FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fire! Santa Rosa, Fire! @ Live At The Zoo '09

bjwok
Fire! Santa Rosa, Fire! opened the Live @ the Zoo three day camping/music festival with a solid set, delivered with their trademarked happy banter and crowd participation to the punters who had arrived early (or were still there from the night before).

The events that were to follow over the course of the weekend can only be described as a complete and utter shamozzle: 8 people OD'd, bands pulled from the bill as they are about to walk onto the stage, cheap-ass portable crowd barriers crushed under the weight of punters in the mosh, no toilet paper in the portables, not a shred of grass to be seen ANYWHERE resulting in everything being covered in a thick layer of red dust, no running water despite clearly being advertised to have shower facilities (WTF???!!!! - no fresh water and no bottled water ALL weekend at a rock festival?????? not even at the front of the barrier!!!) the headlining act not performing. the headlining act not performing. I have written that twice as it is a MASSIVELY GIGANTIC thing!! Many punters paid $180 for a weekend ticket to this event to see headliners Cut Copy and they just didn't appear. And no mention by event organisers, no mention from the band or publicity, NOTHING!! Just a no-show!

Anyway, I will be posting more from this event and more pics, so I will hold off until then.