FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do parents love their children more than vice versa?

deanhills
I've heard somewhere that parents tend to love their children more than their children love them. Do you think this is true?
lagoon
Its quite possible. Its only possible to tell personally once you've had children though.
imera
Somehow I think it's true, but not all parents loves their children either.

Of course children spend a lot of their time hating their parents because they never get to do anything or don't have anything. Always comparing themselves with those that has and gets to do a lot of stuff.

Parents might love their children more, but that doesn't mean that children love their parents less.
shamankiing
ya, is true... For me parent do like children more than each other. Very Happy
Children is everything for them...

Razz
anaela
yea i think so also. i just had my son and he is everything i do. parents are the ones that have to love their child to take care of them. thats with any species.
peaceupnorth
How does a person measure love? O.o
deanhills
peaceupnorth wrote:
How does a person measure love? O.o
Good question. One probably would need to be in a relationship of love in order to measure it.
shkhanal
This is absolutely true. This is nature that made this way to protect and continue its creation. If parents don't love much the child would never be able to survive and when the child is grown up he/she needs to love and protect their children than to their parents. I do love my children much more than my parents and my parents too love me much more than their father and mother. I believe this is natural!
Bluedoll
Perhaps it varies from person to person. If it were true maybe it would be because youth are more interested in getting out on their own and parents have that natural tendency to love their offspring.
PennyLane
Well, I think this could be true. But the love you have for your parents is different than for a boyfriend or a girlfriend. Maybe it's because these are the people who were always there for you, or maybe it's because their love is unconditional...
atul2242
An interesting Q!

At first glance it seems that parents love their children more than vice-versa.....

But:

Children have a greater capacity to love than cranny older people.

Parents have a sense of responsibility which is often taken for love.

Children need parents to provide for them so many times need maybe taken as love

Many Parents regard children as their future and have ownership feelings ( get broken as children grow up ) bit these feelings also get confused with love.

Many a times I question my love for my child........
atul2242
PennyLane wrote:
Well, I think this could be true. But the love you have for your parents is different than for a boyfriend or a girlfriend. Maybe it's because these are the people who were always there for you, or maybe it's because their love is unconditional...

Is it?

One cannot choose ones parents or children but that does not make the bond between them unconditional.
Crying or Very sad
Literature is full of many such examples.....
littleladyluck
Oh it depends. In general I believe it may be true. Children are from your insides, it is you who put them in this world and see them grow older year by year. You teach them how to do things, see them through problems, their joys, their sadness. You love them. When they become adults, they went away, they form friendships, their priorities change, they found love finally. It is not that we love our parents less, it is a lifetime love. I believe that many parents' love is unconditional. Children do not love parents less; it's more like the object of their attention/love may have changed with time when they fall in love and have children. for my part, i believe that children should do everything in their possibility to show their love; by being there when they need, by talking with them, taking them out when old, look after them just like their parents have done.

There are exceptions. Some parents are bastards and some children too. if you can, you may pardon them.
cavey
I love my parents very much, but I love my children even more. Even though I have known my parents all my life, and my children just some years/months!
Ashtray
I think it's a very different kind of love.
fx-trading-education
It is difficult to say what is exactly "love" but I think for instance that parents would be in general ready to do more sacrifices for their children than children for their parents.

And it is natural. I would say that iti s also related to the life expectancy.The ones with the higher life expectancy(so somehow with the highestpotential) are more protected.
Parents always have the feeling that they need somehow to protect, help their children as much as they can in order for them to get the best possible life.
But usuallychildren will firsttake care of their own life before taking care of their parents (not alwaysbut usually more thantheir parents).
And I think that it is good otherwise they wouldn't be able to really grow and have their own life.
Some1withaQuestion
Why is it that our parents always think the world of us,but somewhere deep inside,we secretly wish they were someone else's parents?Basically,for no logical reason,we just feel ashamed to be their child,right? Confused
loveandormoney
deanhills wrote:
I've heard somewhere that parents tend to love their children more than their children love them. Do you think this is true?

Good morning. This is theory. The best way is, like You did describe.
But reality, the most time, children love their parents much more then the adults love their children.
Just watch families in the park.
Peterssidan
In many species, especially mammals, at least one of the parents take care of the offspring. Humans is no exception. It is all about increasing the chances for their genes to survive and spread.
loveandormoney
"one of the parents"

Should the father or the mother educate the children?