FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is the Announcements and Rules forum obsolete?

ocalhoun
I'm thinking the announcements and rules forum, at least in its announcements capacity is obsolete. It hasn't been used for that in some time now because announcements get posted in the blog instead...
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
I'm thinking the announcements and rules forum, at least in its announcements capacity is obsolete. It hasn't been used for that in some time now because announcements get posted in the blog instead...
I've noticed it too. I've recently done some searches on the rules. Would be nice to have those all up under the heading of Rules somewhere.
mathiaus
Maybe not so much for announcements so more, but it still has all the rules. I certainly wouldn't say it is obsolete.

Are you suggesting removal, improvement or replacement?
ocalhoun
Perhaps replacement by a link to a non-forum-topic type page with the rules.
(Something similar to the FAQ link.)
The announcements part of it has already been replaced.
deanhills
Think it would be nice to have a link right on top next to FORUMS called RULES, so that it can stand out and be available all the time at a click of a button.
rvec
take another look at all the stickies in the announcement forum, there are too many rules to put them all on one page. You might make one page for each topic, but then what difference would that make?
deanhills
rvec wrote:
take another look at all the stickies in the announcement forum, there are too many rules to put them all on one page. You might make one page for each topic, but then what difference would that make?
Well then perhaps it would be nice to have a collection of links to posting rules, all in one place. If you type "posting rules" in the Frihost search box it comes up with hundreds of links that have nothing to do with posting rules.