FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Frihost Blog features

adri
When I saw Bondings post of his new forum here on Frihost (the Blog Forum) I thought of re-beginning my Frihost Blog but i had some disappointments.

First of all, I tried to delete my old Blog posts. This didn't work. Sad
Second, I edited my posts so the old content wouldn't be visible anymore, but changing the title isn't possible too? And deleting categories also isn't possible?

So I want to ask Bondings (and any other PHP coder that helps Bondings ?) to insert those features, a quick list:

• Deleting Blog items
  • Deleting Categories
  • Changing the name of a Blog item.

I do know that I can ask a Moderator to delete or change those things but I don't want to interrupt them with this stupid matter.

So with the recent changes on FriHost (new forum-layout (the look of the categories), new search engine,...) I hope that this will be changed too?

Thanks in advance. Very Happy

Adri
Bondings
adri wrote:
When I saw Bondings post of his new forum here on Frihost (the Blog Forum) I thought of re-beginning my Frihost Blog but i had some disappointments.

First of all, I tried to delete my old Blog posts. This didn't work. Sad
Second, I edited my posts so the old content wouldn't be visible anymore, but changing the title isn't possible too? And deleting categories also isn't possible?

So I want to ask Bondings (and any other PHP coder that helps Bondings ?) to insert those features, a quick list:

• Deleting Blog items
  • Deleting Categories
  • Changing the name of a Blog item.

I do know that I can ask a Moderator to delete or change those things but I don't want to interrupt them with this stupid matter.

So with the recent changes on FriHost (new forum-layout (the look of the categories), new search engine,...) I hope that this will be changed too?

Thanks in advance. Very Happy

Adri

The reason why there is no removal of blog items is the same as for the forums. People interact with (post a comment, link to) your post and then suddenly it is removed.

About deleting categories, that's a good idea. Although they can be renamed, so that's not really a big problem.

About changing the name of a Blog post, that should be possible, by editing the post (it's the subject).
adri
Bondings wrote:

The reason why there is no removal of blog items is the same as for the forums. People interact with (post a comment, link to) your post and then suddenly it is removed.

Ok that's fine, but then there should be the possibility of changing it from categories so you could change them to another category (example: Trash category (ofcourse made manually))

Bondings wrote:

About deleting categories, that's a good idea. Although they can be renamed, so that's not really a big problem.

Yeah but when you have (after a while) 10 categories and then suddenly you realize that you only need 5 off them.

Bondings wrote:

About changing the name of a Blog post, that should be possible, by editing the post (it's the subject).

For some reason, this doesn't work with me? Maybe some other persons have this too?

Adri
Bondings
adri wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Ok that's fine, but then there should be the possibility of changing it from categories so you could change them to another category (example: Trash category (ofcourse made manually))

Bondings wrote:

Yeah but when you have (after a while) 10 categories and then suddenly you realize that you only need 5 off them.

Bondings wrote:

For some reason, this doesn't work with me? Maybe some other persons have this too?

Adri

To change the category of a blog post, you need to go to the page of the blog post and under the post is a drop-down box with all the categories. Selecting a category changes the category of the blog post. This probably needs to be added on other places because hardly anyone seems to notice this. Wink

And yes I know this is a problem when you need less categories, so I'm going to add this feature, I just can't promise a date for it.

About editing the subject, that indeed doesn't seem to work, which is weird because I thought it used to work fine (or I didn't test it well enough).
adri
Bondings wrote:

To change the category of a blog post, you need to go to the page of the blog post and under the post is a drop-down box with all the categories. Selecting a category changes the category of the blog post. This probably needs to be added on other places because hardly anyone seems to notice this. Wink

Oh indeed, it works, I always thought that was for browsing the categories.

Bondings wrote:

And yes I know this is a problem when you need less categories, so I'm going to add this feature, I just can't promise a date for it.

Thanks Bondings Wink

Adri Very Happy