FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox and Vista

titus1972
Has anyone out there had difficulty using Firefox with Windows Vista? I downloaded it, was quite pleased with it's operation, except that I was repeatedly being asked to "download plugins for Adobe reader". I tired to follow the instructions, without luck. Also, Microsoft Works doesnot seem to work with Firefox. I finally uninstalled Firefox and am operating with IE 8. Thanks for any input.
tw34kfr34k
Firefox should work great on ur vista,better then IE in fact :p
You probably have to install the plugins manually.you can download it from their website
Dont have a clue why your Microsoft Works doesnt work tho.
bloodrider
To install the Adobe Reader plugin you've to install it manually. After trying the automatic installation, follow the link that firefox suggests after the unsuccessful automatic installation. Go to adobe site, download the plugin, close the the firefox, install the plugin and it's done.

What doesn't exactly works between Microsoft Works and Firefox? Aren't you probably trying some functionality from Microsoft Works that's designed to interact with Internet Explorer? If that's the case, it will only works with Internet Explorer, that's how Microsoft works Very Happy (I couldn't resist to the "joke-exchange-teasing" [I don't know the English term Razz] lol)
Fire Boar
bloodrider wrote:
(I couldn't resist to the "joke-exchange-teasing" [I don't know the English term Razz] lol)

The word is "pun". Smile Good one. Very punny.
bloodrider
Thanks, now I know the word Very Happy
coreymanshack
Little off-topic but firefox has crashed my X on linux in kde a few times now. I couldn't use the key board at all and had to restart my compute.r
Fire Boar
coreymanshack wrote:
Little off-topic but firefox has crashed my X on linux in kde a few times now. I couldn't use the key board at all and had to restart my compute.r

That's because the database system has this daft system of insisting that all file writes are flushed before it writes changes, to ensure that there isn't any data loss. Unfortunately, without I/O buffers your system would ALWAYS be slow, and that sort of thing would happen all the time. So really there ought to be some other system for this. For now... well, this problem can happen and the developers are looking into all sorts of options to fix this for Firefox 3.1.

... but a little off-topic, as you say.
coreymanshack
Fire Boar wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:

That's because the database system has this daft system of insisting that all file writes are flushed before it writes changes, to ensure that there isn't any data loss. Unfortunately, without I/O buffers your system would ALWAYS be slow, and that sort of thing would happen all the time. So really there ought to be some other system for this. For now... well, this problem can happen and the developers are looking into all sorts of options to fix this for Firefox 3.1.

... but a little off-topic, as you say.

Why would an I/O buffer cause firefox to crash X.