FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Very Strange Birth Method...

Lucy
I hope I am allowed to cover this topic... I just find it extreemly strange, and discusting.

Ok so during my usual daily random internet surfing, I stumbled across a site about Orgasmic Birth.. yes you heard it right. You can go search it yourself.. but according to different internet searches, many women are doing this. *VOMITS*

Do you think this is as sick as I think it is? Is it right morally?
HamsterMan
They are not "doing" this. This is simply a side effect of birth for some women and there is definitely nothing sick about it. Whatever helps the women take their minds off the pain.
SpellcasterDX
I don't see how it's wrong, or sickening. A little strange, yes, but not wrong or gross.
Fatality
I agree, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. You may have misunderstood the idea. At first I was a little shocked, but after the second poster explained it a little it didn't seem all that bad. Deffinitly an odd birth method though, I will agree with that.
andersonic
It's not sick. Whatever helps the woman give birth easier and more comfortably.
missdixy
I don't understand why this is disgusting to you....if I were in the middle of childbirth I would be so lucky to have an orgasm! Seriously.
Zombie
I don't think it's disgusting, but I do find it slightly gross... Ok, I'm done thinking about it please.
rvec
Quote:
Is it right morally

Shocked Why would this not be a good thing. If woman can feel better in something that's often described as the most painful experience in a woman's live, it's "discusting", "sick" and not "right morally"?
driftingfe3s
Any pleasure is good pleasure in my book! I think this is a great method of childbirth rather than the normal traumatic one.
ocalhoun
rvec wrote:
it's "discusting", "sick" and not "right morally"?

People will think that about anything outside of what's normal. It's one of society's little ways of forcing conformity.
coolclay
My question is how do you "stumble" upon a site about orgasmic birth, that in and of itself is slightly disturbing. I am just kidding though I am sure you weren't searching anything disturbing. I don't really understand how that kind of experience can be "orgasmic" but hey whatever works.
HamsterMan
coolclay wrote:
My question is how do you "stumble" upon a site about orgasmic birth, that in and of itself is slightly disturbing. I am just kidding though I am sure you weren't searching anything disturbing. I don't really understand how that kind of experience can be "orgasmic" but hey whatever works.

I read a similar news story about orgasmic birth on another forum last week so there is probably a good reason why it suddenly gets so much media coverage.
missdixy
Also, just for those wondering why so many people have been talking about this...it was on 20/20 or err one of those type of shows recently. And then it was also in some magazines and, of course, online news articles.
deanhills
missdixy wrote:
Also, just for those wondering why so many people have been talking about this...it was on 20/20 or err one of those type of shows recently. And then it was also in some magazines and, of course, online news articles.
Good point. Sounds almost like the lady doth protest too much. Smile
rockacola
Lucy wrote:

Let me tell you what is not morally right. Epidural and Cesarean Childbirth Evil or Very Mad
HamsterMan
rockacola wrote:
Let me tell you what is not morally right. Epidural and Cesarean Childbirth Evil or Very Mad

What in the world could you have against these practices? I shouldn't even have to mention that Cesarean Childbirth can sometimes be a matter of life or death.
Agent ME
I don't think it's disgusting, but a bit weird. Especially if the mom decided to be interviewed for a news article and stuff. As I saw someone on reddit comment, if I were an expecting father, I'd probably be a bit uncomfortable thinking about "my wife getting it on with my unborn child". Razz
silencet25
Lucy wrote:
I hope I am allowed to cover this topic... I just find it extreemly strange, and discusting.

Ok so during my usual daily random internet surfing, I stumbled across a site about Orgasmic Birth.. yes you heard it right. You can go search it yourself.. but according to different internet searches, many women are doing this. *VOMITS*

lol people these days
Faraz
That sounds gross!
valadez
It does all look really weird but it does make sense in regards to less pain due to less stress.

I've got nothing against it but anybody that does have that probably shouldn't mention it to there kids Shocked

Quote:
My question is how do you "stumble" upon a site about orgasmic birth, that in and of itself is slightly disturbing.

If I tell people I just stumbled upon it while browsing the net (which is what I was basically doing here) they'd probably think the same lol
PennyLane
Why would this be gross? I really thought only a man could write something like this, but obviously I prejuged them... Sorry you guys :p
But like Miss Dixy said, I would love an orgasm while I was delivering a child :p
mwsupra
Not gross at all. What's gross is hearing about women eating the afterbirth... YUCK.
TurtleShell
missdixy wrote:
I don't understand why this is disgusting to you....if I were in the middle of childbirth I would be so lucky to have an orgasm! Seriously.

Agreed.
sondosia
I've never had a baby so I can't truly relate, but I have the feeling that when I do, I'll mostly be screaming for someone to make it hurt less, so, I probably won't care how "disgusting" that method is. =)
apple
I love the idea!!
carlospro7
I went to the website orgasmicbirth.com and it really doesn't seem sick at all. It sounds natural.
tony
Very interesting! I think it sounds good for the woman, a little good feeling in the midst of a lot of pain.
emonbd
I think this is a great method of childbirth rather than the normal traumatic one.
RipperGOD
@emonbd Couldn't agree more!
driftingfe3s
mwsupra wrote:
Not gross at all. What's gross is hearing about women eating the afterbirth... YUCK.

Yeah I totally agree. There are many animals that do this to replenish energy, but food is quite easily accessible to humans, there is no need to do this.
fx-trading-education
I won't discuss if it is good or bad but I am surprised and not sure to know how it works.

Giving birth is quite a long process usually. I will last several hours (not sure about the typical number but probably 6-8 hours if you count from the time where the pain starts to occur. Maybe less if it is not the first birth)

So if you have pain for let's say 6 hours, having an orgasm seems to be a bit a very short term solution. Or am I misunderstanding the concept?