FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there any file size limit?

myviny
or any limitation on file type
ocalhoun
Well, 250 MB of course, and I think there have been rare complaints about the uploader not accepting files over a certain size.

As for file types, no restrictions, but be careful to make sure any .mp3's (or any other files) you upload are completely legal.
rvec
if you upload over the control panel there can be problems when uploading large files because of the file limit in php and apache. There won't be any problems with file types, as it is linux and linux doesn't care about extensions.

If you upload over ftp you can upload files up to at least 200MB (probably no limit, but I tried only up to 200MB).

As for the mp3 files, the server looks for those on all accounts once every while. If you have mp3 files on your account and didn't ask permissions you risk losing your account.
If you have an account on our forums you can ask permission here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-7.html
Permission will only be given if you own the copyrights or have been given permission from the owner to distribute it.
Ccsteph22
Yes, the limit is 250mb
I like to post something to sourceforge and give the link to people on my website
joybidder
Can you download exe file from the site?
Lots of hosting service banned the hosting of exe file. What about here in Frihost?
mOrpheuS
joybidder wrote:
Can you download exe file from the site?
Lots of hosting service banned the hosting of exe file. What about here in Frihost?

Yes, you could download exe files from your FRIHost site.
As of now, we do not impose any filetype based restriction.