FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wifi hot spot finder

Tony The Tiger
Is there software that one can install that can tell you which way to move your laptop to get closer to a wifi hot spot or any other available wifi signal? I use to have something like this five years ago or so, but I do not know what the software was because a friend installed it for me.
weableandbob
There's a program called Easy Wifi Radar (http://www.makayama.com/easywifiradar.html) that may be what you're looking for.
Tony The Tiger
weableandbob wrote:
There's a program called Easy Wifi Radar (http://www.makayama.com/easywifiradar.html) that may be what you're looking for.

You are the first to recommend that one. On another website I have three recommendations for www.netstumbler.org. Do you know how yours compares to that one?
jackill
Netstumbler is better for analising... To discovering networks, software form producer of your wifi card should be enough.
ProfessorY91
Quick question. Is there any version of "Wifi Radar" that you know of for Vista? That would be an awesome tool to have, considering I reside on campus at a University where wifi signals and routers are hidden in the ceilings ... some places have better signal than others.

Thanks.
[FuN]goku
Heh, Didn't know there was software like that. Very nice, I'll have to give this a go on my laptop Very Happy
Tony The Tiger
jackill wrote:
Netstumbler is better for analising... To discovering networks, software form producer of your wifi card should be enough.

I don't use a wifi card. I have an internal wifi modem with my Hewlett-Packard Pavillion DV9000T model with vista home premium edition. I have had this computer since February 2007 and I bleive the internal wifi modem has been fairly common since long before this model. So what am I suppose to do if I have an internal modem.
Tony The Tiger
ProfessorY91 wrote:
Quick question. Is there any version of "Wifi Radar" that you know of for Vista? That would be an awesome tool to have, considering I reside on campus at a University where wifi signals and routers are hidden in the ceilings ... some places have better signal than others.

Thanks.

I guess wifi Radar (if that is what it is referred to) is the technology I meant to ask for assistance in finding or for information about.