FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

any stoners out there??

clairebear
besides me?? Razz
joostvane
Whats a stoner?
clairebear
i'll take that as a yes?? lol
taytay
drugs are bad! Just say NO!

lol
Solon_Poledourus
This one ought to be locked.
Afaceinthematrix
joostvane wrote:
Whats a stoner?

stoner = pot head

On another note, I am not a stoner. I do not smoke... I think drugs are bad.
clairebear
yall are missing out!! btw, marijuana is just as much of a drug as tylenol, if you take that for headaches and such.. maybe even less of one because is it is 100% natural and much safer because you can't overdose on it!! alas, i will not lecture, i was only trying to find my fellow cannabis connoiseurs :p
Afaceinthematrix
clairebear wrote:
yall are missing out!!

Ehh... Maybe.... but I am also gaining a lot from not being a stoner.

clairebear wrote:
btw, marijuana is just as much of a drug as tylenol, if you take that for headaches and such.. maybe even less of one because is it is 100% natural and much safer because you can't overdose on it!!

Yes you can overdose on marijuana. While the health effects of marijuana are generally exaggerated, to claim that it's safer than tylenol is simply deluding yourself. The health effects of occasional recreational marijuana are probably not that severe, but it is still a drug that has negative effects on the body.

Also, when you asked if there are any "stoners" here, I was assuming that you were not referring to occasional marijuana users. Generally, the term "stoner" refers to someone who abuses the drug by using it quite frequently. That would not fall under the category of "occasional user" and the negative health effects will be more prevalent. I would suggest that if you use marijuana, you use it occasionally.

I am not lecturing here; I am just making sure that you're aware of the effects because you seemed to be a little confused.
imera
My boyfriend smokes only a little each day, and it seems like it's those days that he is in a better mood than the days he doesn't smoke.

But the bad mood might come from the location we are currently living on, hopefully it's only one year left before we can move, and then I'll see if it's better there, don't think he'll smoke so much, unless he is addicted to it, then we have to take a serious talk.

And as you might have guessed, I don't smoke, or take any drugs, the only addiction I have is my laptop, I'm not even addicted to chocolate Razz strange Very Happy
Keran
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
clairebear wrote:
yall are missing out!!

Ehh... Maybe.... but I am also gaining a lot from not being a stoner.

I totally agree with that. I rather be missing out on getting 'stoned'. I really don't know what's there to gain by getting high all the time, it's a waste of time, health and life.
f00lishhhh
It seems to be a rite of passage these days. I first smoked weed aged 14. After two years of continued, albeit occasional use, I've stopped using, mainly because I've become more aware of the responsibility I have over my own life. It didn't affect my school life... I got all A grades in my GCSEs (British qualifications for 14-16) year olds), but it affected my social life a great deal. I have some very mixed feelings about it to be honest. Sometimes I wonder if the government has successfully brainwashed me into thinking marijuana is pure evil. All in all, I don't regret the experience. I still have friends from my pot-head days, and thankfully they never pressure me into using again. They are also great people to enjoy conversation with.

But if I had to describe the reason I stopped, it would be because I prefer being completely aware of my surroundings. To do anything to hinder my clear thought doesn't seem rational to me.
Solon_Poledourus
I'll just say very simply that I endorse the legalization of of the canibus plant for all uses, and for various reasons.
The argument of whether or not it's good or bad for you is beside the point. Every day drinking of Mountain Dew has far worse side effects, both long and short term, on your body than marijuana ever will, yet there will never be a ban on Mountain Dew. And plenty of people drink that stuff non-stop.
That is one example of many. But like I said, the risk/health argument is kind of a moot point. The real issue is why the canibus plant is illegal, and why governments have gone to such great lengths to demonize something that is no more a risk to ones' body and mind than a million other things which governments endorse, and quite often manufacture themselves.
One only has to do a bit of research to discover the awful truth behind why governments around the world instituted social brainwashing campaign in order to force the belief that marijuana smoking could lead to death, which is how they originally sold the idea in the early part of the 20th century. In the government sanctioned propogandist movie Reefer Madness, a teenage pot smoker ends up murdering his parents, and the use of marijuana is blamed for his actions.
Why did they want people to believe it was a violence inducing drug that could turn normal people into murderous, crazed, sociopaths?
Follow that line of questioning and see where it leads. You may be really shocked.
flytye4life
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
I'll just say very simply that I endorse the legalization of of the canibus plant for all uses, and for various reasons.
The argument of whether or not it's good or bad for you is beside the point. Every day drinking of Mountain Dew has far worse side effects, both long and short term, on your body than marijuana ever will, yet there will never be a ban on Mountain Dew. And plenty of people drink that stuff non-stop.
That is one example of many. But like I said, the risk/health argument is kind of a moot point. The real issue is why the canibus plant is illegal, and why governments have gone to such great lengths to demonize something that is no more a risk to ones' body and mind than a million other things which governments endorse, and quite often manufacture themselves.
One only has to do a bit of research to discover the awful truth behind why governments around the world instituted social brainwashing campaign in order to force the belief that marijuana smoking could lead to death, which is how they originally sold the idea in the early part of the 20th century. In the government sanctioned propogandist movie Reefer Madness, a teenage pot smoker ends up murdering his parents, and the use of marijuana is blamed for his actions.
Why did they want people to believe it was a violence inducing drug that could turn normal people into murderous, crazed, sociopaths?
Follow that line of questioning and see where it leads. You may be really shocked.
Solon_Poledourus
flytye4life wrote:
Solon_Poledourus wrote:

Here I am trying to promote the legalization of canibus, and you exemplify the reasons it is illegal in the first place.
Got any thoughts on my post? Or do you just arbitrarily quote people for the sake of fri$ ?
deanhills
I was just wondering how many politicians in the eighties and nineties bit the bullet when overzealous media discovered that they had smoked pot. There seems to be some bad connatations associated with people who smoke marijuana, sort of a deficiency of character which makes people unacceptable for a government position. Perhaps this is now getting more sane, and I have a feeling that marijuana will be legalized soon. Possibly there would be an age limitation, but people who stand for Government office may no longer have to worry as they used to do years ago for "being found out" in a scandalous way.