FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Delete duplicate post feature

mk12327
It has happened to me twice that i submitted a duplicate post due to an error on my browser. I'm very ashamed by it as i did not wish to contribute to spam neither do i want to get the additional frihost points. Thus i'm suggesting having a button to delete duplicate posts and revert points gained through duplicates. Thanks.
AftershockVibe
This already exists. It's called the "delete" button! Wink
It's the little grey 'X' beside your post but will not work on topics which start threads. It already removes the points from the post you made.

The problem comes when there is a server error (so it looks like your submission failed) and then you resubmit. Sometimes your actual post gets through twice but your points are only updated once (the server failed half way). This means that when you delete your duplicate you end up losing points for posting!
Bondings
I'm trying to resolve the cause of all these problems.

In case a double post happens, you can also report the post. I think duplicate post is an option for reports. Otherwise simply explain it in the text field.
mathiaus
We can tell when a user has had a genuine problem when posting and when they causing trouble.
If you are innocent, we will remove the duplicate post and you will hear no more off it. If you are a trouble make you'll be told off! Razz
sapcertified
Volunteers should have permission to Delete Spam, Duplicate Posts.. Volunteer could only be Senior member and having certain points..
Bondings
sapcertified wrote:
Volunteers should have permission to Delete Spam, Duplicate Posts.. Volunteer could only be Senior member and having certain points..

Members with that permission are called staff. All other members may use the report system to reports posts, topics or users to the staff.
mk12327
I never knew that deleting a post removes the points from the account till now. If it does, it pretty much solves my problem. Thanks! =)