FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Adding more Value to Fri$

Should all Frihost services, other than basic ones cost fri$
Yes
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Only Some (which ones?)
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

redslazers
Now that we have to pay a small amount of fri to not see advertisements
(see http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-103414.html)

i think we should add even more value, that people have to pay fri$ to use services, like a monthly fee to use all services except the basics.

(redslazers)
Blog +1
New Thread in Market Place -1

(rvec)
adding website to profile
New Thread in Advertising Forum

(blaster)
Official Lottery

(ocalhoun)
Remove 80% of fri$ plus implement some of the above

anyone else?

so what do you people think and what other things could be charged for, to reduce the amount of fri in circulation so that the value goes up.
rvec
hmm yeah that might be a good idea. Maybe also for adding a website to your profile and making a topic in the advertising forum.
Arseniy
I'm for paying for new blog. Other stuff seems not so 'precious' to pay. And Frihost is actually a free hosting. So I'd not make everything here valued even with frih$.
redslazers
Arseniy wrote:
I'm for paying for new blog. Other stuff seems not so 'precious' to pay. And Frihost is actually a free hosting. So I'd not make everything here valued even with frih$.

but if we dont give fri$ some sort of value, then it will reach a tipping point where it is very hard to use fri$ for anything becuase the income is still the same 1-5 fri$ but it will cost alot more to do things becuase there is alot of fri$ available.

If fri$ isnt given a real value soon then maybe every 6 months or something 10% of fri$ is removed to stabilise the currency
adri
redslazers wrote:

Redslazers
Blog +1
New Thread in Market Place
Rvec

Good ideas except paying for a new thread in the Marketplace, because some people give away money to post a comment on their blog...

Adri
rvec
adri wrote:
redslazers wrote:

Redslazers
Blog +1
New Thread in Market Place
Rvec

Good ideas except paying for a new thread in the Marketplace, because some people give away money to post a comment on their blog...

Adri
So? That's like advertising your website, you can pay 50 extra frih$ for doing that. For everything you don't get anything yourself you would probably make a contest anyway.
Insanity
Instead of using FRIH$ to charge for basic services, I think there should be more additional services that we can buy. If everyone just keeps on collecting their FRIH$, then there will soon be no point to it, if there's nothing to redeem with it. I like the current idea of using it to hide advertisements, but since I have ad-blocking software installed, it doesn't really make a difference to me. But I like the general idea behind it.
Blaster
I think that we should instate a type of lottery system where you can gambel away your frih
ocalhoun
Well, there is one problem...
If you make things cheap, then people like me can afford a practically infinite amount of it.
But, if you make things expensive, newer users won't be able to use it much.

Possibly, we might have an all-user frih$ reset (or, say, 80% cut) at the same time that several things to make frih$ valuable are instituted.
redslazers
ocalhoun wrote:
Well, there is one problem...
If you make things cheap, then people like me can afford a practically infinite amount of it.
But, if you make things expensive, newer users won't be able to use it much.

Possibly, we might have an all-user frih$ reset (or, say, 80% cut) at the same time that several things to make frih$ valuable are instituted.

i think removing 80% of fri$ and start charging for services would be an ok idea but an even better one would be to impose a limit on the amount of fri$ available to users and when this limit is reached 50% is taken out of circulation to maintain the value of fri$