FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cPanel Email Redirection

Arty
Is there any way to have an email address on your account redirect the mail it receives to another email
mOrpheuS
Use the "forwarders" link in cPanel ?

cPanel wrote:
Forwarders allow you to send a copy of all mail from one email address to another. For example, if you have two different email accounts joe@domain.com and joseph@domain.com, you could forward joe@domain.com to joseph@domain.com so you do not need to check both accounts. Note that the mail for a forwarded email address will still be delivered to that address as well.
Arty
Ah! I didn't notice that. Thanks Smile
Arty
Sorry, I can't edit the post, I keep getting an error.

Will this work if say, I have an account on my domain Mail@Domain.com but I want it to forward to my gmail account?

I tried doing that, but It doesn't seem to work. It only works if I forward it to an email that cPanel is already managing.

Anyone have any ideas?
Daniel15
Arty wrote:
Will this work if say, I have an account on my domain Mail@Domain.com but I want it to forward to my gmail account?

I tried doing that, but It doesn't seem to work. It only works if I forward it to an email that cPanel is already managing.

It should work just fine for that. What problems are you encountering? Not getting the emails at all?
have you tried checking the spam folder on the email account you're forwarding to?
Arty
Quote:
It should work just fine for that. What problems are you encountering? Not getting the emails at all?
have you tried checking the spam folder on the email account you're forwarding to?

I'm just not getting the emails at all.
Does the email account have to exist? Or does it have to be a nonexistant email account?

Here's what I did, I redirected admin@domain.com to my me@domain.com. The second email address exists, I created it myself in cPanel, but the first one doesn't. It works that way.

But if I do it from me@domain.com to me@gmail.com, it doesn't work.