FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What will be the status of religion? if we find life formati

falacal
What will be the status of religion?
if we find life forms on other planets . For example latest infos about mars
claims that microbiological life exists under the soil
So tHE Status of God and evolution?
ocalhoun
Why would it change?
The creationists would say that God must have made some microbes on Mars, and the evolutionists would say that some microbes must have evolved on Mars.

(On a side note, I'm reminded of the very funny comment by aliens on the Simpsons TV show: "We've been watching your puny planet ever since it was created... by God." they then cross themselves.)
supernova1987a
it will be gr8 news for Religions!!!! But I guess we already know that life exists across the universe. haha
god created the universe and we explore it.
atul2242
It's a bit like the chicken and egg - Did God create the UNiverse or is the Universe a part of Him....
tennisniper
Look, God created the world, the solar system, the galaxy, and the universe. I'm pretty sure he didn't do ALL that just for us. Heck, he even taught us the value of efficiency and the negative effects of waste. I personally think he did that as a guide to show us to where his mind was at when he made it, and to keep us looking up to the stars. Just don't forget what it is you're standing on when you look up!
Bikerman
tennisniper wrote:
Look, God created the world, the solar system, the galaxy, and the universe. I'm pretty sure he didn't do ALL that just for us. Heck, he even taught us the value of efficiency and the negative effects of waste. I personally think he did that as a guide to show us to where his mind was at when he made it, and to keep us looking up to the stars. Just don't forget what it is you're standing on when you look up!

Alternatively - there is no God and it is simply a human creation.
All of a sudden all the problems vanish in a puff of logic...simple.
atul2242
Bikerman wrote:

Alternatively - there is no God and it is simply a human creation.
All of a sudden all the problems vanish in a puff of logic...simple.

I wish it were true....
Living under dark shadows of aggressive multiple religious groups increases our problems but they are not the only ones creating havoc.
DoctorBeaver
It has been said that religion fills the gaps in human knowledge and that as knowledge increases those gaps get fewer and smaller. However, that really only applies to those who approach religion with an open mind. There are those, and Creationists are a classic case in point, who pervert knowledge or simply refuse to accept it. How many times do we hear "Only God could do that" or "That couldn't have happened by chance"?

God's perceived role in the workings of the universe is diminishing as our understanding increases; but religion is very resilient and there will always be holes in our knowledge. Even if we find undeniable proof that the universe started with the Big Bang, there will still be the questions of how/where/when/why did the Big Bang occur, did anything exist prior to it, and are there other universes?

If we ever find proof of life elsewhere in the universe, the religionists will simply try to twist that to "prove" the existence of God. Maybe they will claim that Satan took some early lifeforms from Earth and planted them elsewhere to multiply his legions (after all, he put fossils in the ground to confound us Laughing ).

By the very nature of how Gods are perceived, the non-existence of a supreme being can never be proved. No matter how much we learn or what we discover, religion will survive.
anarhistu
atul2242 wrote:
It's a bit like the chicken and egg - Did God create the UNiverse or is the Universe a part of Him....

Sorry, but I do not see the chicken and the egg here.... In both cases, God is the first... eighter he created the univers, eighter the univers is part of him... so he is the first in both cases. Why there is no second option if we talk about chicken or egg option?
I would simply say: Did God created the Universe or is God just a simple dream of creation?
atul2242
anarhistu wrote:

I would simply say: Did God created the Universe or is God just a simple dream of creation?

What about " God is the creation of dreams "
atul2242
DoctorBeaver wrote:
Laughing ).
By the very nature of how Gods are perceived, the non-existence of a supreme being can never be proved. No matter how much we learn or what we discover, religion will survive.

True! But since religion is a mold-able, pervert-able, corrupted institution cant we come up with something better.
DoctorBeaver
atul2242 wrote:
DoctorBeaver wrote:
Laughing ).

True! But since religion is a mold-able, pervert-able, corrupted institution cant we come up with something better.

We have. It's called science.
atul2242
science is based on facts, it offers tangible proofs if not available reasonable hypothesis
religion is based on faith
are they alternatives? Question
tennisniper
I think it all depends on what form of a God people are looking for. If God is considered to be the force that is behind all matter and energy, then it's impossible to not believe in a God. The big bang had to come from someplace.. eg. the mass and energy of an entire universe, pulled together into a single point in space, was not something that anything inside of that universe could possibly ever do. It had to take an external force, which we call God, and which is now spread out and intermingled throughout the universe. Human beings can tell this instinctually, and wish we could view it from His perspective, just like we try to apply empathy to each other. The greatness and awe-inspiring capability of God is just too much, though, and we have to pick specific images to worship that we feel are indicative of our view of his influence. These symbols, in Christianity's case, are the Cross, which is merely the intersection point of four rectangles, and Jesus Christ, who took our negative energy upon himself, gave all of himself to the point of the end of his life, for his beliefs, and then rose from the dead to head to his kingdom in Heaven. That about covers Christianity, doesn't it? Stay focused on earth, give of yourself to your fellow man, and don't fear death, because you will arise as well. So far as beliefs that represent the best parts of humanity, there are worse religions than Christianity out there. But with this religion, as with any other, the most fearful thing to watch is overzealousness. It's great to believe in God through your method, but don't for a second think that someone else's is worse than your opinion on the nature of God, because that makes you exactly the opposite of what God truly wants you to be.
Bikerman
tennisniper wrote:
I think it all depends on what form of a God people are looking for. If God is considered to be the force that is behind all matter and energy, then it's impossible to not believe in a God. The big bang had to come from someplace.. eg. the mass and energy of an entire universe, pulled together into a single point in space, was not something that anything inside of that universe could possibly ever do.
It is perfectly possible not to believe in a God - even in this limited definition. Why did the BB have to come from 'someplace'? That is an article of faith, not an empirical statement of logic or fact. I suggest that you need to read a lot more physics before you pontificate.