FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Connection to DB

TrueFact
I was trying to install Joomla after removing Xoops, it gave me headache and had tons of bugs, everything went well till I had to provide the database information. It kept saying:
Quote:
Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

I tried to do the manual install, so I used phpMyAdmin which ran smoothly and done with creating tables and inserting the sample data too. Created the admin user and finally modified the configuration file to match the database's username, password, host name and prefix but didn't work too. I tried to create a new database and a new database user but the same error occurred.

After searching the forum, i found no similar and recent error, even though similar errors was solved on its own by waiting for few minutes. So i tried again after approx. 45 minutes but nothing changed.

Why I can't connect to the mysql database while I can using phpMyAdmin?[/quote]
cr3ativ3
I'm assuming your new to installing web scripts, like Joomla... During the install process when it asks you for DB information.

Host : Blank or use localhost
DB Name : the name of your database, you must first create this database in DirectAdmin, the name will be something like directadminusername_dbname.
DB Username : the username for the database, you also created this when you created teh database it will be something like directadminusername_dbuser
DB Password " the password for the database, you also created this when you created the database, it will be something like ********

If you are still failing, then use your direct admin username and password for the db username and db password sections.

If you are still having trouble, post what you are typing into the db connection fields. (Minus your password).

Good Luck.
justtj
hi....
if your site is truefact.frih.net as mentioned in your account, thr is some issue with its DNS...
checked at
http://baremetal.com/cgi-bin/dnsip?target=truefact.frih.net

your domain points to NULL..

maybe thats causing some trouble.