FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Doodles that should have been drawings

mgeek
Have you ever looked back at your old notebooks and found doodles that you should have made into real cartoon drawings? I have the habit of doodling during seminars and conferences and most often I forget about them after the updating session is finished. Today, I found out one of my old notebooks and the doodles I made there. There were some that were so good, I felt sorry I didn't develop them. Here are two of them...

The second one especially could have been developed into a cartoon strip.

I can of course try to reproduce these but it won't be the same.
anaela
nice doodles. i like the first one, the turtle
angfrayle
anaela wrote:
nice doodles. i like the first one, the turtle

Yeah, the turtle looks llike a character that one sees in old cartoons.
angfrayle
I quite agree that those doodles should have been further developed. However I make the following comments:

1. About the turtle and monkey. I seem to remember an old tale -- parable if you will -- about how a turtle beat a crafty monkey simply by honest work. Is your doodle based on that?
2. About the picture of the family. It seems unfinished. The old man hiding behind the younger man does not seem to have a body.
mgeek
angfrayle wrote:
I quite agree that those doodles should have been further developed. However I make the following comments:

1. About the turtle and monkey. I seem to remember an old tale -- parable if you will -- about how a turtle beat a crafty monkey simply by honest work. Is your doodle based on that?

Yes it is based partly on that I guess. I created the doodle while a speaker was saying that it is always better not take short cuts when doing any kind of work. "Slow but sure" is always better than "Quick and easy."

angfrayle wrote:

2. About the picture of the family. It seems unfinished. The old man hiding behind the younger man does not seem to have a body.

I agree. I didn't finish the drawing.
MM357
Not only Cartoon .. it may also be used in caricature drawings , comics ... or any similar artworks

Anyway .. U r a true artist I think .. just don't leave these talents fade out without using them Smile
mgeek
MM357 wrote:
Not only Cartoon .. it may also be used in caricature drawings , comics ... or any similar artworks

Anyway .. U r a true artist I think .. just don't leave these talents fade out without using them Smile

Thank you for the compliment. But really, I am trying to make use of this talent that I have left uncultivated. Right now, I make use of it in making illustrations for our Church group.
angfrayle
mgeek wrote:

Yes it is based partly on that I guess. I created the doodle while a speaker was saying that it is always better not take short cuts when doing any kind of work. "Slow but sure" is always better than "Quick and easy."

Oh I see, so the drawing was associated to the idea Slow but sure as opposed to Quick and easy. Clever. Very Happy
mgeek
angfrayle wrote:

Oh I see, so the drawing was associated to the idea Slow but sure as opposed to Quick and easy. Clever. Very Happy

Yeah. Now that reminds me. I still have some more of these doodles. I'll show some of them soon. Very Happy

UPDATE: You can find the drawings here.
hamza1122
woah you're good. are you a cartoonist or something. your doodles are really nice and neat.
Asap170
Awesome drawings I think the second picture was the best, but I like he first picture better.
Kashinilaya
I like the facial expressions in the second drawing.