FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Mail Autopilot by CADIE

loyal
April Fool's day, everybody!

If you're a user of googlemail/gmail, then when you go to the login page, you'll see google has notified us about the release of powerful new technology.

google wrote:

Email will never be a thing of the past, but actually reading and writing messages is about to be. Google Mail Autopilot automatically manages your inbox better than you can, with zero effort from you. Learn more

Keep in touch
Brand-new CADIE technology enables Autopilot to scan every one of your incoming messages and automatically send the perfect reply.
Manage relationships
Impress everyone with your prompt and insightful responses to everything from urgent notes from your boss to cute messages from your significant other.
Match your style
Autopilot calibrates for tone, typos and preferred punctuation. It's just like you, but automated.

Here's an example:

Very Happy Very Happy

Find out more here: http://gmail.com

haha enjoy!
speeDemon
hmm... looks interesting, where did you find it?
loyal
speeDemon wrote:
hmm... looks interesting, where did you find it?

Peace.

Every year, google makes an april fool's joke.
I found this year's on the login page for gmail.

You can read more about them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google%27s_hoaxes
Magicman
Google usually has some decent April fools joke every year. I didn't find the CADIE bit on the homepage to be terribly funny except for the inclusion of the crazy panda homepage. The gmail aspect of this prank is really funny though.
ocalhoun
^Did you see the image search part?
They probably did something to every part of google for this ^.^
mwsupra
Yea the one you posted was for the gmail, but this link: http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/cadie/index.html leads you to the panda homepage, which is pretty funny. Personally I'm a big fan of the TiSP April Fool's joke http://www.google.com/tisp
[FuN]goku
ahh i seen this on slashdot. didn't really look into it tho.
william
I quite enjoyed this year's joke. Although, the thing is, I was obviously expecting it. I kind of wish Google will give us a joke that is, well, unexpected, or better yet, not a joke at all. Remember that Gmail was once thought to be an April fools joke? I like it when Google uses April fools day to announce real products. I would find autopilot very useful. Razz
deanhills
william wrote:
I quite enjoyed this year's joke. Although, the thing is, I was obviously expecting it. I kind of wish Google will give us a joke that is, well, unexpected, or better yet, not a joke at all. Remember that Gmail was once thought to be an April fools joke? I like it when Google uses April fools day to announce real products. I would find autopilot very useful. Razz

I'm not really into Google, and also not really very much of a "prank" person, unless it comes spontaneously and brilliantly with a sense of humour.
LostOverThere
Quote:
I'm not really into Google, and also not really very much of a "prank" person, unless it comes spontaneously and brilliantly with a sense of humour.

No doubt you enjoyed Cadie then. Smile

Personally I found Cadie hilarious, but my personal favourite will always be TiSP. That was truly brilliant - if only it was true.
ikanep
lol i should've known it was a prank... i was trying to find the tab this morning on my gmail account...
andredesignz
Laughing Laughing Laughing lol Very Happy Very Happy
georgeodowd
I liked the subliminal messages you could insert into your gdocs presentations. That was the first google prank I found.
bigt
Lol. Yeah, Google is always making some kind of April Fool's day joke. That one was pretty good, but I guess they're all pretty good. I thought they might have been on to something at first there, but I knew it was probably a joke Smile

loyal wrote:
April Fool's day, everybody!

If you're a user of googlemail/gmail, then when you go to the login page, you'll see google has notified us about the release of powerful new technology.

google wrote:

Email will never be a thing of the past, but actually reading and writing messages is about to be. Google Mail Autopilot automatically manages your inbox better than you can, with zero effort from you. Learn more

Keep in touch
Brand-new CADIE technology enables Autopilot to scan every one of your incoming messages and automatically send the perfect reply.
Manage relationships
Impress everyone with your prompt and insightful responses to everything from urgent notes from your boss to cute messages from your significant other.
Match your style
Autopilot calibrates for tone, typos and preferred punctuation. It's just like you, but automated.

Here's an example:

Very Happy Very Happy

Find out more here: http://gmail.com

haha enjoy!
loyal
Peace.

mwsupra and LostOverThere said they especially liked the TiSP one. My favourite is the "google custom time" (send emails in the past, see http://mail.google.com/mail/help/customtime/index.html), because i actually believed it! lol Anyone else got any favourites?
semanticweb
The google custom time was my favourite too..
I completely believed
I thought I could send out the mails to my clients as if they were sent in the past to account for a missed deadline.
Only to know that it was another prank from google
erlendhg
Ah, I missed out on those on April 1st.
I am glad, though, that Google still keep the fun pages.
tony
Haha; yeah - I saw that too! Very funny, google Razz
Magicman
ocalhoun wrote:
^Did you see the image search part?
They probably did something to every part of google for this ^.^

Does anyone have a screenshot or even a link to an example of how the image search page looked on April 1st? I missed it and it seems like it must have been good.