FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Gallery page idea, need some help!

speeDemon
Well guys and gals, I'm back with yet another problem!

I am currently busy in making a new extention of my website, a gallery page. In this whole 'gallery' thing, i'm going to upload my old flash, anim8or and photoshop creations, and even add tutorials telling you how they were made!

Not only that, I'm also providing a service to let people upload their own content for free!

I think that the idea is good, and I've already made 2 pages intro and how to upload your files.

anyway, what I wanted was an idea as to how I can sort out my gallery stuff... I mean, should I make a kind of thumbnail view, giving small pictures of each creation. and then when the visitor presses the picture, he/she gets to the respective page..

or should I just give the links and a short inro of the creation..?
I can even make a flash file for aiding selection of desired content.. though I don't really want to make one! because editing takes a lot of time...

so what's your opinion?
GB
I'd probably provide a thumbnail and a brief description. I don't think a flash piece to get into the content is necessary. It is always nice to see a preview of what you're about to get into and a short (just a few words) would be helpful. Would also be nice if you named all the pieces in the gallery. That way, it gives users a hook, something to grab on to so they can quickly assess whether or not that link is for them.

Also, I'd take out that javascript alert welcoming people to the page. It just gets in the way.

Good luck on your site!
speeDemon
GB wrote:
I'd probably provide a thumbnail and a brief description. I don't think a flash piece to get into the content is necessary. It is always nice to see a preview of what you're about to get into and a short (just a few words) would be helpful. Would also be nice if you named all the pieces in the gallery. That way, it gives users a hook, something to grab on to so they can quickly assess whether or not that link is for them.

Also, I'd take out that javascript alert welcoming people to the page. It just gets in the way.

Good luck on your site!

ook, thanks for the suggestions! I really needed the idea.. so i'll just stick with :
Quote:
a thumbnail and a brief description

and well, about the javascript.. well i've added it on only 2 pages.. 1)the homepage 2)the gallery intro page

I think I'll remove it from both the pages...

thanks!

any new Ideas are welcome though..