FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Microsoft Longhorn Minimum System Requirements......

AlphaAddict
There has been a lot of speculation about this and a lot of insane rumors with the minimum RAM ranging from 128Mb - 2048Mb.
Even pc mags have been embarrisingly wrong about this Last month PC Format made a few predictions about Longhorn Beta 1....

Now you yould think they would be able to get this right after all they are a leading PC mag with over 20 K readers but you would be wrong ....

Ya see that ? Now where can i find a 3Ghz P3 :LOL:

I happen to have 2 Longhorn PC s running on that spec my 3718 one even runs avalon and win fs (fetured in the Win FS explained thread the blue ones) on 128mb

Donutey
aack... plz resize your pics or have an attachment!! theyre huge...
Wink
otherwise that "spec my 3718 one " 3718.. what a processor? Question

i think microsoft said they were going to have tiered requirments depending on what eye candy etc. you have turned on...
Confused
izcool
Thanks for sharing, I've been looking everywhere to see what the minimum requirements were for Longhorn (now called Vista) but never found precise answers because no one I asked knew.

I guess that will be something that will have to wait until Longhorn (Vista) finally releases.

- Mike.
AlphaAddict
Use reshacker to view them in winsetup.dll in the sources folder.
The setup however has been completly redone you can boot from the cd and use the mouse etc
If the sys req were going to change they would have allready
netjunk
When is longhorn due to be released and do you know the price? I would have thought windows would continue with their 64bit program.
tanenyi
The windows vista can run on existing 32 bit proccessors. must have 2.8ghz 512mb ram 40hdd right now its not that stable yet so wait patiently..
n0obie4life
WOW.

GREAT BUMP DUDE.

Anyway, the longhorn/vista topic..
http://frihost.com/forums/vt-6758.html

-close-