FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who determines US economic policy?

deanhills
I am curious, who determines economic policy in the US? Is it the President, Congress, Government, or the people of the United States? AND what is it really?

Does anyone know of a good "common sense" blog that can take all the nonsense out of current reporting on US economic developments?
Hogwarts
I think the biggest problem here would be that so much of everything going on and "knowledge" behind it is all normative economics masquerading as positive economics. Basically, I don't think there really can be a good "common sense" blog to fulfill such a task Sad
deanhills
Hogwarts wrote:
I think the biggest problem here would be that so much of everything going on and "knowledge" behind it is all normative economics masquerading as positive economics. Basically, I don't think there really can be a good "common sense" blog to fulfill such a task Sad
True, especially when it is the equivalent of a seriously blocked toilet ... Shocked d'oh! yuck! The one moment we are talking about big banks failing, then two steps after that it's big auto companies failing, then two steps after that, it's a recession, then two steps after that, but not Canadian banks although there is a bit of recession there but not quite like in the US, then two steps after that, Bangladesh banks and economy are OK, and two steps after that business as usual for banks and economy in South Africa, then two steps after that oil price took a big dip, the two steps after that serious unemployment numbers in US and UK ..... so could one say that the US, UK and Europe had worked on a strategy to bring down the oil price? Everything is possible!
lagoon
It is big business, who offer politicians lucrative jobs as advisors and lobbyists after they're kicked out!
deanhills
lagoon wrote:
It is big business, who offer politicians lucrative jobs as advisors and lobbyists after they're kicked out!
Who knows, maybe they are already in those jobs before they are kicked out! I truly believe nothing is as it appears to us right now. The US citizens got duped to vote for a 1.2-trillion dollar package.