FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Reset points or limit negative points

LukeakaDanish
Hi everybody.

A friend of mine created a frihost account ages ago. He got the hosting, and then went inactive for about a year. Then he came back to see about -250 points on his account.

Consider following frihost rule:
Quote:
1.j: Members are only allowed to have one account. Registering multiple accounts is not allowed.

It seems he can't really, within the rules, get his hosting back without making ~100 new posts. During the year that gave him the negative points he used almost no space and no bandwidth on the server.

What I think should be an option is on of the following:

1: "Reset points"

A button in the "account" page could be "reset points" which basically asks an admin to reset points to 0. It could even be automated and say something like "your points will be reset to 0 in 14 days. You will receive an email once they have been reset". That way there is nothing there to be abused.

2: "Limit negative points"

Another option would be, that once a member has his hosting account deleted because his points are too low, they are immediately reset, or set to something like -20 or -10. For this really to be effective, the moderators would also have to delete accounts more consistently once points reach something like -50 or -100.

What do you think?
mathiaus
Maybe accounts just need to be deleted more often?

From memory, at present, hosting is supposed to be removed from users at -10 points, but depending on how long they have been a member for and the quality of their posts, they are often allowed to go further than -10.

It is important to understand that not everyone here can do the same thing. Mods do not deal with accounts at all and even account creators only create them (hence the title! Razz ). Only admins (though possibly only Bondings) delete the accounts.
Bondings
About the first option, users may ask to reset their points in the request an account change forum. I should indeed make this more clear and maybe like you said put it on the account page (and/or somewhere else) as a link.

The second option is already done. The points are reset to 0 when a hosting account is deleted. I usually only remove accounts when I find some free time or when it's needed for space or resources.
ankitdatashn
I have one suggestion for the points scoring, why not to have point quota increase on every 100 frih earned, Like lets say for a beginner that be 45 points, now when a user has 100 frih it be increased to 46 points, on 1000 frih to 55 points and so on, In that way old users who have a highly established patronage for frihost can have a longer holiday.

May be instead of frih the rule can be applied to points earned(total) so that the system may not be abused!

cheers!
deanhills
ankitdatashn wrote:
I have one suggestion for the points scoring, why not to have point quota increase on every 100 frih earned, Like lets say for a beginner that be 45 points, now when a user has 100 frih it be increased to 46 points, on 1000 frih to 55 points and so on, In that way old users who have a highly established patronage for frihost can have a longer holiday.

May be instead of frih the rule can be applied to points earned(total) so that the system may not be abused!

cheers!
Good idea. But I don't really see the problem and it is not really that complicated. If someone has been away for a very long time from Frihost, all they have to do is just ask to have their account reinstated. If they had been away for a year, obviously something would need to be done to have the Website up and running again. Bondings and the moderators have a good feel for the posters, especially the ones who post frequently, so if someone who has been posting frequently, has been away for a very long time, they would obviously be treated as a frequent poster, without having to have a system specially set up to assess the frequency.

By the way, if someone has not posted for a year, their account still stays open, even when their Website is no longer available.