FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you do in the holidays?

hamza1122
Hey ppls. Just wondering what you guys get up to in the holidays. HOlidays are coming up in 2 days where i'm from.
Parkour_Jarrod
Depends what i feel like doing, last holiday's i decided to make my site and became an active member on these awesome forums. The holidays coming up ima probably update site and start my workour regime
pumpin
wow, my holiday starts tomorrow and i planned finishing some of my abandoned project and also catch with some CCNA books Wink Also take some good rest Exclamation
erlendhg
In the Easter my parents give us (the kids) one really big "egg" each filled with candy.
So that is what we do in the Easter holidays. Eat candy!
redslazers
pumpin wrote:
wow, my holiday starts tomorrow and i planned finishing some of my abandoned project and also catch with some CCNA books Wink Also take some good rest Exclamation

i absolutely agree with finishing abandoned projects, i have far to many of them

website
painting my room
learn html, css and some other random letters and numbers
Solon_Poledourus
I don't celebrate religious holidays, or even non-religious ones such as birthdays and Thanksgiving. It's just never been that important to me. However, if by "holiday", you mean the European definition(time off work for vacation), then I usually try to go camping/fishing/hunting, or just travel.
Helios
I really don't celebrate any religious holidays, being an atheist. Though I do sometimes go to family dinners etc (when they manage to gather lots of people, otherwise it's boring).
Usually I just sleep a lot or go out to breathe some forest air on holidays.
tony
I typically enjoy the holiday and always catch up on sleep Razz Razz

Just me though; what do others do here?
standready
Not much. My family chooses to be elsewhere. So I just relax.
SpellcasterDX
Depends. If it's a long holiday, we might go on vacation or on a trip of some sort. If it's like a 3 day weekend or something, we usually just chill at home. Or I hang out with friends.
Arty
For some reason I'm usually depressed during the holidays.
It's not for the usual reasons, it's mainly because I have such high expectations on what I want to do.
Usually before the holidays my energy level motivates me to do some things, but during the holidays my energy level usually gets spent on other things, and I wouldn't have a chance to get the things I wanted done.

In other words, I always waste my time. X_X
biljap
I have long holiday starting from next week! Very Happy
Two weeks to relax, sleep, make some (big) changes in my house that I usually don't have time for. And spend as much time as I can with people I love!
I can't wait the holiday to start! I have so many plans and I’m so excited. Razz

I would like to spend my holidays traveling like most of my friends do but… Hopefully, it will happen soon. Wink
spring567
just sleep
crimson_aria
When I was in high school, my family, including some relatives, used to go some place distant to just enjoy and have fun. long holiday was rare so we grabbed every opportunity. that was long ago though. now we just stay at home. we plan sometimes but since college, they never materialized for everyone's busy and stuff. kinda sad, but can't do anything about it. i love staying at home anyway. got tons of things to catch up on and holidays are a great time to do that.
Keran
Sleep, rest, sleep... Nothing interesting honestly, I might go to my family for one day, but that's about it...
speeDemon
Keran wrote:
Sleep, rest, sleep...

haha !! thats my case too... just have to go to bed in the night, then wake up between 10 am - 12 pm(afternoon), then just watch some TV or do something on the computer... then just do it more and more Very Happy and finally sleep in the night between 12am - 2 am !! and call it a day!!

This time though, it will be a little different.. I mean, I have to go to tution classes to study (as I'm in 10th {board class... big thing for indians!!} and so I'll have to study a bit harder...) at evening.. probably it will be a morning class in the vaccations... I also have plans of going to Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) in the vaccation.. for 10 days...

thats about it.. Smile
watersoul
Ooh, I just had the best late lay-in bed, been looking forward to it all week!
No plans really, just relax, have a few crazy nights out with friends and forget about working.
I'm not "easter religious" at all, but any time off work is the best in my opinion Smile
redslazers
i actually feel sad for you people, how can you waste your holiday sleeping go out and have fun

or post of frihost
Keran
In my case a holiday is a break from constant studying and partying, I don't have to go to school or to some exhausting parties or, for that matter, do anything for anyone. So I rather just sleep Smile
watersoul
redslazers wrote:
i actually feel sad for you people, how can you waste your holiday sleeping go out and have fun

Ooh don't waste your sadness on me!
Had a full house party last night which kindv finished about 6am this morning (explains my lay-in bed)

And these are my holiday plans...

http://bohemianightclub.com tonight

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event-detail.aspx?id=87916 tomorrow

http://livebrum.co.uk/2009/04/12/sven-vath-dubfire-rebekah sunday

Monday will be music and a meal at a bar by the beach with friends, chatting about how we don't wanna go back to work on Tuesday!
Dotchielover
This weekend it's Easter, we have no young children, so there won't be any chocolate eggs. (Chocolate is poison for dogs by the way) We'll just enjoy the fact that we have 3 days off instead of 2.
a.Bird
Since the religious foundation of pretty much every holiday (in the U.S.) has completely escaped me, I use them as an excuse to make an extra effort to get in touch with family and to be creative. For Easter, my family will meet together and we'll cook a large ham dinner with all the fixin's and probably wind up drinking wine and talking or watching movies.

On the creative end of things, I'm an artist so I'll also take the opportunity to see how the holiday mood affects my creative ouput. I'm thinking of making paper mache eggs and experimenting with that theme. Again, I have no religious influences during holidays like these so I instead make them a day of the year that I do things a little differently than normal.
redslazers
watersoul wrote:
redslazers wrote:

Ooh don't waste your sadness on me!
Had a full house party last night which kindv finished about 6am this morning (explains my lay-in bed)

And these are my holiday plans...

http://bohemianightclub.com tonight

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event-detail.aspx?id=87916 tomorrow

http://livebrum.co.uk/2009/04/12/sven-vath-dubfire-rebekah sunday

Monday will be music and a meal at a bar by the beach with friends, chatting about how we don't wanna go back to work on Tuesday!

see that what i mean, get some life into you holiday, isnt that what they are for
apple
no matter which holiday it is, I always stay at home. My friends think its odd..but my husband and I love being at home.
the-guide
In the holidays, I always do everything that help me relax,
normally stay at home and have some funny activity with my family.
Nice and easy that's what I like to do. Smile
Ghost900
On the Holidays I don't do much besides have a nice dinner on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

As far as extra time, I don't change my schedule much, although I play PC games a little more around Holidays. Very Happy
andersonic
Nothing really. Just drink more than I normally would and stay in bed for much longer than normal, I would normally have to try and get my sleeping pattern back to normal.
mwsupra
I try to relax as much as possible and eat at family meals as much as I can (twice preferably Smile)

I like the holidays that close all the stores, because then my wife can't bug me to go shopping...
sana618
i just had a week long holiday with my cousins at my aunt's farm, we all enjoyed it a lot and planning to go to Muscat for a friend's wedding in about 2 weeks time. i enjoy the holidays a lot going to different places or doing different kinds of activities every time.
hamza1122
My holidays have started 2 days ago and i've got nothing to do except work. im doing an a2 drawing for my visual arts class which is alright since i like drawing. Im going to probably try to get some time to play some basketball, haven't played that for ages. and im probably gonna draw and do some other random stuff over the holidays as usual. =]

My holidays aren't very fun, the only thing i enjoy about the holidays is sleeping in. Like everyone else. I;'ll just keep posting on frihost to keep my self occupied.
TurtleShell
I didn't technically have much of a vacation and got in a bit of trouble for taking a trip in the first week of the spring quarter. I went to the Yucatan. I was there for 8 days. I started in Merida, went to Puerto Morelos, then on to Xcalak, and then Ek Balam, before returning to Merida. It was a great holiday...
loyal
hamza1122 wrote:
Hey ppls. Just wondering what you guys get up to in the holidays. HOlidays are coming up in 2 days where i'm from.

Peace. Hey,

I spend alot of holidays just revising for exams. I've always got exams...it's so annoying. But i've only got one more set of exams, so these easter holidays will be the last i'll need to study in. yay
Sphaerenkern
Depends on the length of the holidays. For shorter holidays - like two weeks - I usually visit friends, work a bit and maybe take some more time for writing songs. I hate it when I have free time but don't use it Confused
For longer holidays, I usually plan some vacation with friends, for example travelling to Greece. When I have so much time, I want to use it Smile
Only planning to work on projects rarely works for me, I get bored after some time and won't work on them.
snowynight
I will go to different places to have a look.
Also i like to take photos because i think it a good idea to have a picture taken by yourself on as your desktop.
Sometimes i just watch tv or surf the internet at home.
melind
During the holidays I spend time with my family. Smile However, I usually eat and lounge around a lot more during the holidays.
stel4e
wow I can't believe I am going to say this, but these last holidays I was doing some old unfinished projects and downloaded some tech books for future reading.... I usually don't spend holidays like this ... I go out with friends... enjoy the nature .. stuff like that...
PatTheGreat42
Since my normal job has me flying at a million miles an hour (figuratively) all the time, on vacation I just like to do pretty much nothing. Going on a big vacation and seeing a lot of stuff and managing transportation and logistics seems like a lot of work for a vacation. I just chill mostly.
hamza1122
My holidays just finished and i entered my first day of school, completed my drawing and had to study for ahistory test due tomz! (second day back) 40 percent man! So i didn't do much in the holidays.
saratdear
Finished my 10th board exams on March 31st...been on a long holiday since then. School reopens only on June 21 or something. Razz I mainly kill time, but I am also going to learn swimming, and now I go to the gym as well.
rockacola
Technically, I haven't had nor I am going to have any holidays in a while... Confused
But if I do, my type of holiday would simply means lay back, stay in comfy (normally it means home) and do something I like, such as web design Laughing
nigam
i spent it go swimming, go shopping and even sometimes in bed...sleeping...
Greatking
work on projects, get lots of sleep, get out and have fun. give my strength and time to church work and activities. i make sure i enjoy and rest at the same time. its great. i just had 7days off a few weeks agoe and it was great.
FrightKnight
Usually I just play video games on holidays, or have a movie marathon. I really don't like going out of the house. LOL.. I'm a boring guy.
desonium
Most of the time I am at my work. I work every holiday from 7:00 till 17:00 or sometimes even till 18:00
When I am not at my work I most of the time hang on the couch with my laptop Cool
But not when I am on vacation of course Razz Then I lie in the sun the whole afternoon Cool
skygaia
Oh.. summer vacation is comming. Laughing
well, I want to travel oversea with my family during this vacation.
I'm trying to play with my son every weekend. But it's little bit difficult to go some where by car. Because it's horrible traffic jam on weekend(every weekend, no exception). two weeks ago, I and my family went to a restaurant for lunch on sunday. usually it takes only 15 minutes on week days. But it took 1hour 40 minutes on that day.... we wanted to have late lunch but had early supper. Crying or Very sad
mattyj
i usually like to work in the garden or go home to visit my family (6 hours drive away) or go fishing
Xaferrow
I would play games every time till the holiday end xP
evilgeniuself
It depends on the holiday, but I usually spend a lot of the time cleaning up and preparing different events. Whether it's family arriving, getting the turkey seasoned and in the oven, or anything else, it always takes half the day to get done. It's even like that when no breaks are taken in between. When I'm not preparing stuff, though, I usually am either playing games or enjoying everything that just got done preparing.
sum12nv
in the holidays all i do is play games lol. i know, sad
Zombie
What I do in the holidays depends on what holidays I do it in.
nigam
just watching dvd for the whole day....thats my new plan for this coming holiday....
spring567
hamza1122 wrote:

I must work in the holidays .
Fanghai
summers i like to go to places cool (termperature-wise). Winters I like to go skiing. Falls and Springs I'd go fishing and sleeping. Yeah..the life is great
ankitdatashn
although its ages since I heard the word "holidays" but if I get any it would be "rest" from ground zero....
yuichan
If i have a long vacation & money, i will take a trip to the sea and fly to Japan.. Razz
hamza1122
spring567 wrote:
hamza1122 wrote:

I must work in the holidays .

aww that's gay. working in the hols. lol. i feel for you. but hey you get paid for it so yeah...
natilovesmike
Well it depends on the kind of holiday. If it's a long-weekend type of holiday I like to go somewhere I can drive to but that it's fun. Last week-end, 4th of july weekend in the US, we went to a very nice ranch in the hill country of texas and we had a great time singing cowboy songs, hor-back riding, going to the swimming pool and haing s'mores every night next to the fire. I definitely like to enjoy a long weekend.

If it's a longer holiday 1-2 weeks then I like to go back to my home country and visit my family and friends. But that is expensive so I can only do it about once a year. For m next coming holiday we are going to colorado...never been there but everyone says it's so nice and my husband really wanted to go. I definitely like traveling if I can afford it.

But even if you can't afford to travel I am sure there are plenty of things you can do where you are. Try a new sport, visit museums and parks. Go for pick-nicks.

Hope you find something fun to do!
paskifire
partying with my drinking buddies and getting wasted.
loyal
paskifire wrote:
partying with my drinking buddies and getting wasted.

lol. How healthy Wink
Melacos
Hey there... Well, usually I don't do that much actually. I'm finding it difficult to enjoy my holidays, as on the one hand I really love doing nothing, but getting to actually enjoy that, I would have to have already made myself deserve it. So, completing various tasks, should in theory lead to me having a deserved break. But what really happens, is that when I eventually start getting busy, I can't really stop again, and I never arrive at the free-time..
Anyways, this summer I'm basically working, reading and trying to make sense of everything going on. Spent the first weeks of vacation being heart-broken, and couldn't focus on anything. Now it's better though, and work is working pretty well for me:)
Denvis
I do what typical teenagers do, go out. Cool
saratdear
My holidays were over nearly a month ago...and I guess I did a variety of things. Spent a lot of time in the PC, learned swimming, went to the gym (but quit after like 10 days, but do plan to start again) and yeah, fell sick.
goutha
Well, I try to sleep more. Go swim and relax in front of the sea.

I also like to read a book, and eat dishes that I don't have the opportunity to eat during the year.
binsmyth
Sleep, Eat, Go out, Hang Around with my friends, Facebook, Play games, PS2 , walk around my place. I do the things that is either free or cheap because I don't have money