of tea, you can change to another one if you do not like green tea.
Zombie
PennyLane wrote:
Coca Cola which could digest your stomach...

I wouldn't doubt it. The vehicles that transport Coca Cola require Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly Corrosive materials.
hofodomo01
Zombie wrote:
PennyLane wrote:
Coca Cola which could digest your stomach...

I wouldn't doubt it. The vehicles that transport Coca Cola require Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly Corrosive materials.

Haha, I guess with some slight engineering we could turn an innocent can of coke into a health hazard Smile

Yeah, they tested this, and coca cola does not do that. The basic argument originally was that since there are substances in Coca Cola that are corrosive, it would do the same to your stomach. Seems they kinda forgot about the fact that your entire stomach is in a strong acid environment...
PatTheGreat42
When it comes to health, there are very few constants. Too much of anything can kill you; you can overdose on vitamins. Very low levels of poisons have been found (don't try this at home) to have beneficial effects. I think the anti-oxidant effects of green tea are too little and few to actually have much beneficial effect, and I think the fluoride won't kill you. Drink green tea if you like the taste but don't drown yourself in it.
shkumbin
mwsupra wrote:
I don't see anything too bad with it unless you drink it 24/7. But like its been said, anything in excess is bad for you (except sex maybe? lol)

Sex is never enough Very Happy but everthing else in in exess is too much and bad for you, but I drink green tea daily and have no problems, so dont worry so much
umeshtangnu
i have been drinking green tea for last 20 years and have absolutely healthy teeth Very Happy
Stormrage
I prefer black tea, especially with bergamot. But i occasionally mix it with green tea but in "lethal" quantities. So I guess I'm not screwed, though I doubt any of this is as serious as cited.
bigt
driftingfe3s wrote:
JBotAlan wrote:

Yeah, lots of things will kill you if you consume them in excess - even water. ....

Exactly, and the excess statement can be seen in various aspects of our daily lives.

I read this about the tooth decay:

Dental fluorosis is a health condition caused by a child receiving too much fluoride during tooth development. The critical period of exposure is between 1 and 4 years old; children over age 8 are not at risk.
----http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_fluorosis

Looks like it goes back to the excess statement and childhood.

If I didn't consume something everyday that could kill me I'd be dead by now.
bigt
shkumbin wrote:
mwsupra wrote:

Sex is never enough Very Happy but everthing else in in exess is too much and bad for you, but I drink green tea daily and have no problems, so dont worry so much

Lol, I might get tired after a while, but guess that would be even more reason to be in better shape Very Happy Though, I once heard you could go blind while having an orgasm.
Ashtray
Mmm... I don't like green tea, anyway. Thus I don't really care about positive and negative aspects. I rather drink some nice standard tea Wink.
wanshishusheng
Zombie wrote:
Hiya,

Quote:

I have not known this yet, but I think it's different to different people.
skygaia
You know, there is nothing that it's absolutely good. (of course , without God)
Mostly green tea is good for human. but it might be worse for some people....... Confused
ortie10
Great, not even the tea is safe to drink!
Raidation
There is nothing bad about green tea. It actually helps your digestion and health.

How did this one guy smoke most of his life, drink green tea, and live for over 100 years?
rvec
Moved to Health and Beauty

This move is part of rvec's big general chat cleanup
nigam
can somebody tells me about yellow tea also? yellow label i mean...does it same as green tea? does it have a bad cause if we drink yellow tea...need your informations about this...thank you...
hangnhu
has this been proven?
normal tea and coffee are bad for you as well as everything else if taken in excess
mikakiev
Green tea is great!It is nearly everything for me.I could leave without rice and meat and even fish and vegetables for a while but without green tea my life would be a nightmare.I drink green tea of different sorts (leaves.powder and even Tea-bags at work) and it really refreshes me.
babygeek
where would i be w/o green tea? probably with lots of annoying minor infections and assorted ailments...lol
Anntrenton
I'm a tea addict. I could never get through an entire day without a cup of freshly-brewed loose green tea. The smell alone is enough to make my mouth water and the delicious sensation of fresh hot tea sliding down my throat is something that I always take time to relish during my tea break. Green tea has tons of health benefits and is a great source of antioxidants. The ever increasing sale of green tea actually, is due to its ability to produce fat oxidation. This simply means that drinking green tea will act directly on your body to lessen your fats because of its natural oxidizing property. Some of the best green tea can be found at trentonteas.com. Cheers!
deanhills
Anntrenton wrote:
I'm a tea addict. I could never get through an entire day without a cup of freshly-brewed loose green tea. The smell alone is enough to make my mouth water and the delicious sensation of fresh hot tea sliding down my throat is something that I always take time to relish during my tea break. Green tea has tons of health benefits and is a great source of antioxidants. The ever increasing sale of green tea actually, is due to its ability to produce fat oxidation. This simply means that drinking green tea will act directly on your body to lessen your fats because of its natural oxidizing property. Some of the best green tea can be found at trentonteas.com. Cheers!
I like the way that green tea is prepared here. It is called Morocco tea. It is brewed with fresh mint leaves and a bit of sugar, or one could use honey instead. They use very fancy little tea kettles and it is served in very small glass cups.
Angelica1
Green tea is known for its many benefits. Green tea has become a popular drink recently, mainly because of media coverage on health benefits. The Chinese have been drinking tea for centuries because of the ability to heal and use it to treat headaches and even help prevent cancer.
dengerojame
All teas (green and black teas) from this plant are used for medical purposes in China edilir.4000 years. Headache, body aches, indigestion, depression, immune system supporter, toxins repellent, is used as energizing and life-extender.

Modern tıpda observed the following characteristics: (thanks to catechins in green tea)

Reduces the risk of cancer. (Reduces incidence of cancer)
Green tea and esophageal cancer in men 57%, 60% of women prevents.
If regular drinking of green tea reduces prostate cancer risk by two-thirds.
Green tea protects the skin cancer causing damages of ultroviyole rays.
Tumor smaller. (Reduces Tumors)
Antioxidant. (Reduces oxidation by active oxygen)
E vitaminindekinden 20 times stronger than green tea antioxidant.

Lowers cholesterol. (Lowers blood cholesterol)
Blood pressure settings. (Inhibits increase of blood pressure)
Sets of blood sugar. (Inhibits increase of blood sugar)
Öldürürür bacteria. (Kills bacteria)
Influenza virus kills. (Kills influenza virus)
It prevents bad breath. (Prevents halitosis)
Thanks to the caffeine in green tea:

Affects performance, eliminating fatigue and sleep state. (Stimulates wakefulness - Removes fatigue and sleepiness)
Diuretic. (Acts as diuretic), due to the diuretic used in slimming regimes.

Vitamin C in green tea, you can:

Reduces stress. (Reduces stress)
Flu contraceptive. (Prevents flu)
Flavonoids in green tea, you can:

Strengthens blood vessels. (Strengthen blood vessel walls)
Polysaccharides in green tea, you can:

Lowers blood sugar. (Lowers Blood Sugar)
Fluoride in green tea, you can:

Prevents tooth decay. (Prevents cavities)
Green tea and vitamin E in allows you to:

Plays a role as an antioxidant. (Acts as antioxidant)
Delay aging. (Regulates Aging)
EGCG in green tea (Epigallocateshyn gallate) with chemicals called:

Prevents the development of cancer cells.
Lung, stomach, intestines, liver and skin cancer preventive effect is doing.
Reduces the toxic effects of cigarette smoking.
Pregnant women who drink green tea can handle a smooth birth, disability will decrease the risk of having a child.

Green Tea:
Anti-inflammatory and cell renewal.
Reduces the risk of arteriosclerosis.
Core hardness remains. Prevents the formation of capillaries büzerek edema.
Nourishes the skin
Positive effects on the heart and circulatory system, and reduces disease.
Preventing osteoporosis.
Weight generates.
Relieves stomach and intestinal problems.
Having a migraine.
Continuous use, allows for the treatment of rheumatic diseases.
Accelerating the process of fat burned in the body supports diets.
Absorbs 30% of unwanted yeğların.

Scientists, consuming green tea is much less than the occurrence of cancer cases caused by humans is now said that people understood. Green tea is found in substances such as EGCG and EGC, were found effective against the risk of cancer associated with smoking. EGCG substances, broccoli, cabbage, grapes and various types of substances known to be flavonoid found in red wine.
Previous studies, flavonoid substances were found to be effective against cancer. Scientists, green tea is also effective against rheumatoid arthritis and cholesterol, cancer of the impact of the new study, announced that a new surprise.

Protection from Alzheimer ACTIVITY
The new research, experts, materials found in green tea AH (aryl hydrocarbon) by preventing the activity of the molecule, could have the effect of cigarette smoke and toxins identified dioxide revealed. A molecule known as the AH receptor, becomes effective on some genes known to be harmful changed. The effect of green tea is known to be effective on Antikanserojen AH receptor was unknown until now. Dr. Thomas Gasiewicz, green tea contains substances known to be effective against cancer that was detected as explained differently.

EFFECT OF TEA investigated consumption of
Experts, effective results obtained in the laboratory, as a tea sağlanacağının be said also highlighted the içilmesiyle. Put that did not make the same effect as drinking green tea as normal, but the new research was used to determine the sign.
Dated July 21, "Chemical Research in Toxicology" magazine in the research report, a special bulletin released on August 4.

Health source of green tea

Fashion, beauty and health of each other about interesting topics in the June issue of the Journal of Beaute votre four cups of green tea per day according to the news on cancer and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, tooth decay and preventing osteoporosis, central nervous system, warns, delaying aging .

Anticipated source of youth and health of green tea was imported to Turkey began to be sold in pharmacies. Dr. Germany. B. Scheffler Additive Green Tea is produced by the firm, green tea extract was obtained. The addition of natural caffeine and vitamin C powder and made into beverages. Numerous benefits of green tea is scientifically proven.

According to scientific reports, the four cups of green tea a day, such as delayed aging reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Improving blood pressure and blood sugar, cholesterol and fat values of the set. Thus, hardness protects the vessel. Prevents the formation of capillaries büzerek edema. Savaşıyor.Ağız with bacteria and influenza virus, pharynx, stomach and intestinal mucosa, edema azaltıyor.Yeşil does not stop to count the benefits of tea. Having a migraine. Diuretic regimens due to the weight loss helps. Tooth decay and osteoporosis prevention.

Essential for Stress

Also out of all this stress, excessive work, due to different reasons such as fatigue, irritability and sleep, eliminating state. One in every twenty people in our country, and untreated depression is eaten to break the quality of life. The other hand, gives freshness, stimulating, refreshing taste of lemon Additiva Green Tea has made more palatable by adding salt and vitamin C also. Preparation of the product is also extremely practical. After emptying the cup onto a bag filled with hot water is mixed. Also do not have to be sweetened for sugar, including the content.

Also prevents cancer

Rheumatoid arthritis and green tea are known to be effective against cholesterol, were found to be more effective against cancer is known.
The survey of Environmental Health Sciences Center, University of Rochester in the U.S., green tea and put it in effect was stronger than known anti-cancer agents.
Scientists, consuming green tea is much less than the occurrence of cancer cases caused by humans is now said that people understood. Green tea is found in substances such as EGCG and EGC, were found effective against the risk of cancer associated with smoking. EGCG substances, broccoli, cabbage, grapes and various types of substances known to be flavonoid found in red wine.
Previous studies, flavonoid substances were found to be effective against cancer. Scientists, green tea is also effective against rheumatoid arthritis and cholesterol, cancer of the impact of the new study, announced that a new surprise.

Protection from Alzheimer ACTIVITY
The new research, experts, materials found in green tea AH (aryl hydrocarbon) molecules by preventing the activity, cigarette smoke and could set dioxide revealed no toxic effect. A molecule known as the AH receptor, it has become harmful effect on some genes known to be changed. The effect of green tea is known to be effective on Antikanserojen AH receptor was unknown until now. Dr. Thomas Gasiewicz, green tea contains substances known to be effective against cancer that was detected as explained differently.

EFFECT OF TEA investigated consumption of

Experts, effective results obtained in the laboratory, as a tea sağlanacağının be said also highlighted the içilmesiyle. Put that did not make the same effect as drinking green tea as normal, but the new research was used to determine the sign.
Dated July 21, "Chemical Research in Toxicology" magazine in the research report, a special bulletin released on August 4.

Dr. Lesley A. Mitscher, published last year in the study,''Far East''paradox''to''The Book of Green Tea and creates a link between green tea. China and Japan, largely non-consumed, but is not commonly refers to cardiovascular diseases. Mitscher,''according to the studies of green tea because the values of the improvement in cholesterol and fat, blood pressure regulation and atherosclerosis önlemesidir''he says. In addition to the U.S. Congress in Cell Biology at Purdue University researchers Dorothy Moore, and D. James Morr and green tea prevents the formation of cancer cells and killed cancer cells explained scientifically. Compound called EGCG in green tea leaves of the two researchers, especially breast, prostate and colon cancer indicate that it prevents saving the day, preserved in four cups of green tea drinkers.

Smoking in the Far East for centuries, a rich source of antioxidants. Its unique flavor, with greenish-yellow color and a healthy selection of simple tastes.

Natural Wonder Drug 'Green Tea'

Green Tea reduces the risk of various cancers, lowering blood cholesterol levels, delaying aging and preventing the development of different bacteria.

Food Engineering Department, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Centenary faculty member Assistant Professor Hayri Coskun, green tea in esophageal cancer by 57 percent for men, women prevented 60 percent, he says.

Assistant Professor Hayri Coskun, said that green tea ', after plucking to prevent oxidation processes such as crushing is protected, so that the natural components and aroma have been maintained, he said. Green Tea polyphenols, polysaccharides, and various vitamins, such as the record contains many different chemical components Coates, said: "Green Tea, reducing the risk of various cancers, lowering blood cholesterol levels, delays aging and prevents the development of different bacteria. Green tea and esophageal cancer 57 percent for men, women, preventing 60 percent of the. Ultra-violet rays are known to cause skin cancer and buruşukluklara. Green tea has protective properties, this type of skin diseases. Non-smoke is a potential carcinogen NNK substance, causes lung cancer, green tea, this has a protective effect against the disease. "

TEA FOR BEAUTY

Green tea is good, especially the eyes. The green tea eye creams and gels, body shampoo and moisturisers can find on the market. Creams are melting properties of tea in the water. In addition, the structure of the skin's pH is more appropriate. Only need to pay attention; Çaylı creams can irritate the skin when placed on the injured skin.

Tea, bath and beauty products are also used. Because the skin, contains moisturizing plant oils. Protects against sunburn, in the material. Kızarıkları Polifenolslarla of the skin and heal sunburn.

Green tea soothes sensitive skin, premature aging and nourish the skin protects the ripening stage.
Greatking
Today, scientific research in both Asia and the west is providing hard evidence for the health benefits long associated with drinking green tea.
For example, in 1994 the Journal of the National Cancer Institute published the results of an epidemiological study indicating that drinking green tea reduced the risk of esophageal cancer in Chinese men and women by nearly sixty percent.
University of Purdue researchers recently concluded that a compound in green tea inhibits the growth of cancer cells.
There is also research indicating that drinking green tea lowers total cholesterol levels, as well as improving the ratio of good (HDL) cholesterol to bad (LDL) cholesterol.
deanhills
Guess I should get back to the Green Tea again. What I did learn is that all Green Tea is not equal. Perhaps the Green Tea where you brew it from leaves, like the Gun Powder range can be more healthy?

I usually brew it in a thermos vacuum jug and add fresh peppermint leaves to it as well. Then add a bit of honey to it. Quite delicious that way. Very Happy

Here is a reference to an article about Green Tea:
http://coffeetea.about.com/cs/typesoftea/a/greentea.htm

This is a list of some of the top Green Teas:
http://www.steaming-cup.com/top-green-teas
inuyasha
What?! I'm really suprised at the news. I sometimes drink it as it's commonly known as somewhat healthy. Ahhh... Mr. Hawking said we are on the hands of the experts.
menino
Yes, I agree that too much of anything might be bad for you.

If your drinking over exessive amounts of green tea.... there must be something wrong with you... not the green tea.. per se.

I think 3 -5 cups of green tea a day are ok, in 3 hour intervals.

Tea in general is healthy, even black.... but I think what is harmful in the tea, is the added sugar, where I've seen people add more sugar than the water can hold.
Also drinking lots of tea increases the amount of caffiene intake, so its better to drink and enjoy tea in moderate amounts in a day.

I didn't know that tea contains aluminium though - this is new to me.

Deanhills - I also add honey to my tea's - and sometimes with fresh mint leaves, some grounded cinamon, and cardamom.
deanhills
menino wrote:
Deanhills - I also add honey to my tea's - and sometimes with fresh mint leaves, some grounded cinamon, and cardamom.
Do you do that all together at the same time? I have not tried mint and cinnamon combo yet. I do love cinnamon though. Plain tea with cinnamon and honey is great. At one stage I used to get the cinnamon bark, and boil that for a number of minutes. I have not done that for a while. Very Happy
riderwear45
As far as I am opposed to fluoride in drinking water. Show me people who drink green tea often that it is bad teeth / sick due to poisoning by fluoride.
Arena
I think its not right which you said...
I think the tea is best for our health..
Green tea helps melt oil in your stomach and is an anti-oxidant, so it's very healthy and it's good for diet. Try drinking it without honey or sugar to decrease your intake of sugar.
Baldwin
Green tea:
Green tea helps in burn fat and boosts metabolism,
The recent study reported that
3 – 5 cups of green tea per day can help you burn more than 70 calories per day,
which amounts to 7 pounds per year....
lrj945
To date, the only negative side effect reported from drinking green tea is insomnia due to the fact that it contains caffeine. However, green tea contains less caffeine than coffee: there are approximately thirty to sixty mg. of caffeine in six - eight ounces of tea, compared to over one-hundred mg. in eight ounces of coffee.
swainmarshall
nowadays beauty is first impression in any party and function other festival. but cosmetic item are very negative effected in our health.cosmetic item mostly woman used routine life. short time improved skin-deep than dislike on skin.a company given advertising our product used not negative effected and you look very beautiful.