FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Error while trying to upload a template in Joomla

ravikanth
Hello,
I am a newbie to webhosting. I managed to install Joomla. But I am not able to upload a template in Joomla. So far I have not uploaded anything in Joomla. But when I tried to upload I get the following error:

* JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths. Unable to create destination

I tried searching in google. I was not able to find a good answer.

Ravikanth
TrueFact
Maybe you just need to grant writing permissions to the destination folder. In other word, Joomla can't write the new folder and/or create it. You may try uploading it manually through FTP, or change the permissions. You can change these permissions in two ways:
1- Using the cPanel file manager
2- FTP software, right click on the folder, choose chmod, and change the permission to 766. This permission can grant writing for you to upload your template using the Joomla interface.

Joomla template folder is located right under your joomla directory (eg. youraccount.com/public_html/template)
ravikanth
I have changed the permissions to 777 previously. Should nt that be ok?
TrueFact
permission 777 means that anyone can write and execute on your site which means someone can use it to take over your site. 766 means they can write but not execute.

If the folder has 777 permission, then it is not a permission problem. A more experienced user may be able to identify the problem and solve it. Sorry, I'm not that good too.
mOrpheuS
ravikanth wrote:
JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths. Unable to create destination

Setup the "FTP layer" in your Joomla administration interface with the correct settings and it will work.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-826433.html#826433