FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Communication in English





rafael2112
Hello to All

I participate in another forum who only speak English, I use Google translate for me communicate.
I do not know if people understand what I write, I would like someone help me to see if the writing is comprehensive, there in another forum they will not comment...

I thank those who comment on the topic. Sorry if it was subforum wrong, I not found another appropriate.


thanks
redslazers
its perfectly comprehensible, just some of the grammar is off which is ok if you don't speak English
AftershockVibe
Well I understood what you meant, even if it's well "written".
rafael2112
Thanks for the comment redslazers


Quote:
grammar is off


This expression does not exist in my language "off" in my language is the opposite of power-on (motor, Electrical machinery, etc..)
I use the expression "the grammar is not correct" or "is without grammar" , I am sure?


Quote:
Well I understood what you meant, even if it's well "written".

Hi AftershockVibe You say, should I use "written" instead of using "write" on my first post ?
Translate program does not work good .

Thanks
deanhills
I'm thinking about learning Spanish, so probably when I get to that point, I will be going through all the learning pains in an opposite way to yours. Admire you for making all the effort, and posting like this can only be helpful to you. Smile
AftershockVibe
rafael2112 wrote:

Quote:
Well I understood what you meant, even if it's well "written".

Hi AftershockVibe You say, should I use "written" instead of using "write" on my first post ?
Translate program does not work good.


Actually, your first post was correct... at least in terms of using "write" and not "written". The reason that I used quotation marks in my post was because you didn't actually write it - the translator did Wink

I realise that this may be even more confusing! Laughing
Cool
rafael2112
deanhills wrote:
I'm thinking about learning Spanish, so probably when I get to that point, I will be going through all the learning pains in an opposite way to yours.

My native language is Portuguese, is very similar to Spanish, I understand someone speaking or text in Spanish, there is a difference between the two languages


Quote:
Actually, your first post was correct... at least in terms of using "write" and not "written". The reason that I used quotation marks in my post was because you didn't actually write it - the translator did

No, I translate word for word or small phrases, the text in English must be consistent for me before I write in the forum, if I put all the text the translator and CtrL+V in post, you probably will not understand
Quote:

I realise that this may be even more confusing!


Ok, I understood, in your previous post his commentary had double meaning, is difficult to understand


Thanks for comments
jwellsy
Rafael, your grammar is better than at least a third of the people here.
deanhills
jwellsy wrote:
Rafael, your grammar is better than at least a third of the people here.
Agreed. Wish I could get my Spanish on that level one day. For that to happen I would probably need to start first .... maybe this summer ... Smile
forkei
My english is poor too ,i will study english hard
rafael2112
jwellsy wrote:
Rafael, your grammar is better than at least a third of the people here.

I am happy with your comment, my plan is to be understood...

Quote:
Agreed. Wish I could get my Spanish on that level one day

I got many texts and read many webpages in English, which are very important to me do it constantly, this helps quite to write and read.
More I do not speak English.



Quote:
My english is poor too ,i will study english hard

Must be hard for you, because their language is different.
macky
Well other members are right,if you really want to learn English, you have to get some sources from other sites like books,video tutorial and music tutorial. You can check out the Scribd.com which may help you to give resources from what you want to learn for free....
rafael2112
macky wrote:
Well other members are right

The objective of my post would be if you are understanding what I write. believe that to learn English, needed before have a good vocabulary, posted in forum is a good way to improve.

Thanks by commentary macky
angel2redrose
thanks
keane
rafael2112 wrote:
Hello to All

I participate in another forum who only speak English, I use Google translate for me communicate.
I do not know if people understand what I write, I would like someone help me to see if the writing is comprehensive, there in another forum they will not comment...

I thank those who comment on the topic. Sorry if it was subforum wrong, I not found another appropriate.


thanks


It's perfectly understandable. There are just some grammar issues, but it's totally fine.

English isn't my first language too. We had an English subject at school, so that's how I learned the language. Reading English articles and watching English films will really help. Good luck!
Related topics
A good English song , I like it
visit counting *php*
The Unofficial Jokes Thread
Good English song.
Top 10s of the Forum
English is "Speaked" here
Languages
English language
some funny english web links,they are adding......
Communication Primitives?!?!?
Winning Eleven 9 English has been released!!!
How Communication Occurs
"The internet has an adverse effect on English"
Website study english online completely free and easily.
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Jobs and Learning

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.