FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What new short or mini-anime you are currently watching now

blk3
I am currently watching new series (or should I say about to be finished new series) RideBack and Casshern sins. I usually watch new anime that is about to be finished. I liked watching short series about 12 or 26 episodes.
QrafTee
blk3 wrote:
I am currently watching new series (or should I say about to be finished new series) RideBack and Casshern sins. I usually watch new anime that is about to be finished. I liked watching short series about 12 or 26 episodes.

I finished watching Gundam 00 Season 2, which was 25 episodes and Tsubasa Chronicles--I'm sad it ended abruptly. I'm still watching Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger and I'll consider watching Naruto Shippudden and Bleach when the filler episodes are over.

I'm still asking my friends for their recommendations.
ddukki
QrafTee wrote:
blk3 wrote:

I finished watching Gundam 00 Season 2, which was 25 episodes and Tsubasa Chronicles--I'm sad it ended abruptly. I'm still watching Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger and I'll consider watching Naruto Shippudden and Bleach when the filler episodes are over.

I'm still asking my friends for their recommendations.
The Tsubasa anime was very disappointing. So much empty space used for panning and emotional close-ups.

I just finished Macross Zero [five episodes]. It's pretty good, but I'm sure I'll have to watch the rest of the series to understand it. Macross Super Dimensional Fortress is about 36 episodes, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Welcome to the NHK! is only 24 episodes and so far, at ep. 12, it's really good. It's definitely not as crazy as the manga, but I think the anime is better overall.
driftingfe3s
blk3 wrote:

I enjoyed watching RideBack, but I felt like it was too short. I don't mind 12 or 13 episode length anime but it left me with more questions than when the anime first started.

I got quite a few shows downloaded but have yet to watch from the new Spring 2009 shows. What I've started watching so far is Shangri-La, K-On!, Higashi no Eden, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Basquash!.

K-On! and Higashi no Eden are probably the most fun to watch right now, and maybe Basquash!, cuase who doesn't like people playing basketball.... IN MECHA!!
amperx
Macross Frontier
Haruhi
K-on
kacsababa
12-26 episode is a standard TV season (or a full length OVA) for an anime. Most anime isn't 100-200-300+ episodes. So I don't think these are short.

A short or a mini is a short runtime per episode (like Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan is 5 minutes) or just 2-3 episodes in all (like Memories 30 minutes per 3 episode).

Anyway, which is "new", 12-26 ep long, still runing and I'm watching it: Chrome Shelled Regios, Kurokami, Eden of The East and K-ON!. Planning to start 07-Ghost, Shangri-La and Tears to Tiara.
blk3
I'be finished watching the 12 episodes of Ride Back. I cam say the animation is great but the story is not that good. Planning on watching Basquash and shangri-La next.
ddukki
Haibane Renmei's a pretty good anime at 13 episodes. It's a little slow, but the story's pretty original.
blk3
ddukki wrote:
Haibane Renmei's a pretty good anime at 13 episodes. It's a little slow, but the story's pretty original.

I just might give this a try. Its only 13 episodes I just might finish this in one sitting.
Magion
anyone heard of Mushi-shi?
not like mmany anime shows. Its very unique, thats how I was attracted to it in the first place.