FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what do think about co.cc domain?

Cliffer
it's free,but some of co.cc domains price much higher than .com.net....and it's free for one year,if after one year,it's still free? anybody knows?
fladry
I like dot tk more than .co.cc because they provide domain name for unlimited time and their domain also look like top level domain. No two "." in your address. Although they are only redirection.Sad
fladry
I like dot tk more than .co.cc because they provide domain name for unlimited time and their domain also look like top level domain. No two "." in your address. Although they are only redirection.Sad
Diablosblizz
.TK also has ads. You can pick up a domain for a few bucks now! So if you don't like co.cc or .tk or .co.nr then spend a few bucks to buy a real one.
Cliffer
what is tk means?
Diablosblizz
.TK is a TOP level domain (such as .com) yet it is free. Read more here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.tk
leontius
Domains are actually quite cheap. If you have a credit card already, buying new .com/net/org is probably the best move you can take (instead of researching on free domain names, weighing the benefits with the cost, adding thoughts on your already full (I hope) brain).

Another suggestion for free (sub)domain names: http://freedns.afraid.org
forkei
what about the .net.ru or org.ru ?
redslazers
i actually prefer .co.cc to .com or .org because you can get names that you would not be able to get with the most common ones, for example i have www.webblogger.co.cc which would have been impossible to attain as a .com
the-guide
CO.CC policy has been change.

Nowadays, CO.CC has been no longer free, after the free period expired they will ask you to renew. (The free domain is available for only first year. If you want to keep the free domain after a year, you should (MUST) pay for it.)

IF YOU HAVE YOUR SITES WITH CO.CC YOU SHOULD LOG IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND CHECK WHEN YOUR SITE EXPIRE RIGHT NOW.

In fact, CO.CC does not offer top level domain name, they're only SUB-DOMAIN.

I also have three sites with CO.CC and decided to leave all of them after they asked me to renew and move all content to new TLD though I have to start to do all new SEO for them again. If I have to spend for domain name I think I should spend for my own top level domain name not for another sub-domain name.
babygeek
I am not quite sure, but just had a quick look at the site. it seems to me that only the first year of cc domain registration is free. there might be a catch somewhere. and I couldnt help thinking (perhaps a more suspicious mind? ;P) that if the person chooses not to renew it, and if it's a good domain name, the site might just flog it for a higher price, as they are selling some 'good' sounding ones at a much higher price...just my 2 cents...Smile
iamvirus
I think it is a spam domain
juanplav
fladry wrote:
I like dot tk more than .co.cc because they provide domain name for unlimited time and their domain also look like top level domain.

I like dot tk too, but i think there could be one without ads.
distantship
I checked the site out in the past too, but finally didn't registered because there is no clear explanation about the domain fee after the first year! they say that if you are using the domain for non-commercial use, the domain would be free for life, but throughout the registration process there is no step where you could specify whether you are planning to use the domain for commercial intent or not, that's why I finally gave up....too little information about the price after one year and if I've done SEO for the domain and find out how expensive the domain is, i would be stuck!
dude_xyx
Those are sub domains and I think while ago they change their TOS and told everyone has to pay after keeping their sub domain for one year and fee was like 40$ . Its just useless. better buy a real domain.
rajeeb
It was free before but now this is going worse because we have to pay for that weird looking co.cc domain. If i want to pay then I would prefer .com domain.

Why should we pay for that domain? what is special about that domain?

They might be just trying to save their precious bandwidth.
the-guide
Again, your-site.co.cc is just a sub-domain name of co.cc it's not top level domain name so DO NOT waste your time and money on co.cc. like I've done before. If you really unwanted to buy your very own top level domain name (which I highly recommend you to buy) just use Frihost sub-domain instead, this is more and more better than co.cc, believe me.