FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm afraid I'll never fall in love again

tingkagol

I've been single for almost two years now. Been on dates that barely interest me. But regardless of the dry spell, I am eager. But I tire sometimes, hence this post.

Anybody else feel the same?
mk12327
Honestly I'm going a somewhat similar phase as you right now... But i still remain optimistic that it is merely a passing moment and when the right one comes, we'll know it! =)
deanhills
Probably it will come your way when you least expect it. And then it will be earth-shattering and before you know it, you will wonder why you were so concerned about being on your own as those had been happy and carefree days for you ... and you wish you could have your bachelor days back again Smile Probably something in the saying about "be careful what you wish for" Smile
mk12327
I guess it has something to do with the "grass is greener on the other side" saying... Lol... Just like how people with lots of winter enjoys summer by the beach compared to people with lots of summer enjoying snow in winter.
tingkagol
I can understand the grass is greener aphorism, but you're confusing "being in love" with "being in a relationship". Sure, I may have to weigh my options whether or not I should give up my current independence, but being "in love" always wins independence over. I'm just bummed that it never comes often, and if you missed your chance and time rolls on, you'll find yourself in the same predicament.
deanhills
tingkagol wrote:
I can understand the grass is greener aphorism, but you're confusing "being in love" with "being in a relationship". Sure, I may have to weigh my options whether or not I should give up my current independence, but being "in love" always wins independence over. I'm just bummed that it never comes often, and if you missed your chance and time rolls on, you'll find yourself in the same predicament.
Hmmmmm .... I thought that if you are in love, that you are in a relationship. Can't see how you can split them up? Smile
Xanatos
Learn to be happy with yourself first. Try too hard and you will never find love anywhere. Do things that you enjoy doing and make yourself happy. This way when love comes you will know that it is real.
deanhills
Xanatos wrote:
Learn to be happy with yourself first. Try too hard and you will never find love anywhere. Do things that you enjoy doing and make yourself happy. This way when love comes you will know that it is real.
Now this IS good stuff and right on the number. The world definitely works like that all of the time. If you are dancing with yourself and having a fabulous time with it with smile on the face and spring in the step, you will find quite a number of people wanting to dance with you. They sort of gravitate to you like a moth to a flame, sort of law of attraction. Smile Dancing
mk12327
Love will eventually come. It's just a matter of time and jumping at opportunities. Anyway, you might be right about doing things that make yourself happy and not trying to hard to "find" love. Trying too hard makes it look like you are desperate and have a lack in confidence.
mk12327
Love will eventually come. It's just a matter of time and jumping at opportunities. Anyway, you might be right about doing things that make yourself happy and not trying to hard to "find" love. Trying too hard makes it look like you are desperate and have a lack in confidence.
tingkagol
deanhills wrote:
tingkagol wrote:
Hmmmmm .... I thought that if you are in love, that you are in a relationship. Can't see how you can split them up? Smile

You don't have to be in a relationship with that girl to know that you are in love with her. Smile

deanhills wrote:
Now this IS good stuff and right on the number. The world definitely works like that all of the time. If you are dancing with yourself and having a fabulous time with it with smile on the face and spring in the step, you will find quite a number of people wanting to dance with you. They sort of gravitate to you like a moth to a flame, sort of law of attraction.

I cannot agree more.