FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


ok, i'm confused, what is this?





speeDemon
Something happened to frihost a while (about 5 mins) ago, and it wasn't opening the forums page..!!
I was confused, it was telling me about something wrong in the header file or something, so, instead of going to the forums, I tried some other pages, and it was opening with the /account page...

Then, I opened the pm thing... and it said, PHPBB: Critical Error!!

I was really confused! I opened frihost in some new windows, and tried a lot of stuff... finally, I found this link in my adress bar (on writing www.frihost.com):http://www.frihost.com/forums/cash.php?sid=5feb509fc24c3833ac6fe8501f312c62

and it finally told e to login again... ah... sigh of releif! Well, any way, I signed in, and then it redirected to that link, and it displayed this:

frihost wrote:
There aren't enough Currencies for you to be able to exchange
To enable this feature, your admin needs to create at least 2 currencies


What is this? and what was the link?
ocalhoun
That's a feature of the cash (points and frih$) system that isn't used on this forum, but still exists.
In order to use the exchange feature, the admin has to set up multiple currencies, and define an exchange rate between them. Since there is no exchange rate between the two here, you can't do that, which is why you got the error message.

Why you got a link to that... I have no idea.
coolclay
Weird, yea occasionally I have seen similar things weird things happen on websites, and other forums. Gotta love the internet.
deanhills
I've received a variety of weird messages too. Time-out is a regular occurence, but the messages that come up when it times out are not always the same. I've lost a number of credits for postings and Frih$ as well. It is noticeable when I check up on my postings and the number of postings in my postings log is much more than the actual number of postings credited.
speeDemon
ocalhoun wrote:


Why you got a link to that... I have no idea.


I have no idea!! it was saved in the computer... I donno why...

Any way, thanks for the replies
Agent ME
Heh, seems funny that a cash mod would implement multiple currencies. Is the idea that the currencies would correspond to real-world currencies?
jmlworld
Agent ME wrote:
Is the idea that the currencies would correspond to real-world currencies?


I would say no. I don't know if I'm totally wrong, but I think this feature was intended to only buy gadgets (like domain names, storage, other hosting features, account features, etc...) from the forum (if enabled --as I have seen on other forums running on phpBB).

How could someone get real currencies without doing some work. We all know that we don't work for FriHost, but we visit here to get free and high quality hosting.

deanhills wrote:
Time-out is a regular occurence, but the messages that come up when it times out are not always the same.


I sometimes see "connection timed-out" message, but not so often; may be once or twice a year. By the way the messages don't come up differently, because I'm behind a proxy at my ISP and it eats up all the good information, throwing something boring like "Request timed out".
ocalhoun
jmlworld wrote:

How could someone get real currencies without doing some work. We all know that we don't work for FriHost, but we visit here to get free and high quality hosting.

I've seen two forums that do (or did) that. One was using the phpbb cash mod system for it.
(They gave $0.03 per post, but they had stricter rules about post quality.)
jmlworld
ocalhoun wrote:
jmlworld wrote:

How could someone get real currencies without doing some work. We all know that we don't work for FriHost, but we visit here to get free and high quality hosting.

I've seen two forums that do (or did) that. One was using the phpbb cash mod system for it.
(They gave $0.03 per post, but they had stricter rules about post quality.)


And I have seen another forum converting points to virtual cash, then transferring that cash to other website, so you can buy a domain name.

FriHost does the same, 1 point per day for the hosting. This means something $0.0001 of hosting!
Related topics
Link issue ok lookie here,
The Unofficial Jokes Thread
Ok a little help for a semi-beginner
addon domains / rndc: connect failed
About ads and language
Legacy of kain series Questions? just ask.
My domain
The downfall of american society
UPLOAD STILL NOT WORKING?!
Resident Evil 4 can a 11 or 12 yearold play
confused on phpBB
First version of Space.FRIH.net is live!!
So confused
im confused
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Frihost Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.