FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Adding background music to youtube videos

flyfamilyguy
Hey folks!
I know that I can probably find the more appropriate forum on the YouTube website to ask this question, but I know my way around the frihost forums better.

So.,
Most everyone knows that there are copyright laws when using music that belongs to someone. I cannot use some of my favorite songs in my youtube video's because of this law. But every time that I browse youtube, I find home videos with commercial music in the background. They are all over the place. How are they doing this? Go to youtube at any time of the day, or night, and i assure you that you will find a home made video with music that you know. But try and upload your OWN video with that same song, and YouTube will mute the music on your video, and inform you that it is against copyright laws. How are all the these other guy's doing it?
Relentless
Think you will find that soon they will mute the other's

Where is the song copyrighted to?

As youtube are only stopping tracks played from outsite the loctation of where it was copyrighted.

And it is easier to stop tracks or videos when they come onine rather than searching through and reasearching.
flyfamilyguy
Relentless wrote:
Think you will find that soon they will mute the other's

Where is the song copyrighted to?

As youtube are only stopping tracks played from outsite the loctation of where it was copyrighted.

And it is easier to stop tracks or videos when they come onine rather than searching through and reasearching.

What do you mean, "Where is the song copyrighted to?" That does not make sense. Do you mean, "Who owns the song?" If so, it does not matter because ANY commercial music, owned by anyone is muted.

I have an idea...

In my next post, I will provide a link to a random YouTube video containing music that is copyrighted. THEN I will link to MY video with the same music. In MY video, the music will be muted by the YouTube staff.
Magicman
They usually cut out or change the first or last few seconds of the song which could help fool the automatic mechanism for finding copyrighted music in the uploaded files. However this will not always work, since I had a video taken down after at least two years because I had about 30 seconds of a Hendrix song at the beginning. Either way its illegal to put up those videos and they will likely come down anyway. Some people might somehow get the rights to post videos with copyrighted content but I don't know how.
flyfamilyguy
Magicman wrote:
They usually cut out or change the first or last few seconds of the song which could help fool the automatic mechanism for finding copyrighted music in the uploaded files. However this will not always work, since I had a video taken down after at least two years because I had about 30 seconds of a Hendrix song at the beginning. Either way its illegal to put up those videos and they will likely come down anyway. Some people might somehow get the rights to post videos with copyrighted content but I don't know how.

Thanks man!
ticktacktoe
You could always try using free and legit music.
Try befriending some artists on myspace.
Try using this site:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/
weableandbob
Ya, either use non copyrighted music, somehow get the band's permission, or just hope they don't find it =P. It's also possible that if it is discovered that you have copyrighted music in your video, the publisher may just choose to put their own advertising on that page instead of taking the video down. That happened to me once.