FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Just Got New Laptop Cost AU$1200





Parkour_Jarrod
Just got new laptop for my birthday (6th april)

It's an Acer Aspire 6930G

It cost AU$1200 but with Kevin Rudd's educational cash back and Acer's cash back it will only actually cost AU$300

Specs:

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2.26GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 3MB L2 cache

Display:
16" Acer CineCrystal LCD 1080p

Graphics:
Nvidia GeForce 9600M GS 512MB dedicated

RAM:
4GB DDR2

Drives:
250GB HDD
DVD Super Multi DL

Connection:
802.11a/b/g/Draft N WLAN
Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
Ethernet Port
Built-in Dial-Up Modem

Sound:
Built-in Tuba Cinebass subwoofer
Built-in Dolby Home Theater Speakers



Jean-Clod
That's definitely a good piece of Hardware! Do you plan to play some games on it? With that specs, you'd better do!

Oh, and Happy birthday Laughing
Daniel15
Looks good - Nice specs Smile
Although 16 inch screen is rather big, haha. Is it a heavy laptop? I'll eventually have to get one to replace my three year old one (Dell Inspiron 6400).

Quote:
Kevin Rudd's educational cash back

Is this the $900/950 stimulus payment? Or a different cashback? I still have my $950 (I get Youth Allowance from Centrelink), I might put it towards a new laptop Razz

Also, happy birthday Very Happy
Parkour_Jarrod
Daniel15 wrote:
Looks good - Nice specs Smile
Although 16 inch screen is rather big, haha. Is it a heavy laptop? I'll eventually have to get one to replace my three year old one (Dell Inspiron 6400).

Quote:
Kevin Rudd's educational cash back

Is this the $900/950 stimulus payment? Or a different cashback? I still have my $950 (I get Youth Allowance from Centrelink), I might put it towards a new laptop Razz

Also, happy birthday Very Happy


No its a different cashback, you can claim tax on school/education supplies up to $750 (including laptops/computers) we used the $950 on buying it too so technically costs nothing Razz
nivinjoy
Actually i don't like Acer laptops..!! but going through the specifications you have given..i think i should start liking Acer laptops...!!

Tell me about the performance and the speed of the laptop...!! Did you face any problems till date...????
Parkour_Jarrod
nivinjoy wrote:
Actually i don't like Acer laptops..!! but going through the specifications you have given..i think i should start liking Acer laptops...!!

Tell me about the performance and the speed of the laptop...!! Did you face any problems till date...????


No problems, Doom 3, Battlefield 2142, CSS, F.E.A.R. all run at top FPS (150-190) which i think is rather good for a laptop Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Oh and It runs Itunes Steam CSS and Doom 3 at same time, no lag WINNER
ForceRun
Well none of those games are very demanding of the system, but it looks like a good system. I was thinking about a laptop, how is the battery life?
Parkour_Jarrod
ForceRun wrote:
Well none of those games are very demanding of the system, but it looks like a good system. I was thinking about a laptop, how is the battery life?


Not the best, about 3 hours PS 1.5 hours HP

Games don't bother me, im a CAD person so it all works perfectly Smile
Hogwarts
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
No its a different cashback, you can claim tax on school/education supplies up to $750 (including laptops/computers) we used the $950 on buying it too so technically costs nothing Razz


So... you didn't earn it? Why, what a wonderfully equal-rights country Australia is! Paying people to not aspire to anything, especially considering that it's a capitalist society. And there I was wondering why the AUD crashed Sad
Parkour_Jarrod
Hogwarts wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
No its a different cashback, you can claim tax on school/education supplies up to $750 (including laptops/computers) we used the $950 on buying it too so technically costs nothing Razz


So... you didn't earn it? Why, what a wonderfully equal-rights country Australia is! Paying people to not aspire to anything, especially considering that it's a capitalist society. And there I was wondering why the AUD crashed Sad


Actually the AUD went down before hand, after the cashout, the AUD went up, the idea was to make us spend to expand the economy.
love_her_freida_pinto
Hogwarts wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
No its a different cashback, you can claim tax on school/education supplies up to $750 (including laptops/computers) we used the $950 on buying it too so technically costs nothing Razz


So... you didn't earn it? Why, what a wonderfully equal-rights country Australia is! Paying people to not aspire to anything, especially considering that it's a capitalist society. And there I was wondering why the AUD crashed Sad


well the AUD might have crashed but its clawing back and our banks are still standing solid and firm despite what might have happened in other "developed" countries and the stimulus packages were given out by K. Rudd in order to increase consumer confidence and get the wheels turning in the economy and it worked, consumer spending was up 20% in April. =]
Related topics
New Laptop!
New laptop ubuntu 6.10 problems
New laptop! Set up a dual boot for japes, here's how it went
new laptop
Problem connecting my new laptop to my home network & DS
New laptop
New Laptop
what do you think about my new laptop?
New Laptop
New Laptop
my new laptop
Recommendations for a new laptop?
i want to purchase new laptop.
Just Got New PC, Cost 3,000
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Hardware and Electronics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.