FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mp3 labelling and organizing

gverutes
Does anyone know a good (free) application that quickly renames digital music files.

I use CDex to rip CDs and it works great, but I also have a lot of music from friends that is improperly labelled. Even if the file name is okay the actual name when it's loaded into Windows Media Player or Winamp is completely different.

Is there any program out there that can correct this discrepancy quickly?

Thanks, G
8166UY
I use the very simple, small, but yet very powerfull tool called MP3tag:
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Just add the folder in which you put the CD's and you can easily browse between the internal folders on the left. Click the song, change the values and finish by clicking the saving floppy. Simple as that. Also adding the cover art is easy. Dragging or just click "paste". Or import it, if you want a detour. Wink
gverutes
Thanks! Looks really good.

What's the weather in Holand like right now?
8166UY
Great most of the time. Today it was around the 20 degrees centigrade with nothing but sunshine. Yesterday also, so I have it continues quite a bit since Holland tends to have rainy, cold weather. We often call this country our little froggy land.

And please let me know if the program turns out good even the second time you look at it. Wink
Insanity
There's a program called MP3 Tagit or something similar... its free and pretty user friendly.
Nutteloos
I'm a big fan of Musicbrainz. It has a huge database of albums which it browses on its own after you tell it which files to tag. 90% matches immediately, the rest only takes a few seconds to find the correct information. No more endlessly typing every single title yourself, no more looking up track numbers on wikipedia... I love it. Smile
ted1986
Well, you can try moyea flv editor lite, it can make you to add metadata.
soljarag
yeah.. Tagit is a good program
Radar
I realise this is obvious, but talking about simply ripping CDs in the first post, iTunes does it well, just checking against it's online database.

Or at least, well enough. Once in a while I'll be trying to import an obscure enough CD such that it doesn't have a listing.