FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Screem

evilgeniuself
I was looking for an equivalent to Adobe Dreamweaver for my computer (which currently runs Ubuntu, although it used to run Devil Linux), and found "Screem HTML/XHTML Editor", which is a free text editor. It's not nearly as nice or useful as Adobe, yet it is convenient for setting up file paths and previewing your pages. What I was wondering was if anyone else uses Screem, and what they think of the program.
SonLight
I noticed that Screem is in early development, 0.16 or so I think. You might do better with something more mature, although you can be an asset to the development team if you like their design and can comment on the quirks you run across.

I saw this thread,

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-devel/2009-January/002740.html

where they talk about finding an alternative for screem in edubuntu. It seems Komposer and Bluefish are possible choices. You might be interested in checking the rest of the thread.

I find lack of documentation to be a problem with many of these. Bluefish seems good, but I haven't learned how to use it well. If you are familiar with dreamweaver, it makes sense to look for something which works similarly. I don't have any idea about that. If you can find comparisons, many here would probably be interested to know about it.
amperx
I will definitely look up on this, great find, i especially look at more apps for ubuntu Very Happy
evilgeniuself
SonLight wrote:
I noticed that Screem is in early development, 0.16 or so I think. You might do better with something more mature, although you can be an asset to the development team if you like their design and can comment on the quirks you run across.

I saw this thread,

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-devel/2009-January/002740.html

where they talk about finding an alternative for screem in edubuntu. It seems Komposer and Bluefish are possible choices. You might be interested in checking the rest of the thread.

I find lack of documentation to be a problem with many of these. Bluefish seems good, but I haven't learned how to use it well. If you are familiar with dreamweaver, it makes sense to look for something which works similarly. I don't have any idea about that. If you can find comparisons, many here would probably be interested to know about it.

There are a few quirks, but nothing too bad. I have found problems in Screem with CSS, especially when dealing with the a tag. I will check that thread out though, thanks for directing me.