FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your most famous Relative(s)

chasbeen
I have one or two that were related to me was:
My Great grandfather
Sir Betram Windle. He was a founder of a university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and two others in Birmingham England and Ireland. He was a fellow of the Royal Society and wrote several books relating religion and science to the human body. I had 2 others who I have only vague details. One was a brave liutenant who famously held onto a flag at the end of a losing battle during the Boer war and I also had someone who was a "lord protector" of Ireland (Like a governor, i'm told)

All my famous people were famous between the 1850 and 1930 approximately.

How about you? Very Happy
Xanatos
Well supposedly I am related to the Royal Family of Luxembourg although there is no way to prove it since only very simple records were kept at Ellis Island, and often quite inaccurate.

The story goes that my one of the minor dukes in Luxembourg was exiled for excessive gambling and other lewd behavior and sent to America sometime around 1850-60. This man is supposed to be my great-great- grandfather. My father was stationed in Germany during the cold war and he met a man there who told the same story and had the same last name as my grandmother- whose side the story is from.

True or not I think it makes a cool story.
mrcool
none at all...wish i could have....but who knows i might have a famous relatives here in the Philippines or in Spain...but unfortunately, it was undiscovered...
chasbeen
Any replies from Australia. A lot of convicts were shipped over there so the story goes...
Jamestf347
I am told I am related to a 'candia' indian tribe and my family was pretty royal in that tribe.
gandalfthegrey
Unfortunately my family isn't famous in the least.