FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lovely Bandwidth/Transfer Caps

Does your ISP put caps on your bandwidth?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
I am a stupid person, I wouldnt know.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

cr3ativ3
You know we all love em? Or is it just us Canadians...Let us know if your Internet Service Plan is capped off like so many of us unlucky people!

Helios
As far as I know, in my country (Israel) only one ISP states that they limit the bandwidth. We have like 4 of them here, if not more Razz

My ISP claims that bandwidth is unlimited, but I believe they do have some limit, because a friend of mine who's a really heavy user, had recieved a call from them one day - they offered him a "gamer's package" with extra "speed". Of course, we both understood why they really made that call...
Diablosblizz
I have Cogeco, but I've never seen something that interesting. That's a little creepy to be honest. Mines capped at 60, I wish I had more but oh well. Nice Windows 7 Theme by the way!
cr3ativ3
Diablosblizz wrote:
I have Cogeco, but I've never seen something that interesting. That's a little creepy to be honest. Mines capped at 60, I wish I had more but oh well. Nice Windows 7 Theme by the way!

Its the canadian theme...lol I think its the same theme as any other country specific one. They just call it the coutry you setup the system as.

And it looks black because my desktop bg is black...and that bar is transparent.
ForceRun
Well, there are companies in the US that are looking into it for normal broadband. There are test cases going right now. Also off type mid-broadband like Satellite or fixed wireless have caps some times. We had fixed wireless and the cap was 11Gb but they didn't watch it too closely as we always used over 30 Gb a month.

The thing that gets me about metering internet, is at no point does the ISP even have to pay for bytes so why should the users? I understand they have to have system speed for total bandwidth and that close a bit of money, but that is the base of what we pay.