FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gradient Background Tip

Dennise
Creating a background image with a gradient often results in ugly 'banding', especially when using CSS background 'repeats'.

I have found that saving the image as a 24-bit .png file (image.png) results in very smooth gradients with no gaps or banding.

Here is a little tutorial on this:http://www.thebeginnersbloggingguide.com/2008/06/how-to-create-smooth-gradient.html

Hope this helps someone. Very Happy
m-productions
ah very good advice, I hate when gradents have those lines in them as well. However it makes me sad that I do have to deal with them a lot as flash likes have lower quality gradients, thus addings the yukky lines, and If i want my background to blend with the flash file, my background as well must have the crapy gradient, the only solution I can think of, is making any gradients I need in photoshop, saving them as the 24bit color as suggested here, then using that in flash, but then it loses some of the dynamics... something to think about tho, thanks for the post.
gcaughill
Dennise wrote:
Creating a background image with a gradient often results in ugly 'banding', especially when using CSS background 'repeats'.

I have found that saving the image as a 24-bit .png file (image.png) results in very smooth gradients with no gaps or banding.

Here is a little tutorial on this:http://www.thebeginnersbloggingguide.com/2008/06/how-to-create-smooth-gradient.html

Hope this helps someone. Very Happy

Good tip. Will have to let our graphic designer know about that.