FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

April Fools Day 2009

Zombie
Hey everyone,
I want to hear about your April Fool's Day experience this year. What was the best April Fools joke you pulled on someone? What was the best joke pulled on you?
Arty
Nobody april fooled me. Sad

Someone rick roll'd me though. Lol
Triple_7
I got the bosses son pretty good...took a paint stick and marked 3 piglets as 1, 2, and 5. Turned them loose in the shop...he was actually gullible enough to think there was 5 of them...we were off the clock for a 2 hour breakfast break...he spent the next half hour searching everywhere for number 3 and 4...I even helped in this "search" and he thought his dad had something to do with it. I finally told him when I couldn't stifle the laughter anymore. Can't believe he fell for the oldest trick in the book. Laughing

Then came the moment where I wished it was an April Fools joke.

I had been at work all night and morning and was in the process of sorting out some 3,000 piglets after lunch when my boss came in. In a rather rude voice told me to get my $#*^ and get out while handing me a check that included that days hours. I've known this family my whole life and like a part of the family and have worked for them over 5 years...even if I was being let go he wouldn't be so rude about it...and it was pay day anyways...I started laughing...haha jokes on me...April Fools.........right? Shocked I played along and only stopped laughing when I realized all my stuff was thrown out by my truck...he was serious. Embarassed I started gathering my stuff off the ground and demanded to know why. He thinks I've been fooling around with his 18 year old daughter (I'm 21) because he saw the way we tease each other when shes at the farm and thought there was more to it because she didn't come home the night before and I had pulled an all night shift...to top it off I was the only one there during the night so no alibi...she was at the farm before him this morning...he waited for her to leave before confronting me. I tried to explain...for one...I have a girlfriend....Two...Shes like another sister to me and nothing more...and three...we play around to liven things up, been that way for years, we are not fooling around in the way he believes. Didn't matter...I have no job now and he refuses to listen to either of us as to what is really going on. Mad
tchaunt
That would suck if that happened, 777. I'm sorry to hear about that.

Sadly, no one even tried to pull an April Fool's joke on me. Oh well. Confused
crimson_aria
A friend of mine sent me a text message saying a really bad virus is going to hit the internet this April Fools (yeah she even mentioned it's April Fools) so don't use the Internet for the day. I didn't really believe it. And I totally forgot about it minutes after and surfed the net when I got home.
speeDemon
hey guys there is a contest going on for the best april fools day prank!

why dont you pm some of your entries to the admin(me Smile)?
speeDemon
Triple_7 wrote:
I got the bosses son pretty good...took a paint stick and marked 3 piglets as 1, 2, and 5. Turned them loose in the shop...he was actually gullible enough to think there was 5 of them...we were off the clock for a 2 hour breakfast break...he spent the next half hour searching everywhere for number 3 and 4...I even helped in this "search" and he thought his dad had something to do with it. I finally told him when I couldn't stifle the laughter anymore. Can't believe he fell for the oldest trick in the book. Laughing

Then came the moment where I wished it was an April Fools joke.

I had been at work all night and morning and was in the process of sorting out some 3,000 piglets after lunch when my boss came in. In a rather rude voice told me to get my $#*^ and get out while handing me a check that included that days hours. I've known this family my whole life and like a part of the family and have worked for them over 5 years...even if I was being let go he wouldn't be so rude about it...and it was pay day anyways...I started laughing...haha jokes on me...April Fools.........right? Shocked I played along and only stopped laughing when I realized all my stuff was thrown out by my truck...he was serious. Embarassed I started gathering my stuff off the ground and demanded to know why. He thinks I've been fooling around with his 18 year old daughter (I'm 21) because he saw the way we tease each other when shes at the farm and thought there was more to it because she didn't come home the night before and I had pulled an all night shift...to top it off I was the only one there during the night so no alibi...she was at the farm before him this morning...he waited for her to leave before confronting me. I tried to explain...for one...I have a girlfriend....Two...Shes like another sister to me and nothing more...and three...we play around to liven things up, been that way for years, we are not fooling around in the way he believes. Didn't matter...I have no job now and he refuses to listen to either of us as to what is really going on. Mad
if thats true, then well i'm really sorry for you!,
and in case ur pranking us, well, ah.. good one Wink
kanokkv
Hmmmmmn, I stay in an apartment with Six other guys in a very sensitive town know for religious crisis.I got up as early as five n formed a fake phone call,then alerted others that there is a fight outside. People are been slaughtered like chicken everywhere. Everybody fell for it and they were all shivering looking for ways to escape the crisis. Laughing Couldn't hold the laughter for long, so i finally let it out after about thirty minutes of running up and down with no solution.
Terrasis-Cian
who the hell is gullable enough to believe that:?

My buddy in college, his friends rang him early and told im he had a test, he was weeting himself and RAN in, when he got there they were all relaxed in a classroom.. haha simple and clichéd but effective Smile Smile Smile
Crazy_Canuck
It was a pretty disappointing April Fool's day. American Idol even let me down. I thought for sure Ryan would mislead the contestants like he usually does.
Nameless
Nobody attempted to April Fool me. I attempted to April Fool nobody. That it was the first of April was barely a conscious thought, just as it should be ... until my day was shattered by mild irritation. INTERNET! *Shakes fist*
Terrasis-Cian
Nobdoy fooled me either... I was sick at the time and contemplated telling people i was more sick than i was (they might have belived me due to my absence) but then pehaps this would have been going too far...
standready
The best April fool's joke I ever played on someone was NONE! They were so sure it was going to happen that they were ancipating all day. The can of nuts that was just nuts; Shoe untried, it was; Spot on shirt, yep there was a spot; etc. Very funny to watch someone wait all day.
airh3ad
what they said and we been know it's not a celebrated holiday, as it is more of a recognized day of fun. it's not christian or any religion based. and it isnt something you do to strangers. all April fools day is, is just a day to play pranks on your friends. like lets say you work with a friend.
you come to work a few hours early on april fools day, and take a hundred or more cups, and fill them halfway with water, and place them all over his office floor. so when he gets to work he has to pick them all up individually. then you look at him and say April fools day. (almost everyone says that after they get you) you can simply just say Happy april fools day, and do nothing, but that just reminds them its april fools day. your best advantage is that they forgot its april fools day, so you tell some one your pregnant, pretend like it all day. then say it at the end of the day and you got everyone and others. anaway joke can be calm down to every one in any setuation.
Nameless
If someone placed a hundred half filled cups of water over my office floor I would tip EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM over that person's head, ninja style and at randomly determined intervals throughout the day and screaming "APRIL FOOLS [cursing]!" after every one. I'm not sure which of us would be the bigger dick in that situation, but it would at least make for an interesting YouTube video.
ankitdatashn
My april fools day this year was quite technical, actually we all friends keep passing emails to each other. What april fools email we received we forwarded to 10 other people, so the way we were fooled was acually also the way in which we fooled others.

The first was in which I was april fooled(10 days before 1 april) was a sms by my friend saying she is going to USA, I called her immedietely and she told me to see the rest of the sms, ofcourse I was fooled by her as the sms included blank spaces after that message.

On april 1 my company also fooled me saying we all will be given 5k bonus this month, when I clicked that link I knew I was fooled.

Next also there was a game sent by 1 friend to hit a worm in a hole by finger and when the game ended the picture zoomed out it showed that we were trying to finger a dog!!, alas!!!
mwsupra
I was April Fooled by my wife, and it was pretty cruel. So I'm awake at 1am taking care of our 11 month old having to wake up at 8am and my wife tells me she's pregnant!! We live in a 1 bedroom currently so you can imagine my shock. I got her back by calling her at work and telling her I got fired (I'm the only income for the home) so I think I got her back at least a little bit but I still think she had the upper hand with her joke..
emazens
mwsupra wrote:
I was April Fooled by my wife, and it was pretty cruel. So I'm awake at 1am taking care of our 11 month old having to wake up at 8am and my wife tells me she's pregnant!! We live in a 1 bedroom currently so you can imagine my shock. I got her back by calling her at work and telling her I got fired (I'm the only income for the home) so I think I got her back at least a little bit but I still think she had the upper hand with her joke..

gosh!! Rolling Eyes
Josso
This year was massively disapointing for april fools day.
Rook
Nothing happened to me this year. At school I got a few "Hey what's on your shirt?" gags but other than that nothing really.

I told a guy he had a giant zit on his head and he semi-believed me so I guess that's enough for me!
missdixy
I didn't really even realize it was April Fool's, aside from the usual google-prank.
forkei
a lot of fool news on the Internet
PatTheGreat42
Not much happened to me this April Fool's day. I was kind of dissapointed. Even the webcomic artists didn't seem to do much of their usual switch. Oh well. I guess everyone is just like growing up, though I would think the point of April Fool's day is for everyone to grow down for just a day, ya know?
hamza1122
Nothing happened to me on April fool's day although my friend was tellin ppls about the april fool's virus that was going around. His brother caught the virus at 2:20 am in the morning. lol! 2 hours after it came out. FAIL!
erlendhg
Arty wrote:
Nobody april fooled me. Sad

The same thing happend to me. Nobody, not family nor friends, even tried to fool me.
I also missed out on all the online April fool's day fun on different web sites on the Internet Sad
Jamatu
I completely forgot it was April fools until near the end of day at work as did everyone else (theres only 3 of us in here so it's pretty small!). Although we did remember national talk like a pirate day! Now that was fun Razz
spring567
The foolest thing is nothing happen to me .
fx-trading-education
It seems that this tradition is slowly dying
sw0277
A friend and i was painting my livingroom and needed to get a new paint brush and check out what kind of boarder might look good in there.... So she went to the hardware store to get a new paint brush but i asked her instead of looking at boarder to pick up a gallon of striped paint in place off the boarder... lol.... she was gone for over 2 hours and i live 2 min from the store... She was so mad at me.... lol
supernova1987a
no lies but a girl burrowed my cell phone and used it to make her friends fool. i was indeed a fool to give her the phone, she wouldnt return for hours, grrrrrrrr
ProfessorY91
Its probably too late to post in this thread now... bout ten days after the fact, but I need the points. Go yap at someone else. Bunch of friends decided that they would do a "live rickroll" by barging into random college classrooms. Suffice to say that we had a lot of fun doing so, had a white guy dressed up, portable boombox for the background music, microphone setup. Elaborate, and resulted in getting chased by security no less than three times. Most memorable moment was a psychology class prof roared at us in a loud voice "and THIS is a perfect example of the flawed human psyche". (He saw us coming in, and acted like it was planned, lol.)
rockacola
I had bunch of interviewees on that day, was too busy and did not realize it was april fool till the night.

Thank god no one was "trying to be funny" during interview... Twisted Evil
Zombie
That's weird. A lot of you didn't get fooled/notice it was April Fools Day... I guess the legacy is dying.

As for me... I didn't get fooled, but fooled a few of my friends. I wish everyone one was in the spirit lol... it would be much more fun.
stel4e
I admit.... I was fooled this year.... at work ... my collegues told me that we'll have the next day off, because our boss called the internet provider to change the wires at the office... ahhahahaa I totally forgot that it was April 1st
Zombie
OMG, that's an epic april fools prank. Did you fall for it?