FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Correction needed - new Frihoster 16,777,215 postings

deanhills
Possibly this is a mistake that needs to be corrected. A new Frihoster on 31 March received an opening total of 16,777,215 postings. I tried to PM but have been unsuccessful in that. So hope a posting will be more helpful. Shocked
Diablosblizz
That's pretty interesting, doing a search with his name results in 2 posts. I wonder if that a testing account (created by admin), a server glitch, or a MySQL exploiter. Let's see what Bondings says about this one!
deanhills
Diablosblizz wrote:
That's pretty interesting, doing a search with his name results in 2 posts. I wonder if that a testing account (created by admin), a server glitch, or a MySQL exploiter. Let's see what Bondings says about this one!
It could be a MySQL situation. I did a search on the number and came up with this thread:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-37813.html
deanhills
Diablosblizz wrote:
It could be a MySQL situation. I did a search on the number and came up with this thread:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-37813.html
mathiaus wrote:
blob also has 65,535 characters(bytes). If you need more than that ...
mediumtext - 16,777,215
longtext - 4,294,967,295 Shocked

Note: This posting was done on a completely "high-powered" system, a different one from earlier when none of my postings had gone through (three in a row - this is the fourth one). This one failed to go through as well - so I did not earn for this posting, AND it posted double. I earned some "fraction" points with this edit and it took humungous effort to get these edits through. Sad
mathiaus
Funny how you can post something to help answer someone's question, and then have it later quoted in a completely unrelated topic Very Happy
Bondings
I guess this is a positive integer that got below zero, which resulted in the biggest possible amount.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
I guess this is a positive integer that got below zero, which resulted in the biggest possible amount.

Sorry Bondings and Mathiaus, can you please disregard my last posting as possibly it took the attention away from the first one. The first posting is the one that counts, as well as a detailed PM to Bondings that I forwarded on 31 March which possibly Bondings has not had time to open yet. I also wrote to Chris about this and possibly he PM'd Bondings too.

A new Frihost person who registered for the first time on 31 March received a bonus of 16,777,215 postings, making him an immediate Frihost Freak. He has currently more postings than Bondings has in a space of a day to the tune of a total of 16,777,215 postings. In spite of all the above energy, it would seem he still has those postings. He has made 3 postings to date. So there is obviously a mistake in the set-up of his account that needs to be corrected.Smile

PS: Bondings, thanks for fixing the database as posting this morning is really fast and efficient, like night and day.
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Sorry Bondings and Mathiaus, can you please disregard my last posting as possibly it took the attention away from the first one. The first posting is the one that counts, as well as a detailed PM to Bondings that I forwarded on 31 March which possibly Bondings has not had time to open yet. I also wrote to Chris about this and possibly he PM'd Bondings too.

A new Frihost person who registered for the first time on 31 March received a bonus of 16,777,215 postings, making him an immediate Frihost Freak. He has currently more postings than Bondings has in a space of a day to the tune of a total of 16,777,215 postings. In spite of all the above energy, it would seem he still has those postings. He has made 3 postings to date. So there is obviously a mistake in the set-up of his account that needs to be corrected.Smile

PS: Bondings, thanks for fixing the database as posting this morning is really fast and efficient, like night and day.

I'll be fixing the error, but really it's the same situation the people that get 200 billion on their bank account by a mistake of the bank, everyone knows this isn't real/true.

About the database, I don't think it was me. I just became ok again by itself, I didn't change much (apart from disabling a spammed forum causing similar problems each time a post was posted). I had to restart the whole server, so maybe that helped.

I'll be trying to implement a new search system, which should radically change the time it takes to post things.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
I'll be fixing the error, but really it's the same situation the people that get 200 billion on their bank account by a mistake of the bank, everyone knows this isn't real/true.
Right, that is why I PM'd, not a real biggie.

Bondings wrote:
About the database, I don't think it was me. I just became ok again by itself, I didn't change much (apart from disabling a spammed forum causing similar problems each time a post was posted).
Wow, wonder what it could be then, do you think there were some bots crawling the Database as the difference is really night and day and sometimes when it timed out, it came up with strange messages. Today also feels faster than yesterday so am enjoying the posting. Anyway, am grateful for whatever happened Bondings and thanks for making time to respond to this. Smile