FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Posting takes way too long...

gverutes
Does anyone have a suggestion for how to post quicker? It takes me almost a minute for my positing to go through.

I have fast Internet (so I know that is not the problem). Maybe I should "preview" before I "submit" -- regardless, it is taking me way too long to post.

Thanks!
Bondings
This problem should have been fixed, it's weird that it still takes so long to post.
gverutes
Yes, if I hit "preview" and then "submit" it helps...
deanhills
I've had difficulty posting today, but not of the same kind as before. Looks as though Frihost Forums were down from time to time as every now and then it would get stuck and tonight I have not been able to get in for about half an hour, and when I tried to log in, I went past a log-in screen straight into my account. Weird!

Initially I thought it had something to do with my posting about the lay-out of the top box with my avatar in it (I posted it in suggestions), as just after the slow-down, an improved box came up. I then thought to go back to suggestions to thank Bondings, could not get there, then finally when I did, the box was back as it was before, with lots of bottom white space and the Google and Frihost Search bars scrunched up against the Avatar Client Info.

Then a few hours later when I tried to log in I could not.

On the silver lining front, when there was the slow-down, the postings I made went through. I have not lost any of the points on the postings. This one went through effortlessly too. Good stuff!
gverutes
Yes, in summary I think some days the servers are acting up and the posting is really slow.

Other days, it goes right through! Hitting "preview" does help though - I have confirmed.

-G
deanhills
Posting was slow this morning, I had a few time-outs. But with no loss for postings or points. Think that is a great improvement. Not sure what the reason is for the time-outs. Hope it will fix itself later in the day.
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
Posting was slow this morning, I had a few time-outs. But with no loss for postings or points. Think that is a great improvement. Not sure what the reason is for the time-outs. Hope it will fix itself later in the day.

What I did was making the posting a lot faster (a lot less needs to be done without the search indexing). I still have to fix the slowness that happens sometimes.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
What I did was making the posting a lot faster (a lot less needs to be done without the search indexing). I still have to fix the slowness that happens sometimes.
Thanks Bondings. The speed did improve during the day. Did not experience any more time-outs after my last posting. Am enjoying the posting, living up to my "Addicted Frihoster" ranking status Smile
gverutes
I agree! Posting is a lot faster now....

Still, the "preview" option works best for me.
misha9090
The post is fast! You have problem on internet 100%
Carola_Game
misha, The topic is already older now, because posting was slower, but the moderator already worked on that now, see comments above Wink
deanhills
I experienced difficulties with posting last night - 12 May. I got kicked out a few times in a row and had to log back in. I lost the posting and edits, and thankfully did not loose any posting points. But it was particularly slow going. I thought it could be my service at home, but at work this morning when I tried Frihost, could not get in. It is going slightly better now, but not as perfect as it has been for a few days.
deanhills
13 May posting was slower than 12 May. I could not do any posting from home. It took ages to log in, and then when I clicked on anything, it would take ages to download the page and sometimes would not download.

14 May posting at work slightly better, hoping that posting tonight at home will be improved.
rvec
<sarcasm>you should make a blog</sarcasm>

edit: nothing wrong here
deanhills
rvec wrote:
you should make a blog
About postings that take too long? I thought Bondings may wish to know when the Website is slow, he is more likely to read this Forum, than a personal blog.
deanhills
I have to make a double posting as I can't edit my posts. The screen freezes up and can't open up in the edit mode. After replying to rvec, I wanted to go back in to report that posting is still agonizingly slow, and gave up at 10 minutes waiting. It freezes and hangs.

I just wanted to report that the posting is still very slow, the slowest it has ever been at home. Almost impossible to make postings. Previously I could still open up edit, but yesterday and today it was impossible to edit postings. Takes for ages for the posting to be submitted.

Good part is still that I have not lost any postings yet.
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
rvec wrote:
you should make a blog
About postings that take too long? I thought Bondings may wish to know when the Website is slow, he is more likely to read this Forum, than a personal blog.

Yes indeed I'm interested in this and a blog would be harder to notice, while I regularly look at the support forums.

About the problems, I'm trying to solve the problem but I first need to find out what exactly is causing it.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
deanhills wrote:
rvec wrote:
you should make a blog

Yes indeed I'm interested in this and a blog would be harder to notice, while I regularly look at the support forums.

About the problems, I'm trying to solve the problem but I first need to find out what exactly is causing it.
Thanks Bondings. Posting has been great tonight and I can edit almost effortlessly. I imagine it must be like once before, when I wrote to say all is well again, and you had indicated it had been corrected on its own? Smile
Bondings
Yes, it was mostly by itself. I think I restarted mysql and apache (http server). Maybe a quick fix would be to have those restarted every few hours (although that would cause a downtime of like half a minute each time that happens).
SpellcasterDX
I never experienced this except for like once or twice, but I think it was my internet those times.
Carola_Game
I still have no problems with posting. No errors or slow posting and also editing works fine for me. Strange!

I use FF instead of IE, maybe that helps?

Good luck!