FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your Sites has been shut down by Spamhaus! WHAT ABOUT?

the-guide
After they closed for maintenance for 3 day, today the hosting where I host 3 of my sites has been shut down by Spamhaus! with an abnormal reason "Spamhaus is operated by big corporations and these people want small companies like you and us (the hosting) out of the Internet business."

WHAT ABOUT SPAMHAUS? Have anyone here know the story about them?

Quote:

Your website is down
To our users,

This is no longer servers maintenance message. Your website has been shut down by Spamhaus - a gang of international criminals. You are wondering why this happened. Well, Spamhaus is operated by big corporations and these people want small companies like you and us out of the Internet business. They donate money to them for doing so. They say all your hardwork is bullshit and spam.You can read more about this gang here.
Code:
-removed-

What can we do now? Not much you can do but complain everywhere you can and tell this story to the others.

If you have anything to tell us we can always be contacted via this contact form.

We are sorry for any inconvenience. We will keep you updated on this page.

--
Truly yours,

(-removed-).com Team

Very shocked me! How can they do in order to shut down other?

What can I do to go on? Shocked

? ? ? ? ? ? ?
forkei
what is the matter ?
mOrpheuS
the-guide wrote:
After they closed for maintenance for 3 day, today the hosting where I host 3 of my sites has been shut down by Spamhaus! with an abnormal reason "Spamhaus is operated by big corporations and these people want small companies like you and us (the hosting) out of the Internet business."

WHAT ABOUT SPAMHAUS? Have anyone here know the story about them?

Very shocked me! How can they do in order to shut down other?

What can I do to go on? Shocked

? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Spamhaus does not (and can not) do things like shutdown people's sites.

They can, atmost, detect spamming/phishing and such other illegal activities and contact service providers about it.

So either your host was shutdown by their provider (not spamhaus) because of illegal activity originating on their server/domain OR your host is lying to you - plain and simple.
the-guide
mOrpheuS wrote:

Spamhaus does not (and can not) do things like shutdown people's sites.

They can, atmost, detect spamming/phishing and such other illegal activities and contact service providers about it.

So either your host was shutdown by their provider (not spamhaus) because of illegal activity originating on their server/domain OR your host is lying to you - plain and simple.

Thanks for your reply "mOrpheuS", may be it happen as the reason that you informed.
I moved my sites to new hosting but lost two months of the database. Mad
Next, I have to back up my sites and the database more frequently.

Thanks again.
Bondings
I guess an account on the server of your host was indeed spamming and after an alert from spamhaus the server might have been shut down or similar. I know that the way Spamhaus works, can be quite controversial and they indeed might be backed by big companies (hosts/isps). However, there was probably a lot of spam and it's really the host/datacenter that shuts down accounts/servers and not Spamhaus.

Also, it's indeed a very good idea to always keep recent backups!
the-guide
Thanks to "Bondings" for your useful information and advice that help me know more about "Spamhaus".