FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iPod Classic

Tony The Tiger
It has been a while since the iPod Classic has been upgraded. The iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle and iPhone have all been upgraded in the last year and a half. All that has happened with the Classic is that they have merged the 80GB model and the 160Gb model into a single 120GB model. It seems like the Classic is overdue for some improvements. Does anyone have any idea when we should expect any new features.
weableandbob
Not that I can think of, as the basic ipod has stayed pretty much the same since the beginning, besides adding color, and support for some things like video, but there isn't much else they can add at this point. Hope someone finally cracks the firmware though =P
Tony The Tiger
weableandbob wrote:
Not that I can think of, as the basic ipod has stayed pretty much the same since the beginning, besides adding color, and support for some things like video, but there isn't much else they can add at this point. Hope someone finally cracks the firmware though =P

I want mine to cook and do the dishes. Every time I turn around my dishes need to be cleaned even though it seem like I did them just last week. No but seriously, eventually I will get the iPhone if they ever get it up to 100GB of storage. I don't like having to deal with sbset playlists. I like to carry my whole music collection with me at all times. Yes I even carry 50 Christmas albums on my iPod during the summer. I don't know what mood I will be in in three hours. I like having my music for all moods. Of course I rarely play my Xmas music outside of the Yuletide season, but I don't know if I will want to hear Toby Keith, TI, Diana Krall, Elvis, The Stones, or Aretha Franklin five hours from now. I like to carry everything I've got. Admitedly, I currently have separate RAZR, iPod and Garmin nuvi devices, but until the iPhone has a lot more capacity, I won't be buying one.
j14fusion14
Well the iPod Classic seems to have been replaced by the iPod Touch (That is my opinion). I do hope they update it though, it is a really nice iPod.
Tony The Tiger
j14fusion14 wrote:
Well the iPod Classic seems to have been replaced by the iPod Touch (That is my opinion). I do hope they update it though, it is a really nice iPod.

No they are two different models or lines. The Classic still exists separately. It holds a lot more music, but has less sophisticated technical features than the Touch.
Donutey
I think the classic will be eventually phased out as the price of flash memory comes down to the point it would no longer have any advantages over the touch/iphone.
Tony The Tiger
Donutey wrote:
I think the classic will be eventually phased out as the price of flash memory comes down to the point it would no longer have any advantages over the touch/iphone.

I think it is more the size than the price. When they can put 100 GB or more in a iPod touch or iPhone, then they will be able to phase out the classic.