FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Me Thinks....






Did you like the suggestion ?
YES
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
NO
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Couldn't understand it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm neutral
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Sunny
Although I don't think admins will like this idea (by what I understand of their policy). But I feel strong about it.


I'm trying to relate 3 issues/problems and suggest a solution for it.

1) Frih$ have no real value, no matter how many you have.

2) All members need is occasional posts, anywhere in forum to keep the hosting.Consider a member xyz posting occasionally and using full 250 mb. If average space used by a member is 20 mb then he is using 12 members space without contributing in the forum much.

3) With 250 to every new member and considering existing members keep adding stuff to their sites highly dominated by forums and other highly resource consuming scripts. . We will get short of webspace with server load only rising high.

I suggest frihost should give 50-250 space (instead of 250) and 3-10gb (instead of 10) bandwidth , means 50 as starting and you can buy more using your frih's and upgrade up to 250. Same goes with bandwidth.

Pros.

1) Frih's$ will have a real value now, I don't think any extra scripting is compulsory for this. Admins can make a dummy member as "Accounts Manager" and one could donate to that account to buy.

2) If whole idea is to post to keep your hosting, then active members should get some more benefits as compare to who are not? Active members will have enough frih$ to buy more space.and this will make more members active.

3) With space limited to 50 mb, one might consider deleting unnecessary files/scripts from their account.

4) For existing members if you go in negative your account will be set to 50. then warnings etc as usual

Cons

250 Mb attracts more members then 50 but that's why i said to name it 50-250 or could be just "up to 250"
Jeff_vella_leone
man i agree with u that frish must have some value but i dont agree making it 50 man its too low and it will attract less ppl to the forum
i think that the idea is good but instead of 50 it should be 150 then buying 50 with ur frish with a price like 30 frish for it i think it should be fine
but nice idea
Sunny
Quote:
but i dont agree making it 50 man its too low


Sir a site with html and flash requires less then 1 mb space.

A nuke site which already has phbb forum with few email accounts shouldnt take more then 30mb

50 is more then enough. and key point is

if you are active you don't have to worry about how low 50 is.

if you are not then you don't deserve to have more.

right now its like either you have hosting or you don't, there should be something in between too.


+ 1 more point I just thought about is, it will create little but of hipe (reason for gmail sucess). afterall "Bondings wants us to post"
tidruG
Another major con is that having to have FRIH$ to get more bandwidth will invite a LOT of spam. This idea, I think, has been discussed many times before, but it's always been rejected for this same reason.

Firstly, just because you are entitled to 250 mb doesn't mean that 250 mb is specifically set aside, it is just alloted to you.... if you use up only 5 MB, then the remaining 245 mb is used by other users... this doesn't mean that your space is limited, it just means that no space is going to waste.

Apart from that, coming back to the spam thing... even if people spam, we cannot reduce their FRIH$.... generally, spam posts are just removed to the Spam Can, and aren't deleted, so the total number of posts of the user doesn't go down, and nor does the FRIH$ he has already earned for that spam post. So, people will spam away to 250 MB...

Apart from that, Bondings has this policy of giving everyone the same package Very Happy... helps keep things equal for everyone... no favouring and no squabbling for extra space/bandwidth Very Happy
Jack_Hammer
There have been many other suggestions along the same lines as what you are suggesting, which I'm sure the mods have answerd numerous times over.
Monkeydog
I don't know I think if they did that fewer new people would come.I saw many sites that did stuff like that and didn't join them because I wanted a lot of space quick...thats why I joined Frihost(even tho by the thime I did anything I had hecka posts >.>)
LostOverThere
I disagree to all of them, sorry.
I beleive (and Bondings does too) that everyone should get the same package.
Nameless
I personally believe that everyone should get the same stuff. We don't want to encourage spam. TO make people post more and more will just get really annoying.

However, I do think that users with a LOT of frih$ (say, 1000 or something) should have the option to upgrade further, if they *need* the extra space for some reason, and if all their posts have been good.
myth-plan
Sunny wrote:
I suggest frihost should give 50-250 space (instead of 250) and 3-10gb (instead of 10) bandwidth , means 50 as starting and you can buy more using your frih's and upgrade up to 250. Same goes with bandwidth.


Great idea !!!
Jeff_vella_leone
Sunny wrote:
Quote:
but i dont agree making it 50 man its too low


Sir a site with html and flash requires less then 1 mb space.

A nuke site which already has phbb forum with few email accounts shouldnt take more then 30mb

50 is more then enough. and key point is

if you are active you don't have to worry about how low 50 is.

if you are not then you don't deserve to have more.

"


Sunny i beleave that u dont know if someone is gonna make a site that needs more than 50 or not and in my case it will need more
I am active but maybe i need the frish for something else than spending them on upgrade and u know what im talking about
on the other hand im ready to pay for upgrade but not to start from 50
and tridruG with 150 it will be more than enough u wont have more spam than u have allready lol 150 is cool still at top of free hosting servers
so i dont c the problem
and for those who like things equal i disagree it not fair for those who participate making things equal but i beleive that good free hosters should have somethig more and having to upgrade with some frish will make it cool and easy. In an economy those who work get paid and those who doest work cos they r lazy doest, it wont be fair to pay everyone and the same thing is happening here. 30-50 frish for 50 mb more is cheep come on guys u can get in 20 posts like in 2 weeks or less i think its fair enough
it wont be fair if everyone has the same in my openion
ty for reply

im just adding this:
making it 150-250 instead of 250 will help however little the host server HD to get less chance of beeing overloaded
however not much but at least it helps
n0obie4life
I use lesser than 100mb b/w / mth. Lol Razz.

But the disk space I used is alot, yet to clear up..I have 3 phpBB Forums (and all are phpBB 2.0.16 installed through fantastico because of my laziness) for beta testing of mods...

Don't think Bondings would accept that suggestion doh, he likes fairness among humans (although his an alien Smile)
Daniel15
Quote:

3) With 250 to every new member and considering existing members keep adding stuff to their sites highly dominated by forums and other highly resource consuming scripts. . We will get short of webspace with server load only rising high.


I just thought of this: If every single member of FriHost used their full 250MB, would the hard drive on the server be full?
babumuchhala
daniel15 wrote:
I just thought of this: If every single member of FriHost used their full 250MB, would the hard drive on the server be full?
The server would crash.

I know the HDD size but, havent got the permission to reveal it Wink
gonzo
Why not "sell" me you're free 200megs and I'll give you some FRI$. Then maybe with less space you'd not not be required to interact as much.

Cool
n0obie4life
gonzo wrote:
Why not "sell" me you're free 200megs and I'll give you some FRI$. Then maybe with less space you'd not not be required to interact as much.

Cool


150 Megs Razz
Jeff_vella_leone
ahh Sad no one has yet replied to my post not enen commenting if he disagrees or not
bondings or any other moderator can u pls tell me if my idea (Sunny too) is good or not or if it has any chances of beeing discussed between the moderators
ty for replies
tidruG
Personally, I think your idea is not too bad... to give the good posters some extra space or bandwidth... however, I think not all the good Frihosters should automatically be given extra space... I think they should be given the option to upgrade the accounts if they see fit.

Don't worry, all suggestions will be discussed. We always discuss all suggestions with Bondings. I just haven't replied because there were so many people asking the same thing, and I've given the same replies to all of them.... "Your idea is good, we'll discuss it with Bondings and decide what's best..." and all these ideas are currently constantly being discussed with Bondings Very Happy
babumuchhala
Maybe Bondings could start a site PRIhost (Paid Reliable Internet Hosting) where he could say give 500 MB web space & 25 GB bandwidth for say $5~$10 per month Smile

But for that maybe he might have to get a new server & blah blah. So i can bet he will scrap this idea. Wink
Sunny
OK, I holded my post so i could see everyone's opinion.

I think 1 point raised by most was

Quote:
Apart from that, Bondings has this policy of giving everyone the same package ... helps keep things equal for everyone... no favouring and no squabbling for extra space/bandwidth


I never said to give different packeges to members, I'm very impartial person myself or may be I couldn't explain it well, let me try again using an example. What if an ice cream shop is giving 1 ice cream to everyone free, but one of the ice cream lover (just like me) buys 1 more from his own pocket. So he has 2..is it impartiality on the company's part?


tidrug wrote


Quote:
Another major con is that having to have FRIH$ to get more bandwidth will invite a LOT of spam.


Yes I agree sir, But arn't we still dealing with it and no matter what real value we choose for frih$'s that will be an issue. Guess we can think about how to counter spam as seprate topic. (offtopic but..) I've seen a phpbb module as "reputation" where moderators can add or redue the rating depending on the quality of posts one is making, like reduce rating for spam posts. No. of posts doesn't gives a good indication as many seem to post to almost every topic they read.You think memebers will be motivated to make quality posts more just to have better rating?

Quote:
Sunny i beleave that u dont know if someone is gonna make a site that needs more than 50 or not


Well if one installs every script in fantastico he might cross 250 may be. But 50 is enough to host sites. and there's always an easy way to upgrade.

After reading everyone's opinion I think the answer depends on few stats which we are unaware of, like..

1) How many members are using space above lets say 50 or 60. If not many then one wouldn't want to lose the advantage of "250mb package". (sounds attractive as compared to 50mb) just for few mbs.

2) How much space left in HD too . I'm not sure if current revenues will be able to help bondings upgrade or buy new servers. But if we got enough then running out of space might not be an issue.

Bondings didnt reply in this thread but I wonder if hes also worried about 1 more negative point that no one pointed out...we might be making the system bit too complex, already we get dozens of ? about frih's and points.
tidruG
Sunny, 2 things
1. Don't call me Sir. I think you're older than me, and it kinda makes me uncomfortable Very Happy
2. Your points are valid. I've alerted Bondings about this thread... look out for his reply in the next few minutes (probably)
Bondings
Excuse me, but I thought I had already replied to this thread. Apparantly I didn't.

I won't make different plans because:
1)People who need it will start spamming even more.
2)The required posts per month for the basic plan will most likely go down.
3)I would like to give everyone the same plan.
4)It would get quite complicated and confusing.
5)Much more work for the account creators.
Jack_Hammer
babumuchhala wrote:
Maybe Bondings could start a site PRIhost (Paid Reliable Internet Hosting) where he could say give 500 MB web space & 25 GB bandwidth for say $5~$10 per month Smile

But for that maybe he might have to get a new server & blah blah. So i can bet he will scrap this idea. Wink


That in my opinion (nowadays anyway) is far to much for hosting that a year is about what I would call the price but it's too much per month.
sonam
I thing that SPAM is necessary if everyone have same duty. I am pretty sure that only few users use more than 200 Mb of space or 8 Gb of traffic. OK, now we can look points and hosting. Every frihoster on start get preset points on 45. Bondings need post for saving frihost, and he don't want easy to change this rules. Question: How to prevent SPAM and get quality posts? I don't know really answer, but I have an idea. In this table below I am divided users in three groups.

Quote:
1. 200 - 250 or 7 - 10
2. 10 - 200 or 1 - 7
3. 0 - 10 or 0 - 1


1. The most users (that is my point of view) is in second group, and for this group can stay -1 point every day.

2. For users with 200 Mb or more used space OR more then 7 Gb used traffic, frihost can deducted -1.2 point every day. Also, frihost can offer only for that users space or traffic upgrade, with frih$ or with US$. In that way anyone did not SPAM in forum, and hurry for unnecessary space or traffic. Also, some of users will clean their unused files.

3. Third group is for small sites with small amount of traffic. Frihost can deducted from them 0.7 point every day (or much better 0.1 Razz ) for limited time of six months or one year. After that period they will exceed in second group. In that case, new frihoster members will have more time to establish their sites, follow forum rules, read forum posting, stop with posting same questions, and enjoy frihost community.

But, how to stop SPAM from all groups? I am not for SPAM punishment but in some situation (e.g. ten one-word posting) maybe Bondings can reduce some points from spamer. Good idea is to give some plus points from Bondings (on moderators recommendation) for very quality post (like this one Wink ).

Sonam
Jeff_vella_leone
this going to be a big post
first of all i will reply to the ppl that replied to this topic

tidruG wrote:
Personally, I think your idea is not too bad... to give the good posters some extra space or bandwidth... however, I think not all the good Frihosters should automatically be given extra space... I think they should be given the option to upgrade the accounts if they see fit.


so tidrug u misunderstood what we were talking about we never said that good frihosters will get the extra mb but we (sunny and I) said that they can choose whether to buy the extra mb till 250 thats y 50-250(sunny) and 150-250(as i said) all ppl can buy it if they have the frish so it will keep things equal

Sunny wrote:
Quote:
Sunny i beleave that u dont know if someone is gonna make a site that needs more than 50 or not


Well if one installs every script in fantastico he might cross 250 may be. But 50 is enough to host sites. and there's always an easy way to upgrade.


Lol u just confirmed what i said i.e. u can't know if someoe gonna use more, no one knows
I think 50 is enough but to make things for more sure that new frihsters get more than eough Mb its better to do it 150Mb in my openion
the only valid reason i can c y u sunny want it 50 and its not accepted a 150 is because u want to make a difference betwwen active frihosters and
those who r not. (That not my main goal)
But u r a little mistaken ur not considering those new frihosters that would have a webpages allready done taking about 100 mb and need the host only and there r much today too. Y should they need to wait to get the frish needed to upgrade to 100 mb. Thats a little unfair and thats y
Quote:
Apart from that, Bondings has this policy of giving everyone the same package ... helps keep things equal for everyone... no favouring and no squabbling for extra space/bandwidth
(Bonding had a post at the beginig that said that he likes things equal but apperently it has been deleted, i know it cos i read this topic about 15 times lol)
in fact Bondings is right on that point but with everyone getting a 150-250 will keep things equal i dont think that there r any new frihosters that have the webpages ready and takes more than 150, its preety hard
If there r i will talk about it in the spaming part of this post

now we come to Bondings reasons y this idea should not be implemented
Disadvantages
Bondings wrote:

I won't make different plans because:
1)People who need it will start spamming even more.
2)The required posts per month for the basic plan will most likely go down.
3)I would like to give everyone the same plan.
4)It would get quite complicated and confusing.
5)Much more work for the account creators.


Replies:

1)if things r set as sunny said in his first post(50-250) yes i agree ppl will start spammming even more as sunny agreed.
making it 150-250 will reduce spam a lot but still u will have more spam than there is allready
a solution to this, that i can think of is to make the cost in frish higher for the upgrade
i beleave that the higher the cost for the upgrade the less spam u get (dont rush just read to the next few lines)
There r 3 ways i can see, how a frihoster can get frish for upgrade cos he needs more than 150mb (remember only very few frihosters need more than 150mb like 10% or less of all frihosters and only 20% most of those 10% cant afford it so we r talking about 1%(2% most) of all frihosters)
a) Spam
lets have an example; if the upgrade is set to 100 frish per 50 mb then this guy got to spam 100 frish right Now as u all know for a guy to spam like 90 posts taking avrage of 1.2 frish on each post of spam is very hard, boring, time consuming and most of all its nearly impossible spaming 90 posts without beeing baned from frihost
Just an advice, a warning should be done at the forum main page in the middle like WHO SPAM GETS BANNED INSTANTLY just to reduce some spam

b) this guy could post(as bondings wants) in the Free Hosting Support to get help how to reduce the space usage of his site like using less fantastico and learn more about creating a site with the help of the support and obviosly it will result in more posts and in less usage of space
very good for Bondings

c) this guy could go in the Marketplace and do 2 or 3 banners, logos, intos or any other service for frish that will be less time consuming,risky etc.. than spam and in the meanwhile he is posting(as Bonding wants lol), he is doing something to learn and get practice, he is keeping the Marketplace more active and he is helping the other frihosters in their needs.

what im saying that i dont think u wont get any more spam than u allready have if this idea is applied, it wouldnt be worthed for the spammer. I bet, that everyone would opt to point b its the easyest way and 150 are preety much as sunny said 50 r enough but 150 will mostlikely hit everyone.

2) i dont really uderstand this point
i dont know how could the required post go down, i more beleave that it wont be effactived at all cos instead of frish beeing there as a barter system in the market place they r now havig a value which will revive the market place and thus make higher the value of frish, posts arent involved in it at all the frish from those posts will be effected not the number of posts more i think that the number of posts monthly will go up (not the required post will go up)

3) if the system is implied everyone will have the same plan (hard to acceed the 150 limit it can work the same as 250 limit) just who needs more space can just buy the upgrade with frish or use the methods b and c i mentiond in the spam reply

4) maybe a little it can be complicated in the begining for the newbie of the forum but if its incuded in the FAQ and in some sticky topics it should go fine
its not that complicated, if u want more space u can buy it its easy

5) ahh yes this one i agree, its true there will be more work for the account creators
but if its organised it wont take much work
first there r only 10% or less of the frihosters applying for the upgrade (as i allready explained before) it wont give so much work than, if a new moderator is elected or 2 for this job it would be more than enough

in my openion, only point 5 and maybe point 2(cos i dont understand it well) r valid disadvantages

now we go to the advantages

1) this will lead to making the frish have some value that will lead to increase the value of frish in the market and thus makeing ppl work more willingly i the market for frish not just to practice their skills
i beleave that this will help much frihost
this is my main reason y i wrote this essay lol
2) Less space will be used from freehosters cos they will try to reduce the space used by their site by deleting unnecessary files not saying i have space leave it there
3) active members will get more happy because they dont need to worry cos they can efford it easyly and know that they r like rewarded for their participation in the forum
4) It will surly increase the posts in the Free Hosting Support and in the Marketplace
5) it will probably decrease the points and frish suggestions, we allready had enough of them
i beleave that frihost has a lot of suggestions on frish and points cos its a week point in frihost and every new member notices it, this idea could make frihost weak point vanish and seen a more organised forum

i personally think as a member of frihost that here the avantages are worthed the disadvantages 5 vs 1 or 5 vs 2
but im a member and maybe the admin that pays the bills looks at it in an other way
he can c it that y should he have the hassel to modify a good working plan that is allready gaining members everyday for those advantages
(that could be a reason y they call them crazy ideas lol)
bondings ty for ur reply
when i read them 1 after the other realy switched me off lol then i took them 1 by 1 and manage to find a way to explain my reasoning, hope u understand it unless u dont get bored reading it lol
maybe it was too long
Bondings
Quote:
2) i dont really uderstand this point

This is what I meant. Instead of 1 Point per day to 0.7 to 0.1 per day.
sonam wrote:
3. Third group is for small sites with small amount of traffic. Frihost can deducted from them 0.7 point every day (or much better 0.1 Razz ) for limited time of six months or one year. After that period they will exceed in second group. In that case, new frihoster members will have more time to establish their sites, follow forum rules, read forum posting, stop with posting same questions, and enjoy frihost community.
tidruG
Quote:
so tidrug u misunderstood what we were talking about we never said that good frihosters will get the extra mb but we (sunny and I) said that they can choose whether to buy the extra mb till 250 thats y 50-250(sunny) and 150-250(as i said) all ppl can buy it if they have the frish so it will keep things equal

I understood your point. But even otherwise, you still need to post a lot to get the FRIH$ to buy more space. That will definitely create spammers.

A suggestion can be to offer the option to "buy" more space to only those people who the admins or the moderators think post "good quality" posts, then we'll have members PMing us and posting questions all over the forums as to why their posts were not "good quality". Apart from that, there could be disagreements between the staff members themselves about who's got good posts and who's not. I think that's just too much trouble to go to...

I think this simple plan of giving everyone 250 MB, and deducting a point every day is just fine... working very well so far. I still fail to see how you can use up 250 mb, unless you have a lot of multimedia.
Jeff_vella_leone
first ty for ur quick reply Bonding and Tidrug

Bondings wrote:
Quote:
2) i dont really uderstand this point

This is what I meant. Instead of 1 Point per day to 0.7 to 0.1 per day.
sonam wrote:
3. Third group is for small sites with small amount of traffic. Frihost can deducted from them 0.7 point every day (or much better 0.1 Razz ) for limited time of six months or one year. After that period they will exceed in second group. In that case, new frihoster members will have more time to establish their sites, follow forum rules, read forum posting, stop with posting same questions, and enjoy frihost community.


Now i know y i havent undertood it lol
for me it doesnt make much sens
first of all i think ur saying it will go down because if from 250 it goes to 150 then u have to reduce that too, lol i say u dont need to reduce anything , when a member joins frihost he doenst know the reducing method -1 for 150 or - 1 for 250 for him its the same, wont make any difference. I dont suggest u touch the -1 everyday
its just too much of a hassel for no use (-1 is allready a little low )
i beleave that it doesnt matter whether the frihoster is using 1 mb or 250 mb he is still beeing offered a 250. Now its his choice whether to use them all or not and thus frihost is not going deduct points according to his usage but its deducting according to the offer frihost its giving
ex if im buying an internet service for 1 month like monthly pay and u have all time internet for that month
its not important whether i use the internet all days or just dont use it at all i still have to pay for the service
this applies for what we r saying
now we r talking about making it 150-250 instead of just 250 what difference could that make to the points deduction per day
i mean the same reasonning could be applied for the 250 (the system now frihost is using) im just saying that 250 and 150 won't make any difference to the points deduction
if anyone still will like to have the hassle to change the points deduction, do it then but the points deduction according to the space usage could have been applied much before this topic was opend or even not applied at all. This idea won't effect the point deduction method.
now its confirmed point 2 isnt a valid disadvantage neighter

tidruG wrote:
Quote:
so tidrug u misunderstood what we were talking about we never said that good frihosters will get the extra mb but we (sunny and I) said that they can choose whether to buy the extra mb till 250 thats y 50-250(sunny) and 150-250(as i said) all ppl can buy it if they have the frish so it will keep things equal

I understood your point. But even otherwise, you still need to post a lot to get the FRIH$ to buy more space. That will definitely create spammers.

A suggestion can be to offer the option to "buy" more space to only those people who the admins or the moderators think post "good quality" posts, then we'll have members PMing us and posting questions all over the forums as to why their posts were not "good quality". Apart from that, there could be disagreements between the staff members themselves about who's got good posts and who's not. I think that's just too much trouble to go to...

I think this simple plan of giving everyone 250 MB, and deducting a point every day is just fine... working very well so far. I still fail to see how you can use up 250 mb, unless you have a lot of multimedia.


first i think that ur suggestion will lead to chaos as u said, thats y its useless
tidruG i dont think u have read well the spam point i tot i was clear enough on that point i tot pls read again
i understand that in theory what ur saying is right but when we come to practice its different (just read the next few lines)
so let add something to make it clear; only 2% most of frihosters will have the reason to spam
now as u may immagine its very easy to detect spam and everyone knows that if someone is caught spamming more than 10 post is risking to loose the free web host so how many frihoster u think will take the risk to spam all the way up to 90 posts i beleave very few or none
i beleave that spam will occour but not for the upgrade reason
Just a question:
Did u ever c someone spamming more than 30 posts without beeing banned, or even arriving more than 50 without beeing banned?
All the time i was in frihost i never saw more than 5 spam post from the same guy, so dot u think that for the spammer is a lot impossible to reach 90 post of spam, everyone would give up
so lets say that out of the 2% most that need more than 150Mb 40% most are spammers and lets say that 20% most of those spammers have the balls to spam all the way to 90 posts knowing they will be banned if caught and loose the web host
so here we r saying about 40% of 2% r spammers (guys ready to spam for frish) that makes 0.8% of all free hosters
so 20% of 0.8% will spam that will make like 0.16% max of all frihosters that will spam cos of this idea
now if any spam will occour it will be from those 0.16% MAX of all frihosters cos im taking the maximum possiblities so most probably it will be much more less than that.
so for these few spammers if there going to be any spammers at all, u dont agree with this idea and prefair to loose the advantages it offers
I dont think its worthed to loose the advantages for 2 or 3 spammers.
I hope i was as clear as diemonds about the spam thing now
this idea wont make more spam than that we allready have, when we come to practice
ahh just to remined i think that it realy helps a lot if a writing in the middle of the forum main page abouts spam is included
for new members they dont know how serios spam is for frihost so try to make it clear pls cos i see only posts complaining about spam when everyone hates it i dont think the right warnings r displayed
ty for reading and reply
Sunny
WOW lof of reading to do! I skipped some hehehe

Jeff I think Admins don't want to make the system too complicated. Not everyone is adult here and already we see so many supid questions like "this host supports html?" "how do i get hosting" .I think It will double up the work of admins to keep track of everything.

I started this post and pointed out 2 negiatives spam and complications, Although there are many advantages of the suggestion but those 2 seem to dominate others. and It is infact difficult to tell if a post is spam. for eg.

"How do I make a subdomain" <<tell me if this is spam or not, well if the poster already knows.. it is & if he doesn't then its not. and we can't find out untill we run a lie detector test. All I can say is I hope admins have the ideas/planning in their mind how to tackle the the running out of space problem which may arise in future.
tidruG
Sunny wrote:
Jeff I think Admins don't want to make the system too complicated. ......
.
.
I started this post and pointed out 2 negiatives spam and complications, Although there are many advantages of the suggestion but those 2 seem to dominate others.

BINGO! That's the only reason I'm against it. These 2 disadvantages dominate everything else, including all the advantages.

Sunny wrote:
All I can say is I hope admins have the ideas/planning in their mind how to tackle the the running out of space problem which may arise in future.

That's up to Bondings... maybe if we generate enough money to buy another server and then another HD or something, we can offer some extra space to some of the members.
Jack_Hammer
I would think that a rewarding system wher epeople that don't abuse the system should get rewarded though the big problem with that is that it is hard to get a system that will easly work and not invite spam and abuse!?
Jeff_vella_leone
Sunny wrote:
WOW lof of reading to do! I skipped some hehehe

Jeff I think Admins don't want to make the system too complicated. Not everyone is adult here and already we see so many supid questions like "this host supports html?" "how do i get hosting" .I think It will double up the work of admins to keep track of everything.

I started this post and pointed out 2 negiatives spam and complications, Although there are many advantages of the suggestion but those 2 seem to dominate others. and It is infact difficult to tell if a post is spam. for eg.

"How do I make a subdomain" <<tell me if this is spam or not, well if the poster already knows.. it is & if he doesn't then its not. and we can't find out untill we run a lie detector test. All I can say is I hope admins have the ideas/planning in their mind how to tackle the the running out of space problem which may arise in future.


ok ok ok i feel a little down lol
but much more because in partialy i agree with what ur saying is the main reason im feeling so down lol
most likely u skipped the spam part then lol
first i dont think that the system will be too complicated with this idea
its just 150 and if u want more u can buy and not that much complicated for anyone to understand ppl asking those patetic question will still be asking them if this idea is implied or not, and just to keep on the same line, then if this idea is not implied cos of children asking more questions then no idea can be implied cos ppl will ask more questios so y r the suggestions even there just to talk about it ow come on (man it doesnt make sens this part of ur post) i dont think that it will give more trouble to the admins to keep track questions then what they have allready.

So lets talk about spam again for god sake
damit yes ur right about that, its difficult to detect spam, the example u made was a perfect example of the hardest spam to detect which maily are those who start the topic.
(I never intended to give ideas how to reduce the spam prolem but it seems that every new idea about frish is never accepted cos of this reason so i try to do something about it, hope this helps guys)
what am i saying here? im saying that what happes in frihost is that if i want to spam i just start a new topic asking a question or asking for help or just mentioning a movie,game etc so this will lead to an easy way to spam without having any problems
on the other hand when u reply to an other topic and u want to spam than its much harder and time consuming and its much easyer to be cought
(suny example is a new topic and must be placed in the frihost support)

so sunny ur right in what ur saying i agree with u but if a solution is made to your point im saying that if a new idea to reduce spam and help to detect spammers comes up would it solve one of the biggest disadvantages ur saying of
i just come up with an idea that in my openion its not bad u gave me the clue about it lol ty

so the idea is this
if we eliminate the spam on new topics
immagine no more spammers making new topics to spam just replies
how could this be done?
its easy, what do spammers want? Frish right
so if we get 0 frish for making a new topic i think that would solve ur spam problem sunny and would reduce spam a lot that is what frihost needs too
reason y making new topics shouldnt get frish

the reason is that who makes a new topic is not interested in the frish earned for it but more
* for the help needed
* for discussing an iteresting subject
* giving help
* ask some questions that would help the forum
* many other small things
but surly not for the frish that is called more like spam

so i beleave that who makes new topics doesnt need the frish
like this only replies will give frish and other donate things so this will help much to reduce spam
now obviosly someone will say but questions like sunny's example arent said in new topics only
yes i agree but obviosly these if they r replies they r much easyer to detect
ex if i want to know something
1. i try to find if there is a topic about my subject (usually spammers won't waste time searching if the same topic allready exists, they just find any topic and try to post there)
2. i try to c if anyone allready asked my question or if anyone ansered it indirectly (usually spammers wont read all posts searching for the anser so in their post they will make some repetitions that r easyly noted by who made the topic)
3. when i ask the question i will refair to other previous post and y they didt anser my question (cos i would have read the previous posts while a spammer most likely wont)

what im tryen to say here is that if ur making a new topic its much harder to detect if im spaming or not cos i can ask what ever i want no restrictions, no hassel, easy spam; whilst when i have to reply its harder much harder and much easyer to detect
now as u can immagine there r spammers that try to read everything to make sure they r not cought and those r the spammers that r really impossible to see but because they r reading and making good post even if they spam(they only want the frish) they r still contributing and helping so they arent much of harm in my openion.

if this idea about the spam problem is not accepted too then the big disadvantage of spam will remain there untill someone comes up with a better idea and obviosly till that time no frish and points idea will ever be approved so its hopeless talking more about it
But i really think that this spam idea can work, to reduce much spam and/or get banned much of the spammers (at first) at least.

hope i havent missed any more disadvantages now
ahh sunny nice talking u realy left me Shocked (said to myself ****** he is right lol) mostly because i didnt think that frihost was finding it so hard to detect and reduce spam
then i finally manage to fined a solution lol
thank u for replies
Jeff_vella_leone
first i want to say to sunny that after 3 days and readig again all posts maked me realise that even the second part of ur post is not that good as i tought
i will anser u question now

Sunny wrote:
"How do I make a subdomain" <<tell me if this is spam or not, well if the poster already knows.. it is & if he doesn't then its not. and we can't find out untill we run a lie detector test.


lol, it doesnt matter if its a spam or not,it has the same result
(lol he isnt lieing too, so lie detector fails too)
i will explain myself
first if its not a spam it will help frihost to increase its knoladge , more knolage, more will make frihost attract members that need answers
second if its a spam, whats the difference?
There is NO difference
In both cases it will be good for frihost and we can't ever know if its a spam or not but it doesnt really matter cos its a good question

sunny only good questions could be categorised in this way
if it was a bad question
ex: Do u prefair haveing 2 Pc's at home?
than it is easy to say that its a spam but still there is some doubt in my openion because the guy posting maybe he really wants to know who r the ppl that has 2 pc allready and who not, so he could hack the main pc with the info in it lol (i know it was too exagerated but it could happen)
in this case it wont be a spam lol
but taken forgranted that 90% its a spam
so sunny it depends on the question,whether the question was allready done & answered, where did post it, how long it is, whether he gives good explaination, etc that will lead to know if a question is spam or not.
in any case, whatever the question, if the aim of the spammer is cut out (the idea i metioned about the guy creating the topic doesnt get points and frish for the creation only) then it would solve about 50% of all spam in frihost including those few new spammers caused by this topic suggestion if its implied
i havent seen yet any replies here after 3 days and no one ever said im wrong in what im saying without beeing answered back and showed him my reasons.
the only valid reason y this suggestion shouldnt be done is point 5 bondings mentioned and in my openion its not a big disadvantage, surly not to pay for all the advantages

if someone else finds an other disadvantage i will be ready to reply, both if he is right and both if he is wrong, allthough im not having the same treatment Confused

im realy am starting to think that lot of ppl here have a little Prejudism towars the points and frish suggestions not because they r all rejected im saying so but because the replies im receiving they r all the same SPAM and they don't tell the reasons y spam will increase
i allready explaind the spam problem too well i dont think there r more valid reasons
for now only sunny gave me a reason not so valid but at least convincing in the begining
hope i have more replies on this topic
ty for reading all the post not skipping half Smile
Jeff_vella_leone
omg i uderstand that maybe frihosters wont reply to this topic cos it a big topic, cos the suggestion has many deep reflections that were ansered in compositions lol but i can't understand y no moderator or admin that has interest to improve frihost didnt reply yet
this suggestion was more like ignored

* one explanation to this is that all moderators r too busy to reply to this post allthough a week has passed from my last post (i dont thik this is true)
* an other could be that they dont want to read all the reply cos it too long (dont think its true)
* an other is that they dont want the hasel to chage a good working method to a new one even if its a better method (allthough it not changing the method it just a small modification)
* an other reason is that they just don't want to chage the method and they don't know an other valid reason y it should not be implied, so till that time they find one or a better suggestion they just ignore the suggestion
* an other and i hope its this the reason is that they think they have replied to this suggestion and unluckyly they didnt see that i have replied bk

so i just want to be replied and i want to know if this suggestion is going to be implied or not and if not i wish to know y (i hope it not something i have mentioned and explained so read well before reply)
if not, i will reply anyway to agree or disagree with the Reason y it will not be implemented
Ty for reading and reply
n0obie4life
and you didn't have to post 3 posts.
Jack_Hammer
He's right you could of put all of that into one post
Wink
Jeff_vella_leone
n0obie4life wrote:
and you didn't have to post 3 posts.



Mad some ppl really know how to piss off other ppl
so after 4 hrs of cooling down
n0obie4life u *** ** * ***** if u did have a only a look at the post u would have noticed they arent posted at the same time one even a week after
all the 3 post have some extra content not metioned and the last one was a post of complaint if u didnt realise
but my real aim is to make good moderators, (that when they get in forum click the link view posts till last visit and see what they r assigned to, and reply if needed too) see the suggestion because it was skipped for some reason for ******2 WHOLE WEEKS
would u ever think to answer a topic that no new reply was added till ur last visit to it? WOULD YOU?
there r 1000's of topics here i dont think that every moderator looks at them all, all the time he goes online so if he is a good moderator he would look at the one not yet seen only ( the new posts )
so my intention was to get noticed not to earn any frish from it *******
and the thing that pisses me off most is that u didnt even dare to read the replies u *** ** * ***** because if u had read them u would know what replies i pretended to have not this **** u posted. I consider more ur reply as spam, now i know y ur nick is like that, urs and that ******* of Jack_Hammer u both r noobs that just wated to point out a spam without even knowing how to detect spam.
And the second reason of those seperate post so i have the proof of the time that my posts werent replied because the dates r listed there.
ITS UNBELIEVABLE Evil or Very Mad
I WANT SOME SERIOUS REPLIES
ty for attetion Mad and replies Evil or Very Mad

EDIT:

Jack_Hammer wrote:

One I think you should calm, and two did you miss the 'Edit' button?


ha u say to calm down when u didnt even read the whole posts, did u even read this post
y i didt thouch the edit
wtf just read above and u will know
and a post of complain cant be put with the same topic too is an other reason
y u pic on me for a spam whilst u should tell the admins and moderators to answer this topic
now lets c if u will notice it if i use the edit instead of the new post lets just c how much time will it take u to reply
and wtf i didt even have 1 point for the post because of the PAGE COULD NOT BE DISPLAYED problem *******
Jack_Hammer
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
and you didn't have to post 3 posts.



Mad some ppl really know how to piss off other ppl
so after 4 hrs of cooling down
n0obie4life u *** ** * ***** if u did have a only a look at the post u would have noticed they arent posted at the same time one even a week after
all the 3 post have some extra content not metioned and the last one was a post of complaint if u didnt realise
but my real aim is to make good moderators, (that when they get in forum click the link view posts till last visit and see what they r assigned to, and reply if needed too) see the suggestion because it was skipped for some reason for ******2 WHOLE WEEKS
would u ever think to answer a topic that no new reply was added till ur last visit to it? WOULD YOU?
there r 1000's of topics here i dont think that every moderator looks at them all, all the time he goes online so if he is a good moderator he would look at the one not yet seen only ( the new posts )
so my intention was to get noticed not to earn any frish from it *******
and the thing that pisses me off most is that u didnt even dare to read the replies u *** ** * ***** because if u had read them u would know what replies i pretended to have not this **** u posted. I consider more ur reply as spam, now i know y ur nick is like that, urs and that ******* of Jack_Hammer u both r noobs that just wated to point out a spam without even knowing how to detect spam.
And the second reason of those seperate post so i have the proof of the time that my posts werent replied because the dates r listed there.
ITS UNBELIEVABLE Evil or Very Mad
I WANT SOME SERIOUS REPLIES
ty for attetion Mad and replies Evil or Very Mad


One I think you should calm, and two did you miss the 'Edit' button?
n0obie4life
This post is getting out of hand.

Bondings, feel free to unlock it.

-close-
n0obie4life
Reopened.

Please stop flaming each other Wink.
Jeff_vella_leone
n0obie4life wrote:
Reopened.

Please stop flaming each other Wink.

ma can u delete all the posts from when u accused me onwards , just they are not needed
thank you for the unlocking of the topic ad Jack if u have any problems pm me or n0obie4life for information if ur interested in an answer
good day Smile
Jack_Hammer
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
Reopened.

Please stop flaming each other Wink.

ma can u delete all the posts from when u accused me onwards , just they are not needed
thank you for the unlocking of the topic ad Jack if u have any problems pm me or n0obie4life for information if ur interested in an answer
good day Smile


I'm sorry I'm lost, for an answer to what, I didn't ask a question?
n0obie4life
http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11942

Thanks.
thefilingcabinet
I have to agree with many of the posts above about spamming and everyone getting the same amount of space and bandwith.

But, how about the ability to add our own ssl certificate for secure site sections, maybe anonymous ftp and cron jobs, whatever they are. Wink
Jeff_vella_leone
thefilingcabinet wrote:
I have to agree with many of the posts above about spamming and everyone getting the same amount of space and bandwith.

But, how about the ability to add our own ssl certificate for secure site sections, maybe anonymous ftp and cron jobs, whatever they are. Wink

well dont really think u read anything about the suggestion because u havent even mentioed it once, and y u agree with everyone getting the same amount of space and bandwith? I allready explained this point a few times, have u read it well?
About the second part, well i dont know what are ssl certificate, maybe u are right or wrong about them but what does it have to do with the subject? (if its a new suggestion create a new topic because this topic is completely ignored Crying or Very sad )
Thanks for ur openion
Related topics
Google Messenger
Link issue ok lookie here,
Lawyers and Blondes, oh my!
Man and Women
The Unofficial Jokes Thread
IE 7 to take a cue from Firefox
skin for phpbb
Music website?
LOST
who thinks...
Garfield
Who thinks Rummy should stay?
Western Digital Sata - system thinks it's connected via SCSI
Miss Beverly Hills Thinks God Wants Gays "Put to Death&
Who thinks Fable 3 is a good game?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.