FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

British India @ Live At The Zoo

bjwok
Ill informed decisions by event management saw the barrier being bulldozed over during British India's set at Live At The Zoo. Not surprising when you see the kind of barrier the festival had in place. You know the kind that keeps shopping trolleys in line at the supermarket? A four year old could push it over. Just another example of the poor management that plagued this event.

British India's set was stopped twice, before it was cut short entirely. The band understandably didn't thing too much of the event as my publicity shot shows (and this was before they played!)

Event management then spent the next hour and a half placing cylinder blocks of concrete on the stands of the barrier to keep them in place for headlining act Cut Copy. The punters stood there waiting for well over an hour and in the end Cut Copy didn't perform. Nothing was said to the crowd, no explanation, nothing. The next day I heard that due to the time it took for them to put the concrete in place it would have meant Cut Copy would be playing passed midnight and that was in breach of their liquor license. Yet on the set list it clearly stated Cut Copy were scheduled to play until 12:30am. Then on the other stages there was all night doof doof's planned. Not 100% sure if anyone knew what was going on - management included.