FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best way to get your keywords on Google!

gverutes
Hi,

I apologize if this is a repeat posting. It's difficult to see if someone already posted info on this because there is so much info.

Anyways, I am launching a website and have a list of keywords at the bottom of the site that are hidden. Is there anyway to expedite the process of Google finding them for their search engine?

Thanks, G
fladry
What do you mean by "Hidden" keywords? do you mean that the keywords donot show up when anyone open your page in their browser?
imagefree
if you are using something like

Code:
style="display:none;"

Google will find it but human eye cant see it.

To make such keywords available to google at more important places, you should add these keywords to meta tag and at the begining of body tag by adding display:none; style. It will give your page better rank because of such better placement.

Also use keywords in title and urls.
gverutes
Thanks a lot!
the-guide
I've heard that Google will looks all "hidden texts" on any sites as SPAM trick, that's right?
brios
the-guide is right. Google says in their policies if you try to hide words in your site to get them indexed they frown upon it and might not index you. I don't know if they really can detect that but why take the chance?
GB
Exactly. If you are hiding keywords, stop now or find yourself in the sandbox. It is a dumb idea anyway. Even if it did work, you would start getting a lot of non-relevant traffic and your bounce rate would go through the roof. Is that really what you want?

Just build a good site with good content. Tend to it and watch it grow.
Hogwarts
Ironically, I used competely obfusuated text for one of my websites (pastebin.ws) to hide a form (as only spambots would see it and fill it in) and now that's what Bing uses as the description for the site -- "pastebin.ws 2.1 - Home

Please type here if you are not a human, smart primate or dolphin."
distantship
Agreed, don't use hidden text/links of any kind on your website, that's blackhat techique! Check out Google webmaster forum for more information.
wanshi
google work well about finding the hidden keywords^^ Very Happy
k_s_baskar
Black hat techniques like listing keywords in your site which can't view by human eyes is against to google t&c. Google will ban your site.
means your site will not list by google
your website will goes to gray bar instead of showing page rank in google tool bar
So my suggestion is simply removing the hidden keywords
Smile
riccopt
imagefree wrote:
if you are using something like

Code:
style="display:none;"

Google will find it but human eye cant see it.

To make such keywords available to google at more important places, you should add these keywords to meta tag and at the begining of body tag by adding display:none; style. It will give your page better rank because of such better placement.

Also use keywords in title and urls.
actually doing such thing will get your site banned (unless there is some link that will actually display such content)
georgekalathil
don't use hidden keywords in page content. use keywords in the ethical way..