FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Tudors!!-Henry VIII & Anne Boleyn

What do you think the new season will be like?
Awesome, It will be amazing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Looks okay
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

Diana-Anne
I was suprised not to find a topic on the Tudor Dynasty! Surprised
Well on sunday,April 5th, the new season of The Tudors starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Henry VII!
It's avaliable on YouTube to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr2oVfSWUPo

I was amazed!
It started amazing just like it ended.
I think this is going to be a great season.
Even though i'm going to miss Natalie Dormer, she made the best Anne Boleyn I have ever seen.
Johnny is a powerful & bold Henry VIII. He takes my breath away because he is tough and can be heartless like the real Henry was. I sometimes actually believe he is the real Henry VIII.
I just love his acting.

Did anyone else watch it?
What did you think?
deanhills
No. But it is nice to have a thread on the Tudor Dynasty. Who was your favourite character amongst the Kings and Queens? Mine is Queen Elizabeth I. Thought she was quite formidable for her time and all of the religious wars surrounding her. She started with lack of support and empty coffers and when she passed away the country was doing well in comparison. She was quite a dedicated ruler.
ted1986
Who is Henry VII? Henry VIII's father? I just know the later one has 8 wives.
Lady Elensar
Ooooh, I haven't seen this series before, haven't even heard about it! Embarassed Wow.

/me is going to watch The Tudors.
crimson_aria
saw this series in HBO. but have never got around to watching it. i've seen the movie though, is the story the same? cause the movie tore my heart. sad. u__u
Bikerman
ted1986 wrote:
Yes indeed.
Here's the family tree for the Tudors:

{source ; http://mulibraries.missouri.edu/specialcollections/Elizabeth/images/family_tree.jpg }
Kopernikus
*REALLY* great!
I have a book full of those lineages back home, but that´s a nice one
deanhills
Kopernikus wrote:
*REALLY* great!
I have a book full of those lineages back home, but that´s a nice one
Agreed. Simple and easy to read. Looks as though Henry VIII is remembered more for his dealings with the wives in his life than as a King. Possibly the fact that he sorted out the Vatican with the divorce of his first wife is a landmark in the history of that time, but interesting that the occurence was motivated more by his desire to divorce his first wife, than really a popular decision by the country as a whole.
imera
I haven't seen any episodes, I'm not even sure if they do show it here, but I was thinking about buying the DVD, because I love the English historical royalty, I have read a bunch of stuff about Henry VIII, really interesting story
Omega-hotelomega
ted1986 wrote:

Yes, his Father . that would be 6 Wives actually .. The Tudors is completely Innacurate , sometimes merging characters ( such as Henry's sisters ) If you realy want to learn about the life and marriages of Henry VIII I such get you all get yourselves to your nearest library or bookshop and Get a good Biography .. just don't waste your time on this trevesty...
Omega-hotelomega
deanhills wrote:
No. But it is nice to have a thread on the Tudor Dynasty. Who was your favourite character amongst the Kings and Queens? Mine is Queen Elizabeth I. Thought she was quite formidable for her time and all of the religious wars surrounding her. She started with lack of support and empty coffers and when she passed away the country was doing well in comparison. She was quite a dedicated ruler.

Anne of Cleves was a canny one , she kept her head down and survived them all ...
Omega-hotelomega
imera wrote:
I haven't seen any episodes, I'm not even sure if they do show it here, but I was thinking about buying the DVD, because I love the English historical royalty, I have read a bunch of stuff about Henry VIII, really interesting story

Seek out The 6 Wives of Henry VIII , With Keith Michell or even Henry VIII with Ray Winstone . they're both much better ..
deanhills
Omega-hotelomega wrote:
imera wrote:

Seek out The 6 Wives of Henry VIII , With Keith Michell or even Henry VIII with Ray Winstone . they're both much better ..
How do you get 6 wives? I thought he had 5? Who is the sixth wife?
truespeed
From the TV show,nothing to do with the topic really.

deanhills
truespeed wrote:
From the TV show,nothing to do with the topic really.

Thanks. I don't know where I got it from that there are five wives, but there are six as stated above. I found the following info in Wikipedia quite interesting:
Quote:
- Henry sixth wife, Catherine Parr, was probably named after his first wife Catherine of Aragon, as her mother worked in Queen Catherine's service. - All of Henry’s six wives were related to each other in some way, the closest relation being first cousins (Catherine Howard and Anne Boleyn)

- Several of his wives worked in at least one another of his wives' service, Anne Boleyn worked in Catherine of Aragon's service, Jane Seymour worked in Catherine of Aragon's and Anne Boleyn's service, Catherine Howard worked in Anne of Cleves's service.

Omega-hotelomega
deanhills wrote:
Omega-hotelomega wrote:
imera wrote:

How do you get 6 wives? I thought he had 5? Who is the sixth wife?

1st Catherine of Aragon - Divorced
2nd Anne Boleyn - Executed
3rd - Jane Seymour - died
4th - Anne of Cleves - Annnulled
5th Catherine Howard - Executed
6th Catherine Parr - Survived