FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The canal I live at, two hundred meters down the stream

8166UY
Made this picture when I grabbed a kebab and went back. I did apply a layer and tickled the colors to enhance it a bit, but you probably don't mind. It's btw one of the very few street that isn't bombed to the ground by the nazi's. The rest of Rotterdam is build in or after the war, but still is the largest city in Holland but Amsterdam.

Vladalf
Great photo, that area looks magnificent. How are the sunrises there?
Vlad
8166UY
Dunno, I tend to sleep longer and do not see this part unless a take a slight detour. The skyscrapers I see from my room look amazing in the sunrise though. Wink
Flakky
Many cameras tend to make magenta spots so you better could have removed them first hand before you did additional editing. Removing the unnecessary magenta really makes an image more real. Also the effects you did on the picture, they don't look so good. Can I take a look at the original photo you made?
8166UY
The camera is actually really bad, but here you go. I'm interested in ways to improve my work! Tips are only to make me better. Wink

ocalhoun
Well, I can see you've got lighting issues for one thing... taking a picture with a very bright background while in a dark place, it makes the background a little over-bright as the camera tries to compensate for the darkness up close. You could try to fix that a bit by editing the light levels with photoshop or gimp, or you could just avoid that in the future.

Framing wise... You know... I think I'd really like to see a version without the tree on the left in it.
How do you feel about this one?
Flakky
Here is a bad part of your picture enlarged:

After removing magenta:

Full image:

I did this in Photoshop. I don't know if you have but I'll describe how anyway. I have the Dutch version of photoshop. In Afbeeldingen -> Aanpassingen -> Selectieve kleur you'll have to select magenta instead of red. Then move the magenta slider all the way to the right. This of course assuming you have no magenta colored objects on your photo.

Also ocalhoun. Good advice. I tried to fix the sky for him but I failed. This picture can not be rescued Sad
8166UY
Thnx, I'll keep this one in mind when I go shooting pictures again!