FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DOTA - Best Item Builds

jinger89
CALLING ALL DOTA PLAYERS!

I want this to be a compilation of the best DOTA item builds. From beginning game to end game, I want to hear what you think are the best items for a specific hero.

Post the name of the hero and what items to get, and why.

I'll start with Tidehunter:

Start with - 3 x Bracers (health and damage), Potion of Clarity (to replenish mana for Gush, cause you're gonna need it), Power Treads: Strength (pretty slow to begin with, you want speed to chase those you can't kill with Gush).

Work you're way to a Vladamir's Offering (lifesteal for some regen and good for armor), then farm your way to an Assault Cuirass (you can't go wrong with more armor, and the degen aura is incredibly useful).

At this point you're set with your basic items. When you need space, get rid of the bracers. I like to get Battle Fury (more damage and helps farming, and health regen is a plus), and when things get tough in late game get a Heart of Tarrasque (more health, more regen, you're gonna be hard to kill).

For the final item, I usually switch it up pretty randomly depending on the game. If I find myself spamming Gush and running out of mana, I get Shiva's Guard (extra intelligence, degen aura, massive damage, more armor; you are unstoppable).

Your turn!
shamankiing
I have try it using the item u said...
one word i ca said ' good '
Very Happy Very Happy
Smelly
Tide... Well to begin, the brasers are expencive i'd rather get one bracer for the hp then farming bot of speed and battlefury and after that i farm for refreshers and GG...
jinger89
Refresher? Really? Aren't you gonna be a bit squishy after all that? I mean you don't have enough health or armor to tank... you're a strength hero without the strength. Not exactly the purpose of Tidehunter. Although I would like to try farming for a refresher. Seems like it would be interesting with the ulty.
amperx
tide is played depending on the opponent..

if there are no stunners you can go all out with bf, then farm cuirass right away
if there are stunners bf, then bkb

im not really into using refresher into this guy xd
jinger89
@amperx
Just to double check when you say, 'bf' you mean Battlefury right? Not Butterfly? Cause that would just be weird Razz
Lissandro
Tidehunter is a high end TANK!
He is not a killer like other str heroes(lycan, goblin...)
Tidehunter has his skills to be a starter in a 5x5 game, big support ( ultimate ) and buff ( gush, damage, slow, armor reduction ) and of course a very good splash damage wish smash andor. The best in him its his carapace, damage reduction and spell protection.
Think now... Vanguard(higher damage reduction, health gain and LIFE regen), vladmir(mana and armor aura, damage aura... very good, and lifesteal), Tarrasq, always! Assault(mooore armor gain, armor reduction ( remember gush? Very Happy ) and ATACK SPEED(remember anchor smash? what else u need). With this, almost all games would be ended.. rrs, but if a game will go too long.. make other tarrasq or a orb efect ( i like skedy(slow, life and mana pool, armor and atack speed gain by the agility)

Well, Tidehunter is a big fu--ck tank! rsrs
ether
I think that at start, good buy is stout shield, because TH have skill for reduce damage. In future upgrade him to vanguard and enjoy Very Happy.
SunD3R
lol tidehunter, my favourite character. I'm glad people share the same view of him as i do. i would go bracer, stout shied, boots of speed, etc. and then end up with power treads, vanguard, battle fury, mask of madness, butterfly and assault cuirass. That is if you get that much money lol.

Crazy build for Mortred: 2 butterflies, 2 battle furies, a mask of madness or vladmir's offering and boots of travel.

i also like to use Vengeful Spirit and Venomancer.
Denvis
jinger89 wrote:
CALLING ALL DOTA PLAYERS!

I want this to be a compilation of the best DOTA item builds. From beginning game to end game, I want to hear what you think are the best items for a specific hero.

Post the name of the hero and what items to get, and why.

I'll start with Tidehunter:

Start with - 3 x Bracers (health and damage), Potion of Clarity (to replenish mana for Gush, cause you're gonna need it), Power Treads: Strength (pretty slow to begin with, you want speed to chase those you can't kill with Gush).

Work you're way to a Vladamir's Offering (lifesteal for some regen and good for armor), then farm your way to an Assault Cuirass (you can't go wrong with more armor, and the degen aura is incredibly useful).

At this point you're set with your basic items. When you need space, get rid of the bracers. I like to get Battle Fury (more damage and helps farming, and health regen is a plus), and when things get tough in late game get a Heart of Tarrasque (more health, more regen, you're gonna be hard to kill).

For the final item, I usually switch it up pretty randomly depending on the game. If I find myself spamming Gush and running out of mana, I get Shiva's Guard (extra intelligence, degen aura, massive damage, more armor; you are unstoppable).

Your turn!

Takes quite a while to farm all that. It's easier to buy ring of health as your first item (5v5 ar) and slowly build for a pserv then boots, blink (for ulti), build up treads, finish bf then lifesteal. By then you should win or lose.
InsanePL
Thans, that helped me a lot, I just started playing DOTA and i didn`t know any good build Wink
achou333
as i think the best items for tidehunter are: power treads, mask of madness, battle fury, linkin sphere, refresher (2*ultimate), heart