FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Reload... every time... what's going on?

Experienced this?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe... Maybe not <.< Who's askin'?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

ocalhoun
Okay, this is a little weird.

Every time I go to frihost, or any site hosted on frihost, the first time I click on the link or bookmark, or type it in, I'll get a time-out website not available error.

Then, if I reload the page, it will load properly as fast as you could wish for.

It doesn't happen with links within the site (like clicking on a forum topic) only the first time I navigate to frihost. Frihost (and frihost hosted websites) are the only sites that do this to me. It has been happening for about a week now, and happens every time exactly the same way.

Is this strange thing happening to anyone else, and what causes it? I fear that if prospective new members click on a link to frihost (or my frihost hosted site) they'll assume the site no longer exists and go somewhere else instead.
truespeed
Earlier when i came to the site,the site was down,and a couple of refreshes and it was back up,but i don't think its related to what happens to you,just a case of the site being down as usually when i first come to the site its always there.
deanhills
I've got no problems. Right now I am having great fun as Frihost seems to be chugging along at normal speed .... Smile
Bondings
Every time an account is created, Apache needs to restart which causes the websites not to work for a bit more than half a minute. There are probably a few other restarts happening too, but not that much. Maybe this is causing the problem for you, but then again this should only happen a few times a day and not on the first page, but randomly.

This is really weird. Is anyone else having this problem?
AftershockVibe
I've had it happen a few times - it was at random though and on the entire server (my own domain) not just the frihost forums.

I guess there was just an account creation session going on.