FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which iPod Touch should I get?

polly-gone
I am considering getting an iPod Touch, but I just cannot decide which one to get, the 8 GB or the 16 GB?

Looking for opinions from people with iPod Touches.

Thanks,

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
jessicawalker
Bigger's always better when it comes to space for media and whatnot. If money's not an issue, I'd definitely get the 16.
Diablosblizz
How bigs your current library (estimated)? Can you afford the 16, or will you ever need it?

I have a 80 GB iPod Classic 6th Gen, I don't need 80 GB but I use it for movies sometimes so it may come in handy after a while of using it.
polly-gone
I have less than 1000 songs. I am not really worried about space for songs though, because I may only end up listening to 50 or so at one time and I can just switch them out.

What I am worried about is if both are good for holding lots of apps and maybe 1 or two movies.

Thanks,

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
redslazers
polly-gone wrote:
I have less than 1000 songs. I am not really worried about space for songs though, because I may only end up listening to 50 or so at one time and I can just switch them out.

What I am worried about is if both are good for holding lots of apps and maybe 1 or two movies.

Thanks,

-Nick Smile Smile Smile

defiantly go for the 16 Gb at least then you won t regret it when you run out of space and have to delete stuff
mwsupra
Neither. Get an Iphone. Even if you don't have AT&T that can be worked around Smile
Magicman
I'd say go for the 16 gig if you can afford it but I have an 8 gig iPod Touch with about 500 songs, about 5 videos, and about 30 apps and I still have more than half of the capacity left. I don't have any full movies on it though which would probably eat up a lot of space. Either one can hold a lot of content so it really becomes a price issue I suppose.
Asap170
I say don't get any Ipod touch just wait until the Fall and the Zune should have one. Microsoft makes Zune. I have a 8gb Zune and I LOVE it!
standready
Neither. There are other options that are less money out there.
polly-gone
Well, I don't want a Zune.

There are options that cost much less and I currently have one. I want an iTouch. That is why I am asking.

I just want an iPod Touch for all non-phone functions. I don't want an iPhone.

And as I have said, price is an issue. I'm getting an 8 gig.

-Nick Mad Mad Mad
Fatality
I would advise against getting an Ipod at all, but that is just my personal preference. I have never liked the proprietary design of the Ipod. I think for the most part they are more expensive and you are limited in the stuff you can do with it. If you are completely sold on getting an Ipod though, depending on your current library size and expected growth of that library get the one that seems the best fit. If you are open to other MP3 players, then the bigger the better. If it isn't full of music you can always use it to store other data.
TentativeChaos
Only you can answer that question, but here are the guidelines:

-How many GB of music/movies do you have/predict you will have
-How many GB of applications do you expect to download
-How many GB of other miscellaneous stuff will you have

If the number you come up with after thinking about this is close to or greater than 8GB, then get the 16GB, but if the number is significantly lower than 8GB, then get the 8GB.
pll
Get the 16 gb if you have the money.
Even if you dont have a lot of music to put on it... Think about all the applications you could use.
-
Space usage of my 8 gb touch (everything is filled up) :
Audio : 1,78 Gb (almost 400 tracks)
Video : 3 MB (only an Ad - If I had space I would put more videos)
Pictures : 40 Mb (would put more if I had space too)
Others : 148 Mb
Everything Else : Apps
-

And there is still a lot of apps to come with the new version coming soon.
I should have bought a 16 or (even) 32 Gigabit at the begining.
I cant say I use every app that I own but its always funny to have all those!

Hope I helped you to choose! Wink
Jamatu
The 8GB will do you fine if you only want to listen to music. I went with the 16gb one as I like to listen to higher quality music. I should have really gone for the 32gb version so I can put all my songs on there uncompressed!
andersonic
Get the 16gb or 32gb.

I got the 8gb, and about a week later regreted it as it was full already and now I have to manually check stuff to add it on and can't add many more applications. You can have videos and games on it too, so a bigger one will be better.

It was a shame because it wasn't that much more for the 16gb, so make sure you get the right one, even if you can't even fill the 8gb one; you soon will.