FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost Games! Round 1

Parkour_Jarrod
List of Winners

Welcome to the Frihost Games Round 1!
The admin for this round is Parkour_Jarrod.

These contests last one month each, and will continue as long as there is good participation in them.
The contest admin will describe this round's contest, then you can make an entry and post it as a reply here. Then, your fellow Frihosters will vote for the winner, and if it is you, you'll get fabulous prizes!
Everyone can play, and even if you don't think you're good enough, try anyway: the more entries the better, and sometimes the voters can surprise you with their decisions.
Even if you don't expect to win, play!

The fabulous prizes up for grabs:
1st place: 550frih$ and Decide the theme for the next round!
Runner Up: 250frih$
Speed Demon (first un-edited entry): 70frih$
Procrastinator (last entry): 30frih$
King of the Loosers (last place): 100frih$
Super-Prize (win 5 rounds): Free 2 year registration of the top level domain of your choice!(domain.com, name.net, et cetera) Or, the equivilant in US$.

Photography: Take A Photo Of A Sport Related Item
Go out there and take a photo of a Sport Related Item. Like a golf ball sitting on the green with the flag out of focus in the background. Anything to do with sport even a pair of football(soccer) shoes sitting next to each other with mud on them.

1: Must be a recognized sport (Car Racing and Fishing inclusive).
2: Try to keep any humans/animals OUT of the picture as its of a Sport Related Item not a sport itself.
3: Keep any photoshop/editing to a minimum (preferably none to give everyone a fair chance)

One Entry Per Person: You can only submit one entry per contest. If you submit two, only the older one will be voted on. If you want to change your entry, EDIT YOUR POST!
No Copying: Do not copy another person's work! If the contest admin decides that you copied anther entry, you'll be disqualified from this round.
Disputes: If you have a problem, such as someone else copying you, PM the contest admin for this round, NOT the Frihost staff.
Time Limit: You have 30 days from the date (and time) of this post to submit an entry. Late entries cannot be added in: no exceptions.
Voting: Your entry will be voted on for 15 days from the date of the next contest's first post. You may vote if you entered, but vote for the best, even if it isn't your own.
Ties: If two entries are tied for an award, they split the frih$ prize and the earlier entry gets any prize that cannot be split up.
No Admin Entries: The contest admin for this round may not participate because his/her role in choosing the type and settling disputes could be abused.
Image Size: If your entry includes an image larger than 600x800, post a link (or thumbnail link) to it, not the image itself. Smaller images should always be posted in-line.
Rule Breaking: Failure to follow the above rules might disqualify you from this round of the contest.

Questions about how to participate? Post 'em, or PM this round's contest admin.
Comments about the entries of the previous round? Post them, too.
Entries for this round? They get posted in this thread, too.
Want to be on the contest admin team? PM this round's admin.
Good luck, contestants!
mathiaus
-stickied-

I might have a go at this myself! Very Happy

Good Luck everyone
deanhills
I may give it a bash too. Good luck to everyone too. And thanks for all the effort Parkour_Jarrod.
ocalhoun
I think the theme might pair up nicely with the blizzard I just got... Just have to figure out how.
redslazers
ocalhoun wrote:
I think the theme might pair up nicely with the blizzard I just got... Just have to figure out how.

how about blizzard streaking?

ok that was lame
ocalhoun
redslazers wrote:

how about blizzard streaking?

Is that really a sport?

And what in the world would be a blizzard streaking-related item? Confused
speeDemon
ok, I didn't really get quite a good picture... so I was planning to leave the comp.! but now, I guess is worth a try!

deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
What kind of blizzard was it? Am interested as we have had some very unusual extreme wind and thunderstorms in the Middle East. Particularly the pelting rain was totally out of character.
speeDemon
Wow! no one posted before me?

Looks like speeDemon really is the speed demon!!!
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
What kind of blizzard was it? Am interested as we have had some very unusual extreme wind and thunderstorms in the Middle East. Particularly the pelting rain was totally out of character.

A perfectly normal one!
When there's no wind here, people comment on how strange it is.

My entry ^.^

(Image is link to full-res version.)

I like the way they seem to be forlornly waiting to be used again...
Though I don't suppose inanimate objects get depressed.
Parkour_Jarrod
SpeeDemon, looks great.
Ocalhoun, amazing shot, i love the snow:P
speeDemon
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:

ocalhoun, amazing shot, i love the snow:P
me too!! its a great picture, much better than mine!!
ocalhoun
^I just got lucky... I had no idea where I would find a 'sports item', but while driving around looking for a new car, I saw this and stopped. Always keep looking!
purecody
even though my camera blows i will give this a try to let you know i mgoing to win so ha Razz
truespeed
I wanted to enter this,but i lost my digital camera,perhaps if people keep making comments on the thread,it will keep it *bumped* which will draw attention to the thread via "View posts since last visit" .
Parkour_Jarrod
truespeed wrote:
I wanted to enter this,but i lost my digital camera,perhaps if people keep making comments on the thread,it will keep it *bumped* which will draw attention to the thread via "View posts since last visit" .

Aww pity you lost your camera, does your phone have one, or does someone have one you can borrow?
truespeed
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
truespeed wrote:

Aww pity you lost your camera, does your phone have one, or does someone have one you can borrow?

I have another,but the pixel rate is rubbish,the one i had was 8mp, my other is only 2mp,and theres a huge difference in quality. I wouldn't just enter a picture for the sake of entering,if i didn't think it was any good.
Parkour_Jarrod
truespeed wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
truespeed wrote:

I have another,but the pixel rate is rubbish,the one i had was 8mp, my other is only 2mp,and theres a huge difference in quality. I wouldn't just enter a picture for the sake of entering,if i didn't think it was any good.

Hey my camera is 1.6 mp... don't worry
speeDemon
I guess the competition didnt quite work out... are we continuing it?
truespeed
speeDemon wrote:
I guess the competition didnt quite work out... are we continuing it?

I think its been extended till the end of May,though without it being made into a featured discussion,and being hampered by its "sticky" status,i am not sure if any more entries will come in.

I think we should still carry on next month with the next contest however.
Flakky
I think the problem is that many people are forced to stop whatever they are doing right now on the internet in order to take a picture. And the internet is interesting, ain't it? Maybe posting your computer is a better solution Smile
speeDemon
hey guys, I dont think I will be able to take the july spot, so just fill it in... or is the competition finished.. as in over forever..??
speeDemon
so what exactly happened about all this??
Xelphir
Awesome!
A Contest; Woot woot!
Arseniy
Seems to be dead Sad
What a pity...
I've missed my month and thought I'll get beaten by members XD
truespeed
Ding ding! Round two?
ocalhoun
truespeed wrote:
Ding ding! Round two?

Only if we can get it on featured discussions. Otherwise, there will never be enough participation.
hunnyhiteshseth
If this contest is not active, then shouldn't this post be destickied (Couldn't find an appropriate word ;-p)?
william
This really should be made into a featured discussion. It has very good potential; so count me in for upcoming rounds. Very Happy
ocalhoun
william wrote:
This really should be made into a featured discussion. It has very good potential; so count me in for upcoming rounds. Very Happy

Well, if it was made into a featured discussion, there might actually be more rounds... But hiding in the stickies of the contest forum just doesn't work out well.