FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


ICC World Cricket Rankings





babumuchhala
  1. Australia 127
  2. England 119
  3. India 111
  4. South Africa 100
  5. New Zealand 100
  6. Sri Lanka 98
  7. Pakistan 95
  8. West Indies 74
  9. Zimbabwe 28
  10. Bangladesh 6



  1. Australia 136
  2. Sri Lanka 123
  3. New Zealand 116
  4. Pakistan 116
  5. South Africa 111
  6. England 109
  7. India 97
  8. West Indies 90
  9. Zimbabwe 44
  10. Bangladesh 14


Source: http://www.icc-cricket.com
noliver
If you feel the need to cut & pase then it should be in the following format :

Quote:

The LG ICC Test Batting Rankings

1 Jacques Kallis AFR

2 Brian Lara WI

3 Rahul Dravid IND

4 Virender Sehwag IND

5 Ricky Ponting AUS

6 Inzamam-ul-Haq

7 Shivnarine Chanderpaul WI

8 Marcus Trescothick ENG

9 Andrew Strauss ENG

10 Graeme Smith AFR



Source : http://www.cricketratings.com/

Anyway, the point of this post is - why are some south african players marked as AFR and some as SA ?
Like Makhaya Ntini below...

Quote:


The LG ICC Test Bowling Rankings

1 Muttiah Muralitharan SL

2 Glenn McGrath AUS

3 Shane Warne AUS

4 Shaun Pollock AFR

5 Makhaya Ntini SA

6 Chaminda Vaas SL

7 Shoaib Akhtar

7 Andrew Flintoff ENG

9 Matthew Hoggard ENG

10 Anil Kumble IND



Source : http://www.cricketratings.com/

In a recent Jaques Kallis Exibition match in south africa - Brain Lara and Jaques Kallis batted together - and it was lovely - until 5 runs later Andre Nel had to spoil the party when he clean-bowled Lara. Party-Pooper ! Smile

Have a Nice Day !
bigdan
I wonder how long we'll be number one for... Confused Especially after our performances in the Ashes...
noliver
Hehehe - WE ? I guess you mean the Aussies.
Hmm, well from where I sit your team seems to be very heavily influenced by the media/politics. Dennis Lillee sitting on the sidelines and making snide remarks does not help either. So I think they just need to "gather the team together again " and they will be okay.
bigdan
noliver wrote:
Hehehe - WE ? I guess you mean the Aussies.
Hmm, well from where I sit your team seems to be very heavily influenced by the media/politics. Dennis Lillee sitting on the sidelines and making snide remarks does not help either. So I think they just need to "gather the team together again " and they will be okay.


That's right...I should've pointed that out... Shocked

My honest opinion..let the older players have a "lap of honour" runaround this summer, then retire them gradually. We've got an aging team, and we need to blood some new talent ASAP. Very Happy
Dragonfly
Aussies will continue to be on top because one lost match doesn't make them fall from top whereas others have many lost recently.... Good to see Rahul Dravid among the third best test player.
babumuchhala
noliver wrote:
If you feel the need to cut & pase then it should be in the following format :

Quote:

The LG ICC Test Batting Rankings

1 Jacques Kallis AFR

2 Brian Lara WI

3 Rahul Dravid IND

4 Virender Sehwag IND

5 Ricky Ponting AUS

6 Inzamam-ul-Haq

7 Shivnarine Chanderpaul WI

8 Marcus Trescothick ENG

9 Andrew Strauss ENG

10 Graeme Smith AFR



Source : http://www.cricketratings.com/

Anyway, the point of this post is - why are some south african players marked as AFR and some as SA ?
Like Makhaya Ntini below...

Quote:


The LG ICC Test Bowling Rankings

1 Muttiah Muralitharan SL

2 Glenn McGrath AUS

3 Shane Warne AUS

4 Shaun Pollock AFR

5 Makhaya Ntini SA

6 Chaminda Vaas SL

7 Shoaib Akhtar

7 Andrew Flintoff ENG

9 Matthew Hoggard ENG

10 Anil Kumble IND



Source : http://www.cricketratings.com/

In a recent Jaques Kallis Exibition match in south africa - Brain Lara and Jaques Kallis batted together - and it was lovely - until 5 runs later Andre Nel had to spoil the party when he clean-bowled Lara. Party-Pooper ! Smile

Have a Nice Day !
OOPS i forgot it needed to be Quoted, but then i had thought that since these were just Ranks they didnt need to be quoted. Will keep them in Mind when i post anything of this sort next time
bigdan
Dragonfly wrote:
Aussies will continue to be on top because one lost match doesn't make them fall from top whereas others have many lost recently.... Good to see Rahul Dravid among the third best test player.


My main concern is that we'll start going on a downhill spiral that will take years to recover from...who knows what the future holds?
babumuchhala
Everyone has their UPS & Downs.

As for Australia they have been on top for a long time now, but now its time most of the players in Team will retire most prolly before or maybe after the 2007 worldcup.

So Australia will have to rebuild itself. They might loose the top spot but will not be away from it for too long

Unless India can start winning all the Finals it reaches Wink Cool
Manwho
LG ICC ODI Championship
1) Australia 132
2) South Africa 119
3) India 116
4) Pakistan 114
5) New Zealand 113
6) Sri Lanka 105
7) England 103
8 ) West Indies 89
9) Zimbabwe 42
10) Bangladesh 24
11) Kenya 7

LG ICC Test Championship

1) Australia 131
2) England 113
3) India 111
4) Pakistan 109
5) New Zealand 101
6) South Africa 98
7) Sri Lanka 95
8 ) West Indies 72
9) Zimbabwe 27
10) Bangladesh 3

Last Updated: 20 April 2006

Source: http://www.icc-cricket.com
rajhank
MS Dhoni, India's top quality batsman has come to the no. 1 position in ICC Ranking.

I wonder when Ricky Ponting will displace him..
assex
Ponting's not good anymore. He's rusted. I would rate a person like Mike Hussey or even Michael Clarke better than him. As the ICC Cricket World Cup draws nearer, I guess that Ricky Ponting will have to improve if Australia want to stand a chance. I mean, without him in prime form, they are useless. Last World Cup, he was the main cause for them actually winning!!
Nowadays, the Aussies have completely lost their touch! I mean, they lost to Bangladesh!
babumuchhala
WOW that was a nice surprise assex.

When the hell did Ponting go out of form

He's hitting centuries after centuries, was the No.1 batsmen in ODI's & is the No.1 in Test.

Just wondering if this isnt is prime form then what can be his prime form

@manwho,
I think u forgot the [quote] tags Razz
Scorpio
assex wrote:
Ponting's not good anymore. He's rusted. I would rate a person like Mike Hussey or even Michael Clarke better than him. As the ICC Cricket World Cup draws nearer, I guess that Ricky Ponting will have to improve if Australia want to stand a chance. I mean, without him in prime form, they are useless. Last World Cup, he was the main cause for them actually winning!!
Nowadays, the Aussies have completely lost their touch! I mean, they lost to Bangladesh!


Oh HO! That gave me a laugh!

If Australia doesnt have ponting they have people coming up all the time.

Doesnt mean that they have lost touch just because they got beaten on one particular day.

Even India can get their *** kicked by bangladesh some day.

But the fact is that IF aussies were a weak team how come they are at the top while India is languishing at the bottom.

They have a number of players to bat bowl and field. Not that ponting is the only player in the team.

Gilchrist is the best keeper/batsman in the world today.

Dont criticise Australia just because Indians got themselves kicked out of last world cup finals.

Anyway, I always support Australia in cricket whether they win or lose.

Unlike a mad cap India Supporter though
kany
Well i think that the aussies are now lacking the experties of McGrath . I don't think he will play much longer . and withough McGrath and Gillespie there bowling attack does not seem that convincing.
Manwho
I think Australia should do well in ODIs, because they only hae a problem in bowlers

I mean, they seem to get batsmen all the time, even when their great batsmen retire, they will get good batsmen to follow, at least tjat has been the case till now.

And in ODIs, you need batsmen, for me at least, to win the match.

For me, the problem for them will be in tests, because you need quality bowlers to win tests. And we'll just have to wait and see if they can produce good bowlers soon.

But then again, the World Cup is in ODI Wink

@babumuchhala: Sorry about that, is it ok if I just edit it now?
babumuchhala
Manwho wrote:
@babumuchhala: Sorry about that, is it ok if I just edit it now?
I would say let it be now. Just remember to put the quote tags next time around Very Happy
Related topics
cricket?
Cricket World Cup 2006
Intresint rankings
ICC ODI World Cup schedule - 2007
Australia win the Cricket World Cup...again
India Vs Pakistan - World 20-20 Final
Cartoons - Australian Team, A bad phase of World Cricket
End to a Great Cricket Legend - Dada to play no more...
MMA News
list of countries playing cricket
will world cup 2010 be sachin's last world cup???
who is the best batsman of the world cricket????
Does India deserve to be at teh number one spot?
Asia Cup 2012
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Sports

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.